[solved] Applying discounts to specific products

Hey,

i'm trying to set up a cart-rule which will give a % discount on a specific product. This seems to be out-of-the-box functionality, so I:

1. open Price rules > cart rules page

2. navigate to the "actions" tab

3. Select "Specific product" radio button

4. Start typing the product name

A "Loading" pop-up message appears but no product listing is loaded or displayed.

If i enter the complete product name myself, it does not stick after Save.

I'm wondering if: something went wrong during the installation / or is this a known issue / maybe there is a work-around or fix?

thank you!!

btw I'm using PrestaShop version: 1.5.4.1, default theme

Hey,

i'm trying to set up a cart-rule which will give a % discount on a specific product. This seems to be out-of-the-box functionality, so I:

1. open Price rules > cart rules page

2. navigate to the "actions" tab

3. Select "Specific product" radio button

4. Start typing the product name

A "Loading" pop-up message appears but no product listing is loaded or displayed.

If i enter the complete product name myself, it does not stick after Save.

I'm wondering if: something went wrong during the installation / or is this a known issue / maybe there is a work-around or fix?

thank you!!

btw I'm using PrestaShop version: 1.5.4.1, default theme

hello this feature is available in "Condition" tab, take a look:

AlfLndJ.png

after clickin on the "OK" then chose you will be able to select products from list:

tfjJSqL.png

all of this don't work for you?

Hey Vekia,

no this does not work. Nothing happens when i click "OK".

On the Actions page, when i specify a product, the page keeps on "loading". See screenshot.

thanks.

turn console on (f12 / fn+f12 in chrome browser) then try to do what you want, you will see action log in console. If some error appears there - you will see it..

why you don't want to use conditions tab?

• 3 weeks later...

hi.. i have problem setting up the specific price.. after i set the price, the final price has not changed according to what i have set up.. i hope you could help.. is that because of the bug or what should i do. tq

can you be more speciic? did you set up a by country, group or language specific price? and if so how did you test it?

• 2 months later...

Hi there, hope that someone can bring some light on my issue...

I was working with PS 1.5.4, then upgraded to 1.5.4.1, everythin working fine.

However, i decide to create a voucher valid to a certain number of products. I can choose the products as Vekia explains before, although when I save the settings, and check the voucher later, "conditions" for product limitation are empty....

I'm getting crazy, don't know what could be causing the issue... I dont see any javascript error on browser. Tried on chrome and firefox.

Thanks in advance

Edited:

ok dont worry, dont know how but I fixed it. Thanks anyway ;)

Edited by silentRun (see edit history)

are you able to check the database of your shop in software like phpmyadmin etc. ?

Yes, I am ;)

I was having this issue after the upgrade, and driving me crazy, however, after checking several stuff, and clearing caches ... suddenly it was working again...

Thanks anyway Vekia ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I'm experience an error like this,

When selecting a product in  "conditions tab" it is ok, but when I save no error is given but if I'll go check the rule in "conditions tab" product_restriction checkbox is not checked and have no product selected.

This problem is on PS 1.5.3.1.

Note that just a few days ago all this was working fine.

Any help ?

I've already cleaned up cache, enabled debug, and no errors are thrown :(

• 2 years later...

error for me was 403. admin / themes / default / template / controllers / cart_rules / form.js. i set this to 0664, same as other .js files. error gone.

still have this error : dh42.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined(anonymous function) @ dh42.js:1

js.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined(anonymous function) @ js.js:1

but i can get away with that. again thanks @vekia for error console and el patron!