[SOLVED] Can't change shop name and email adress

Hello community.

I know this subject has been treated, but I'm changing the name of my shop in Preferences / Contact and shops, there is nothing to do, these values ​​do not change.

For a moment, it is saved, I see the new name in the top left, and email is good, but when i click on an other tab, the old name is back. But I can change the name of the city easily.

I also edited my database, and now the value is good in the DB, what I mean is my new name is entered in the database, but it does not affect my site.

I did the operation locally and it works well. Can I take a local file and replace the one online with it?

Thank you for your help.

Ps I'm in 1.5.4.1

Edited by orangewebdesign (see edit history)

Hi Orangewebdesign,

Make sure that you set the Preferences > Force Compile option so that the page refreshes using your changes.

To clear the cached data, delete the content of the following folders:

• cache/smarty/compile
  • cache/smarty/cache
  • img/ tmp

Clear all data in the folders, but you shouldn't delete the INDEX.PHP file.

Refresh your browser page and check to make sure you're seeing the shop come up okay.

Arnel C.

webhostinghub.com

Community Support Team

Edited by arncus (see edit history)

Hello Arncus, thank you for your reply. I did exactly what you told, and it's still the same.

When I change the name in the tab and save this, it seems ok. But when I click for another link, the old name come back.

If I come back in with the browser in the Preferences / Contact and shops page, the shop name is good, if I refresh the name is still good. But if I leave the page and come back later with the BO tabs, the name is wrong.

Excuse my english i'm french.

Thank you for you help. I'm still working on it.

Edited by orangewebdesign (see edit history)

Try this:

Change the email for example. With the correct one on screen (riught after the save) login to php my admin, locate the configuration tab of your prestashop installation and look for PS_SHOP_EMAIL. LEt us know if that contains the new or old value

Hi guys.

Nemo1 was right on, with is first answer. I'm not in multistore but there is 2 entries named PS_SHOP_NAME and PS_SHOP_EMAIL. In the table PS_CONFIGURATION. The first ones was with the right values, but not the seconds ones. I changed those values directly into the DB, and it works now.

It fixed the problem, thank you very, very much.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi
I have the same problem. I've checked the database and everything is right there with PS_SHOP_NAME and PS_SHOP_EMAIL.
  I have multi-shop disabled.
my problem is that the shop name is not shown when I write email to the customer, but it is only one letter n instead they'll stand my shop name.

I'm using 1.5.5.0
does anyone know how I can solve this?? please

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,
i am new in prestashop facing the above problem please help me.

As per  Arncus sugesttion i am not able to do Force Compile but i delete
 cache from below folder.Along with this problem i am not able to set my shop to Maintenance mode.

• cache/smarty/compile
  • cache/smarty/cache
  • img/ tmp

As per Nemo1 i checked ps_configuration table there is only one entry for shop name ane email.And if i update it from database then i will fine but there is no option to edit it from back office. 

please help me.

Edited by ritesh.cis (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

well, I had both PS_SHOP_NAME and PS_SHOP_EMAIL twice in the database. The first entries were displayed correct (as I changed them in the backoffice), the second entries were still displaying the old info. Since I corrected the second entries with the new info the issue was solved for me. So I did not delete anything, only correct it.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I need some help on this matter. I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.6. I don't have the same entries in the ps_configuration row. I have ps_contact which had two emails as the default admin@domainname. I changed them both, it made no difference however.

The email is still set at admin@ and the store name always changes straight back the to the default 'My e-commerce'. 'My e-commerce' is in the heading to emails to my customers.

Any help would be much appreciated to change the email address and shop name.

Many thanks

well, I had both PS_SHOP_NAME and PS_SHOP_EMAIL twice in the database. The first entries were displayed correct (as I changed them in the backoffice), the second entries were still displaying the old info. Since I corrected the second entries with the new info the issue was solved for me. So I did not delete anything, only correct it.

Thank you HavanA

I have found PS_shop_name and email in the ps_configuration table as stated earlier. (I didn't see all the entries as I didn't know that you have to continue on to the following pages).

It is exactly as HavanA says. I searched through the whole table and found two entries for shop name and email. One was correct and one wasn't. I corrected the second one and it has now changed in the backoffice. Many thanks for those who have helped on this topic.