Upgraded to PP 3.4.6 but it has removed the voucher code field/options from Cart Summary

Lucas-911

I've recently updated the Paypal module to 3.4.6 because of a recent issue with the old PP module.

It has worked correctly on one site but for some reason, it has removed all the Voucher code options on the Cart Summary page?!

Presta 1.4.9 - so I'm thinking it has to be a core presta file or something to do with the theme as it has successfully worked on a site using Presta 1.4.6.2

Edited by Lucas-911 (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

Hi El Patron,

Thanks for the reply,

I just upgraded to Paypal 3.6, and voucher entry disappeared, If i disable paypal module it returns.

3.6 also fails to return customers to the confirmation page on my site after paypal has taken payment, It just leads them to a black page with the URL:

drystore.com.au/buy/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php?token=EC.....(example)....CA2Y

post-315731-0-35310600-1381152339_thumb.png

post-315731-0-60423500-1381152341_thumb.png

Edited by louisvs (see edit history)

Hi El Patron,

Thanks for the reply,

I just upgraded to Paypal 3.6, and voucher entry disappeared, If i disable paypal module it returns.

3.6 also fails to return customers to my site after paypal has taken payment, It just leads them to 

drystore.com.au/buy/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php?token=EC.....(example)....CA2Y

that is weird...message bellin13 with link to this post...he is resident pp expert.

• Like 1

Message Sent Thanks, Hopefully he can come up with  solution...

At least the payment goes through before I have an error, unlike a few of the other threads on here, seems like the latest Paypal modules have had a few issues?

Is there somewhere to download older versions and are they compatible with version 1.55?

Thanks again for your time.

Edited by louisvs (see edit history)

Message Sent Thanks, Hopefully he can come up with  solution...

At least the payment goes through before I have an error, unlike a few of the other threads on here, seems like the latest Paypal modules have had a few issues?

Is there somewhere to download older versions and are they compatible with version 1.55?

Thanks again for your time.

I will defer to bellini13, didn't you do a shop upgrade just lately?

I have installed Paypal v3.6 on PS v1.5.5 with the default theme and the voucher field displays properly.

You'll need to confirm your Prestashop Version and which theme you are using. Have you tried to reset the Paypal module, or did you just upload the new module using FTP?

Reading along highly interested...

.) Checked my voucher set-up for the umpteenth time ... they are set up the way shown in post#4

.) tried with my theme and the (untouched) standard theme ... all the same

.) tried to install an older version of the paypal module (3.5.5) ... same mess

.) deleted 3.5.5 again and re-installed a fresh download of 3.6 ... hardly any changes

.) when deactivating 3.6 voucher field is always displayed

The ablolutely most weird thing of all is: now that for a moment I thought this bug were gone (as I could not reprodice it on my computer for one day), I gave the link to my development environment to my daughter, and (using the same test-customer's identity) she reported that the voucher field is not showing on her screen - while (using the very same test customer identity) it at the moment does show up for me!

I'm at my wit's end... :wacko:

Thanks for the replys guys,

El Patron, This is a new install I had issues with upgrade so started from scratch yesterday, haven't pulled anything across from the old database yet. Version is 3.55. I downloaded the latest PayPal Europe yesterday and installed via the "add new" button in modules, force compile is on.

I tried resetting the module. I will have a look at the link posted and try further trouble shooting today.

Thanks guys

Louis

@Louis:

First confirm the paypal module configuration settings

1) Step 1: "Choose Express Setup"

2) Configuration options: Offer Express Setup = Yes

3) Configuration options: Payment Type = Direct Sales

Save the module settings and try again.

If the voucher field still is hidden, then edit the following file
paypal\views\templates\hook\paypal.js

Find lines 48-66 and delete them.  There is no reason this should be happening, it doesn't happen on a fresh 1.5.5 install with PayPal Europe version 3.6

{literal}

/* 1.5 One page checkout*/
var qty = $('.qty-field.cart_quantity_input').val();
$('.qty-field.cart_quantity_input').after(qty);
$('.qty-field.cart_quantity_input, .cart_total_bar, .cart_quantity_delete, #cart_voucher *').remove();

var br = $('.cart > a').prev();
br.prev().remove();
br.remove();
$('.cart.ui-content > a').remove();

var gift_fieldset = $('#gift_div').prev();
var gift_title = gift_fieldset.prev();
$('#gift_div, #gift_mobile_div').remove();
gift_fieldset.remove();
gift_title.remove();

{/literal}
  • Like 1

Bellini13 Thanks for the feedback,

I have checked my paypal settings and corrected the first option to 1) Step 1: "Choose Express Setup"

I had it set to "Regular Payments"

Still same issue, I then removed the code above and problem was solved.

Interestingly, with multishipping on If I clicked the "Ship Products to different addresses" Checkbox, on and then off the voucher box would appear after a few seconds delay. 

Side note, checked different browsers and Safari and Moz were fine. Just Chrome that had the issue. I'm still having issues with paypal return to confirmation page, post payment, but thats another issue for another post!

Many thanks for all your input.

Louis

• 2 months later...

Thank You for the solution!

It's unbelievable... No words... Every time that I make an update on my stores, I got a different problem (like for the google sitemap module)...

I found this problem just now!!! After a lot of time since the last update.. 

I removed the code from the post by Bellini13 and I have solved the problem.

@louis Same problem only with Chrome. On the other browser works fine.