PayPal module 3.4.8 Error

Hello PrestaShop community,

I am using PS 1.5.4 and I updated to the new paypal module version 3.4.8. When trying to add an item to my cart I am getting the following popup error message:

textStatus: 'error'

errorThrown: ''

responseText:

I had to disable the paypal module in order to get my shopping cart working again. Please advise if there's a real fix for this issue.

Thank you!

post-169055-0-53980900-1365257494_thumb.png

Edited by tsaf11 (see edit history)

Same error here.

Only thing I have done was upgrade the paypal module and we are now recieving this error.

We have lost a whole days internet business because of this... how can we downgrade this module to the previous version ?

Ahhh, I have managed to downgrade it from the backup I had.

just deleted the modules/paypal folder and re-uploaded it.

Working again for now...

Why release an update when it hasnt been fully tested :blink:

Thanks for the info. I downgraded back to v3.4.7 and I am in business once again.

• Like 1

Same error here, only i don't have the v3.4.7 any more. Upgraded the module too fast!!

Is there any one who can send me the 3.4.7 version? My business is down for the moment, no payment options.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi,

I dont have the actual installer, I have attached the paypal folder from the modules directory.

So just delete, or rename your paypal folder, and replace it with the contents of this zip :)

Hi MerseyRay,

Thanks for your fast respons.

I will try it out if it works for me.

Best regards,

Maniot

Hi,

I have also problem with this. I have new installation of Prestashop 1.5.4 and when I Install and activate the PayPal plugin (3.4.8) it doesnt work. The shop page is all white blank - same happend when I press the configure "button" in modules.....

ha I got the error:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to PayPalLogos::getLocalLogos() must be of the type array, null given, called in /...../web/shop/modules/paypal/paypal_logos.php on line 60 and defined in /...../web/shop/modules/paypal/paypal_logos.php on line 87

OK... stupid..... FIXED:

they have only some countries in the "logos.xml" file (modules/paypal/) and my country wasnt there. So I just copy one of them and replace the <country iso_code="GB"> to my country code.....

Edited by tomperys (see edit history)

Prestashop 1.5.4 new install

I could not install the built in module 3.4.8 it gave error:

2 errors

The '.$folder.' you uploaded is not a module

Module not found

I uploaded the 3.4.8 zip - same error

I installed (by FTP) 3.4.6 OK

Is that site any help? (it is not live yet)

dmsims, thank you.

We are asking for your FTP details to investigate the problem and permanently fix the issue.

We have been trying to reproduce the error to no avail. Could you PM me your temporary FTP details so we can solve this for the whole community?

Same error here.

Only thing I have done was upgrade the paypal module and we are now recieving this error.

We have lost a whole days internet business because of this... how can we downgrade this module to the previous version ?

Hello PrestaShop community,

I am using PS 1.5.4 and I updated to the new paypal module version 3.4.8. When trying to add an item to my cart I am getting the following popup error message:

textStatus: 'error'

errorThrown: ''

responseText:

I had to disable the paypal module in order to get my shopping cart working again. Please advise if there's a real fix for this issue.

Thank you!

If anybody with this issue can provide FTP details, we will really appreciate it. We can then look into the root of the problem and solve it at its source.

What kind of problems. I had also some problems with 3.4.8 version of Paypal in combination with version 1.5.4.0 of Prestashop. Specifically, the delete links and the vouchers were not visible in shopping cart. I solved it by commenting the line 52, that is:

$('.qty-field.cart_quantity_input, .cart_total_bar, .cart_quantity_delete, #cart_voucher *').remove();

As you can see this line removes the specific parts from the page for one page checkout. The quick solution for me was commenting the line. I hope it helps someone. If I have time, I will check for a better solution...

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue as @dmsims (http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/237888-paypal-module-348-error/?do=findComment&comment=1188437) with Paypal module 3.6 and Prestashop 1.5.5.0 after upgrading from 1.4.8.2. How can I fix it? Or do you still need FTP access to investigate?

Edited by dornych (see edit history)

I have same issue, after update to 1.5.5 (from 1.5.4) paypal and merchant expertise (and perhaps also others, but i only tried these two) add ons produce the same error as @dornych mentions in his message.

I read on another thread that unzipping manually and copying the files manually (FTP) to the server works. However I cannot find a downloadable .zip of the "Merchant Expertise" add on.

Hi, what happens when you use this zip file to upload from your back office? 

More importantly, do you have PayPal already installed? It may be uninstalled but still present on your list.

You should go to your /modules folder and delete the PayPal module (after making a full backup)

Please let me know how it goes. 

v3.6-PayPal Europe.zip

@Benjamin:

Interesting. Your archive actually does work. It appears that paypal module was already installed (I didn't have to install it again after uploading). Will you release it as new version officially?

However previously it was more like the Module was installed in the database data but the actual module files were not present. I didn't have to delete /modules/paypal because it didn't exist.

I've recently upgraded from 1.4.8.2 to 1.5.5.0 which is when it stopped working. Something went wrong then probably (although the upgrade log was all green).

Thank you very much for your support!

Ok this is odd. The paypal module seems ok in backoffice but it is missing in the order payment method selection when submitting an order. Hooks seem to be ok though.

Update: In Modules > Payment there is Currency restrictions table. If I select a currency here and save and then go to frontoffice and select the same currency, paypal shows up. However I need it to work with the option "Customer currency" which doesn't work.

Hi,

To retrieve the Merchant Expertise module I copied (via FTP) the directory ( modules/gamification/) from the website backup to the new version. The whole module is available now including the previously generated stats.
Also my PayPal worked instantly after copying the directory of the most recent version into the modules directory.

However, it is strange that only these two directories where deleted / not reinstated when upgrading? Might it be related to the problems I have with the 1-click upgrade module? This module seems to be non-functional (I can only upgrade manually) where it is not capable to calculate the differences between the versions (when in version 1.5.4.1 trying to upgrade to v 1.5.5.0) and after upgrading shows a modification warning on

• classes/Hook.php
  • and a MD5 error

however it is now (in version 1.5.5.0) able to calculate the difference.... from itself, being zero (there is no newer version).

Regards,

Alexander