[solved]Set up Google Analytics

In prestashop module google analytics there is a description of four steps what i must do !

But i dont understand them :)

Can you please help me whith general things what i must change there !

I have already registred in google an entered id code in module !

What next?

Thanks !

Edited by johnxl (see edit history)

if you have got an google analytics account, and if you created unique tracking code + inserted it into the module - you configurured it properly. Now you can check google analytics page for statistics for your website.

In prestashop module google analytics there is a description of four steps what i must do !

But i dont understand them :)

Can you please help me whith general things what i must change there !

I have already registred in google an entered id code in module !

What next?

Thanks !

Hello, johnxl

at first you have to generate your site google analytics code and than you need to put that before </body> tag with any free module or put that in footer.tpl in theme , after one day check your google analytics account. as google take 24hours to show latest update of visitor. Hope this help you and give idead how to do this .

Yes I have already get unique code and inserted in free prestashop google analytic module ! Thats all i have to do?

I found there is a four steps what i can do,,for example set goals and other things !

The first step of tracking e-commerce transactions is to enable e-commerce reporting for your website's profile.

To enable e-Commerce reporting, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account
  2. Click Edit next to the profile you would like to enable.
  3. On the Profile Settings page, click Edit (next to Main Website Profile Information).
  4. Change the e-Commerce Website radio button from No to Yes

To set up your goals, enter Goal Information:

1. Return to Your Account main page
  2. Find the profile for which you will be creating goals, then click Edit
  3. Select one of the 4 goal slots available for that profile, then click Edit
  4. Enter the Goal URL. Reaching this page marks a successful conversion.
  5. Enter the Goal name as it should appear in your Google Analytics account.
  6. Turn on Goal.

Then, define a funnel by following these steps:

1. Enter the URL of the first page of your conversion funnel. This page should be a common page to all users working their way towards your Goal.
  2. Enter a Name for this step.
  3. If this step is a required step in the conversion process, mark the checkbox to the right of the step.
  4. Continue entering goal steps until your funnel has been completely defined. You may enter up to 10 steps, or only one step.

Finally, configure Additional settings by following the steps below:

1. If the URLs entered above are case sensitive, mark the checkbox.
  2. Select the appropriate goal Match Type. (Learn more about Match Types and how to choose the appropriate goal Match Type for your goal.)
  3. Enter a Goal value. This is the value used in Google Analytics' ROI calculations.
  4. Click Save Changes to create this Goal and funnel, or Cancel to exit without saving.

Demonstration: The order process

1. After having enabled your e-commerce reports and selected the respective profile enter 'order-confirmation.php' as the targeted page URL.
  2. Name this goal (for example 'Order process')
  3. Activate the goal
  4. Add 'product.php' as the first page of your conversion funnel
  5. Give it a name (for example, 'Product page')
  6. Do not mark the 'required' checkbox because the customer could be visiting directly from an 'adding to cart' button such as in the homefeatured block on the homepage.
  7. Continue by entering the following URLs as goal steps:
    • order/step0.html (required)
    • authentication.php (required)
    • order/step1.html (required)
    • order/step2.html (required)
    • order/step3.html (required)

[*]Check the 'Case sensitive' option

[*]Save this new goal

I have set up a new site http://foodfromcyprus.com/ added the tracking ID to the module but it still shows 'Status: Tracking Not Installed'.

Tried everything else, force compile, empty cache but nothing works and it has been 24 hours since I configured the module.

The only thing that I might have done wrong is that I chose the 'beta' version in Google Analytics when I set up the new account for this site.

Any suggestions please ? :) ?

I have set up a new site http://foodfromcyprus.com/ added the tracking ID to the module but it still shows 'Status: Tracking Not Installed'.

Tried everything else, force compile, empty cache but nothing works and it has been 24 hours since I configured the module.

The only thing that I might have done wrong is that I chose the 'beta' version in Google Analytics when I set up the new account for this site.

Any suggestions please ? :) ?

i just saw your code on html by view source and there is no code for google on footer before </body> your code is before close head tag it need to before body tag.

Edited by smartdatasoft (see edit history)
  • Like 1

i just saw your code on html by view source and there is no code for google on footer before </body> your code is before close head tag it need to before body tag.

Thank you for your reply. I was just impatient... 24hours after I installed the module it finally worked. So, for the benefit of others who may install Google Analytics, this confirms that the 'beta' version works ok.

Another clarification: When you install the module 'logo.gifGoogle Analytics v1.3 by PrestaShop' you only need to enter your Tracking ID and after 24 hours it will begin tracking. You do not need to enter the code in the themes>yourtheme>footer.tpl

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello, johnxl

at first you have to generate your site google analytics code and than you need to put that before </body> tag with any free module or put that in footer.tpl in theme , after one day check your google analytics account. as google take 24hours to show latest update of visitor. Hope this help you and give idead how to do this .

First of all thank you so much for the efort. Although thank you is never carrying water while :-). When and if i place my GA code in there my front page is not accessible, however backend is accessible. Why is that?

Hmm, there's some confusing advice in this thread - well, it confused me, anyway! :unsure: Wolfstores has it right, the steps to get this working are:

1. Go to the Google Analytics website, sign up for an account. A Tracking ID and a snippet of Tracking Code will be generated for you.
  2. (Install and) configure the Prestashop Google Analytics module by copying the Tracking ID into the Your username box & click Update ID
  3. As indicated in post #8, ignore the snippet of Tracking Code from Google - the Prestashop module will use the Tracking ID to generate the required code snippet within your shop.
  4. Check the Status on your Google Analytics account to see when it is set to 'Tracking Installed'. At that point (should be within 24 hrs), data will start being collected and then you can use the reporting function.

HTH, Dave

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...