Email recovery password problem

Hello

I have french boutique with prestashop and i am having an issue. Can anyone help me?

Here is the problem:

A client sent me an email because he forgot his password and try to use the recovery system but when he clicked on send, He got the message like: "an error happenned while sending your email."

So i tried it myself and I received the same message. Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Do you receive any E-mail notifications from your store? Have you initially set up the E-mail preferences?

Hi,

I have the same issue i just started my website, couple customer complaint to me that they cannot recover the password.

i try with my front office email its giving me the same errors as follows

"

There is 1 error

1. An error occurred while sending the email." Any suggestions please. thanks

• Like 1

Hi Benjamin'

I am using the newest version,

when i using Use PHP mail() function. Recommended; works in most cases ( In E mail configuration) i get the test emails and i get messages from contact pages but i cannot replay to their messages.

Advanced email configuration does not work.

Hi Cornerstonegifts, have you checked your E-mail preferences, are they working? What version are you using?

Hi Benjamin'

I am using the newest version,

when i using Use PHP mail() function. Recommended; works in most cases ( In E mail configuration) i get the test emails and i get messages from contact pages but i cannot replay to their messages.

Advanced email configuration does not work.

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have a similar issue, when I use the "forgot my password" link it gives me a blank page. I'm using PrestaShop 1.5.6.1

I turned on error reporting, it says:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "/home5/confiach/public_html/store/themes/confi_theme/password.tpl" on line 52 "<a class="button fr" href="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)}" title="[spam-filter]l s='Return to Login'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Back to Login'}</a>" - Unexpected """, expected one of: "}" , " " , ATTR' in /home5/confiach/public_html/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:667

Stack trace: #0 /home5/confiach/public_html/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3144): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error()

#1 /home5/confiach/public_html/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3209): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_syntax_error(78, '"')

#2 /home5/confiach/public_html/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.ph in /home5/confiach/public_html/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 667

When i saw this, the only thing i could say was WOW and then a face that looks similar to this one :wacko:

Any ideas anyone.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My problem with the customer email password recovery: when a customer forgot the pasword and ask a new one, the message displaying on screen a wrong email address (all times an earlier admin email, what otherwise not in use): "A confirmation email has been sent to your address: [email protected]". It would be the correct (sample): [email protected]. The confrmation mail, then the new password goes to the correct customer's mail ([email protected]), this works correctly. Whence PS picking up the  this old admin mail? Why doesn't display the customer's email?
Sorry for my bad english.
PS 1.5.6.2., www.partner-budapest.wolfordshop.hu
Edited by Denes (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have a similar issue, when I use the "forgot my password" link it gives me a blank page. I'm using PrestaShop 1.5.6.1

I turned on error reporting, it says:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "/home5/confiach/public_html/store/themes/confi_theme/password.tpl" on line 52 "<a class="button fr" href="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)}" title="[spam-filter]l s='Return to Login'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Back to Login'}</a>" - Unexpected """, expected one of: "}" , " " , ATTR' in /home5/confiach/public_html/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:667

Stack trace: #0 /home5/confiach/public_html/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3144): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error()

#1 /home5/confiach/public_html/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3209): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_syntax_error(78, '"')

#2 /home5/confiach/public_html/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.ph in /home5/confiach/public_html/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 667

When i saw this, the only thing i could say was WOW and then a face that looks similar to this one :wacko:

Any ideas anyone.

It meas that in your password.tpl file you have a syntax error in line 52. I had the same error and when I checked the file in line 52, I found this:

<p class="clear">
    <a class="button fr" href="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)}" title="[spam-filter]l s='Return to Login'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Back to Login'}</a> 
</p>

There should only be one {, so i fixed it like this:

<p class="clear">
    <a class="button fr" href="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)}" title="{l s='Return to Login'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Back to Login'}</a> 
</p>

And it worked.

Edited by waroxa (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I currently have an issue with password recovery, emails go to the right person with no problems, but when they click the link delivered in the email to reset their password it supplies a 500 Internal Server Error.

I really need to have this resolved asap as I had to migrate from another system and move all customers without their encrypted passwords, which means that more than 700 customers will need to reset their passwords if they choose to return, or create a new account.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My problem with the customer email password recovery: when a customer forgot the pasword and ask a new one, the message displaying on screen a wrong email address (all times an earlier admin email, what otherwise not in use): "A confirmation email has been sent to your address: [email protected]". It would be the correct (sample): [email protected]. The confrmation mail, then the new password goes to the correct customer's mail ([email protected]), this works correctly. Whence PS picking up the  this old admin mail? Why doesn't display the customer's email?
Sorry for my bad english.
PS 1.5.6.2., www.partner-budapest.wolfordshop.hu

Hi Denes

I have the same problem with the mail, did you find  why ?

thanks

• 5 months later...

Same problem here but just with old clients that I've imported. When I recover password from a new client it works ok. When I imported the old clients I did put a fake password on them to force recover. I guess this may be the problem but don't understand the reason why.

• 3 months later...

Hello, the problem I am facing is-> when a customer receives a mail for resetting the password, it is sent as a text. Link isn't applied in the email. I have checked in the controller and the line is present in the code. How do i change it? Customers are unable to click on the link. Instead they have to copy and paste it in a new tab. Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Keshav

Hello, the problem I am facing is-> when a customer receives a mail for resetting the password, it is sent as a text. Link isn't applied in the email. I have checked in the controller and the line is present in the code. How do i change it? Customers are unable to click on the link. Instead they have to copy and paste it in a new tab. Thanks in advance. 

I am having this issue exactly. Using PS 1.6.0.14. Can someone help with this?

• 1 month later...

I currently have an issue with password recovery, emails go to the right person with no problems, but when they click the link delivered in the email to reset their password it supplies a 500 Internal Server Error.

I really need to have this resolved asap as I had to migrate from another system and move all customers without their encrypted passwords, which means that more than 700 customers will need to reset their passwords if they choose to return, or create a new account.

Has there been ANY response to this?

Am currently having this problem in a 1.6.1.1 site. I would greatly appreciate a response from a member of Prestashop's team - It is a bit tiring finding thread after thread with no response from Prestashop themselves with at least acknowledgement of the problems.

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. Any solution?