One product in two categories different default attributes

Hi,

is it possible to show one product in different categories with different default attributes. I'm afraid that, in default does not. Is there a module for this solution?

Many thanks for reply

• Like 1

As far as I know you would need to duplicate the product and then add the different attributes to the product. Because it's essentially the same product just showing in more then one category, so in order to display different attributes you would need to clone the basic info so it looks like the same product but actually it's 2 different ones.

Thank you for your reply. I'm afraid you're right. In our shop we are selling coffee (whole bean and Nespresso capsules), and I would like to add one type of coffee to Coffee category and Capsules category. It's one coffee type only in different packages.

Having duplicate products in not a good idea, as search engine will penalize you for it.

There is no built in way to change the default combination based on the category, however, you could write a little script that will change the selection in the front end based on the category,

I'm not sure that is the best approach though, and it would require some hard coding and good scripting knowledge

Ok, first of all I wasn't suggesting that you use identical products, because yes that would be a strike against you! I was mearly suggesting that you could duplicate a product to start with, then use the new product for a variation! Secondly If you change a product guess what it's not the same. Such as adding new attributes, des.

Edited by T-Bone (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am looking for same in prestashop 1.6.0.11. and cannot find the solution. some customers they buy products from the category page (Add to cart from category page). and they don't open the product page to select the right required size. and it is causing returns on delivery, customer saying that, they have not ordered this size, they ordered other size. please find a solution for this. and guide us. 

Looking forward to hear from you.

thanks