Hi everyone,

I'm new to using PS (using 1.5.3.1) so this might seem a silly question but... I don't think the Customers > Shopping Carts feature in the BO is working right for me, or maybe I'm just missing something. I get that it shows me the carts customers have active while they're shopping and allows me to delete them manually if if the cart isn't converted into an order, though. Cool feature.

However (and this is what I find odd) it also shows carts that have been converted into orders and I am unable to delete them from this view. I realize that may be intentional (safety mechanism maybe, to keep you from deleting an order entirely), but it seems logical to me that if carts have become orders, they shouldn't even appear here. If I try to delete one I get an error message saying "An error occurred during deletion" and it won't delete. Is this normal or could this mean something is broken? And if broken, any idea where I would look to check to make sure the code hasn't been interfered with by a theme/template or module or something like that?

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated - thanks!

~ Elaine

• Like 1

Incidentally, in investigating this I'm reading that other people aren't seeing a trashcan icon next to carts that have been converted into orders, however I am. I don't know if this is a bug or intentional with 1.5.3... but I'd like that (at least no trashcan present would tell me at a very quick glance which carts were abandoned and able to delete, and which ones weren't, so I could plow through my deletions quicker).

Can anyone tell me how I might fix this (hide trashcans for converted carts)?

Edited by artofadornment (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I am using PS1.5.6.2 and I have the same concern. Carts with items changed to orders still there, and cannot be deleted manually! 

In addition to that, an empty shopping cart is generated every time a registered customer log in. 

If I remembered correctly, this did not happen in my previous version of PS while I was doing tests before. 

Anyone has the same issue or has a solution?

Thanks!

I think its definately a bug.!

Our store currently has over 5000 abandoned shopping carts :(

None of the orders have a bin to delete them.

Yet some of the non-orders have a bin, and some dont ?

On some of the carts that havent had orders, If I click a cart that was created today, it states that an order was placed using this cart weeks ago, or even months ago... thats a serious bug.

As soon as 1.6 is out, I am looking on scrapping the 1.5 and starting again.

Hopefully, without the bugs

I am using PS1.5.6.2 and I have the same concern. Carts with items changed to orders still there, and cannot be deleted manually! 

In addition to that, an empty shopping cart is generated every time a registered customer log in. 

If I remembered correctly, this did not happen in my previous version of PS while I was doing tests before. 

Thanks!

carts converted to orders, can not be deleted and are part of native prestashop for long time.

cart creation when visitor registers, this does not happen on my native 1.5.6.2 with default theme.  This makes me think that you have custom code and/or modules that could be creating these carts or that I do not have a native module enabled on my test shop that would cause this...

carts converted to orders, can not be deleted and are part of native prestashop for long time.

cart creation when visitor registers, this does not happen on my native 1.5.6.2 with default theme.  This makes me think that you have custom code and/or modules that could be creating these carts or that I do not have a native module enabled on my test shop that would cause this...

Thanks El Patron!

Now I understand why carts cannot be deleted. 

For empty carts, this happens even before I install foreign modules. Then it must be some native module causing this problem. 

For now, I just have to manually delete them. 

Kent

it's not true that carts converted to order can't be deleted,

after order, specification of cart are converted to rows in "ps_order_detail" table

I defer to Vekia on this one, I have never actually converted shopping cart to order.  I assumed that after you convert a shop cart to order it acts like any other order in that one can not delete it. :)

it's not true that carts converted to order can't be deleted,

after order, specification of cart are converted to rows in "ps_order_detail" table

It seems that what El Patron says is right with my PS1.5.6.2.

I just cannot delete all the shopping carts which the customer already checked out. 

My understanding of shopping carts should be a temporary place to store the information customer is interesting. That's why I don't understand why the shopping carts cannot be deleted after they are actually successful orders. 

Kent

• 6 months later...

To remove shopping carts after order is completed

In phpmyadmin  on your server  go to  the file    ps_cart    there you will see the list of shopping carts . you can delete them from there.

The orders generated from  the carts are unaffected . 

I am using  version 1.5.6  prestashop

NOTE. This worked for me, double check with a Moderator  if you are  unsure.

post-695261-0-54176400-1413145780_thumb.jpg

post-695261-0-76988100-1413145959_thumb.jpg

To remove shopping carts after order is completed

In phpmyadmin  on your server  go to  the file    ps_cart    there you will see the list of shopping carts . you can delete them from there.

The orders generated from  the carts are unaffected . 

I am using  version 1.5.6  prestashop

NOTE. This worked for me, double check with a Moderator  if you are  unsure.

moderator checking in.  I do not suggest doing this should read (DON'T DO THIS) :)

you may not think you have issue after doing so, but when you have ghost products showing up on orders, then you can directly relate back to deleting carts, well deleting anything for that matter.

thanks for sharing.

tip: always take a complete mysql back up (using export) before making any changes.

• 8 months later...

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to using PS (using 1.5.3.1) so this might seem a silly question but... I don't think the Customers > Shopping Carts feature in the BO is working right for me, or maybe I'm just missing something. I get that it shows me the carts customers have active while they're shopping and allows me to delete them manually if if the cart isn't converted into an order, though. Cool feature.

However (and this is what I find odd) it also shows carts that have been converted into orders and I am unable to delete them from this view. I realize that may be intentional (safety mechanism maybe, to keep you from deleting an order entirely), but it seems logical to me that if carts have become orders, they shouldn't even appear here. If I try to delete one I get an error message saying "An error occurred during deletion" and it won't delete. Is this normal or could this mean something is broken? And if broken, any idea where I would look to check to make sure the code hasn't been interfered with by a theme/template or module or something like that?

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated - thanks!

~ Elaine

Hi,

I too have these issues, on 1.6.0.09.

I have upgraded from 1.5.4 some time ago and since then I have these empty carts created automatically at user login and shopping carts that cannot be deleted, converted or not into orders.

Have been using a module to delete unwanted carts but it seems this module messes the database. Some of the un-deletable empty carts correspond to orders ID's that have been rightfully created in the past.

Can anyone help fix these issues?

Thank you.