Weight Based Shipping Not Disabling Carrier When Adding Items Goes Over Carrier Limit.

I wonder if anyone can point out if I'm doing anything wrong or if this a bug.

I have my carriers setup to use weight based shipping, so I have for example:

carrier one 0kg to 0.1kg

carrier two 0kg to 0.750kg

in the weight ranges section. For some reason it wont let me enter a maximum weight in the actual carriers section that is less than 1kg, I did try entering 0.1 but it wont let me.

I have an item that weighs 0.031kg.

Fine so far.

I add 1 of the item to the cart, picks carrier one.

I add a second of the item, so cart weighs 0.062kg, still carrier one.

I add a third of the same item, still fine, cart is 0.093kg still within limit.

I add a fourth which tips it over the 0.1kg limit for carrier one but it still picks carrier one...

If however I add another item which starts off heavier than 0.1kg, it disables carrier one.

Have I missed something out?

Hmmm,

first thing that comes in mind is mixing up somewhere with units. You said you couldn't add 0.1 to range, but later you check on this. How did you get the value in the range list in the end??

Also, Can you provide some screenshots of your carrier -weight range and one of one of your product ->weight field?

Is your site up, or still running locally only? If up, please provide a link to see for ourselves what happens...

Pascal

Afterthought: you say that when adding 1st product, it chooses carrier 1. Does it NOT let you choose yourself here? Carrier 2 starts at 0, so I would expect a choice of 1 and 2 to make...

Edited by PascalVG (see edit history)

screenshots attached.

To reply to your questions, the max weight value in the carrier configration page, from reading any value in there is overriden by the weights ranges so although its a issue, it cant be affecting this.

The site is live, www.everythinghenna.co.uk

for your afterthought , yes, it presents all the options, sadly, when its over the weight limit for that particular range/shipper it wont remove it (

post-492796-0-91061700-1362293234_thumb.png

post-492796-0-32848800-1362293235_thumb.png

post-492796-0-79978800-1362293235_thumb.png

post-492796-0-24981100-1362293236_thumb.png

post-492796-0-61430800-1362293236_thumb.png

I have seen a bug in PS 1.5.x that even when a carrier (built in, or external module) returns "false", Prestashop shows "free shipping" rather than hide the carrier.

I have not investigated it further, you can try to reinstall PS, or wait for a stable release of PS 1.5

I have a related issue. For items ordered online but collected in-store, the shipping rate is 0.00 but the cart would display "Free Shipping!" instead of just showing it as 0.00 - I have fixed that but I have discovered that when an item is over-weight, the carrier is hidden but the shipping in the cart shows again "Free Shipping!" instead of either hiding it or just showing 0.00.

Where do I find the code where I can change this behaviour?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dahermit,

I made 2 carriers as you showed in your images. It works as follows for me:

1 product (31 grams), price 0.9 (ok)

2 products: 0.9 (ok)

3 products: 0.9 (ok)

4 products 2.2 (ok)

24 products 2.2 (ok)

25 products 3.5 (ok)

32 products 3.5 (ok)

33 products : Free shipping (not defined, makes it free shipping (!!! I would change this to: "Call for quote")

Both in 'estimation module' part as well as real checkout where you have to add an address it works like this.

(BTW I had a previous test 'customer' default living in the USA. It correctly complained that I didnt have a carrier for the US.

When adding a second address in london/UK it accepted it first, although the default address in the US was still selected. At that moment it said Free shipping. When continuing, it correctly complained about the carrier not available for that US address. After selecting the London address, it was correct again, as described above)

You can play with it here: prestatestshop.buymethai.com

Product with 31 grams defined: Ipod Shuffle

(BTW I noticed a small error in PS1.5.3.1: When going over the upper limit from the first carrier, it still shows the first carrier as a choice at the bottom of the checkout screen (in he estimation module), but the price is copied from the second carrier. When going over the upper limit of the second carrier, it still shows both carriers as a choice, but shows: Free for both...)

By the way, be careful with your ranges:

The From -To are defined as follows:

- From (its value is INcluded),

- To (its value is EXcluded)

So if you want from 0 - 0.750 =2.2 Pounds, 0.751 - 1.000 kg =3.5 do as follows:

0.000 - 0.751 = 2.2 (To is EXcluded, so end with next number possible above 0.75 (increases in step of 0.001 -> 0.751)

0.751 - 1.001 = 3.5 (Start with same number here: .0751 is INcluded. To is EXcluded, so go 1 step further than 1.0 kg -> 1.001)

My 2 cents,

Pascal

By the way, be careful with your ranges:

The From -To are defined as follows:

- From (its value is INcluded),

- To (its value is EXcluded)

So if you want from 0 - 0.750 =2.2 Pounds, 0.751 - 1.000 kg =3.5 do as follows:

0.000 - 0.751 = 2.2 (To is EXcluded, so end with next number possible above 0.75 (increases in step of 0.001 -> 0.751)

0.751 - 1.001 = 3.5 (Start with same number here: .0751 is INcluded. To is EXcluded, so go 1 step further than 1.0 kg -> 1.001)

My 2 cents,

Pascal

But if it excludes the "TO" part it will Include it in the FROM part in the range below.. deleting 0.001 would be the same result.. no?

Not exactly same result. It depend what price you need for the 'edges'

normally postal service says, say, 1.50 for up UNTIL 500 grams, MORE than 500 but up UNTIL 1.0 kg 1.90£ or so, so normally the upper (rounded number) limit is not excluded, but upper limit is excluded in PS. Hope you see the difference :-)

• 3 months later...

just to add to this problem. I also seem to be getting our of range maximum shipping values values on 100 item orders. Or free shipping showing up. Is there any reason 100 items would trigger this bug. v 1.5.3.1 Eg when 100 items are ordered the highest values for postage are quoted. (like $480) but at 99 items or 101 items the price is back to normal At about $60

I have checked to see the incriments are wide enough and yes there is no way the item could slip into a no weight zone. it also seems to happen across multiple items but only if there is 100 items in the cart and nothing else. Also if there is more that one shipping carrier. it tends therefore to happen to smaller items that can be delivered by lightweight carrier as well as our heavier shipping carriers.

Edited by jimmyc (see edit history)

Problem is that there's most probably a tiny gap in your range. Your end and start values must be adjusted a tiny little bit. See below:

Make sure there's no gap between your steps:

step 1 END value must be the SAME as step 2 BEGIN value, as (but only if you have eagle quality eyes, as they put it there in 2 points sized font) you can read, the adding ranges-page says that the END value of each step is EXCLUSIVE.

This means, make sure your steps are as follows (example follows, adjust to your own values)

if you want three steps like this:

step 1: 1 up UNTIL 100 (including 100)

step 2: 101 up until 200 (including 200)

step 3 201++

do as follows:

step 1: begin: 1, end 101 (101 is excluded, so it goes up UNTIL 100)

step 2: begin 101, end 201 (starts at 101, ends at 200, as 201 is excluded)

step 3: 201, end 50000 (starts at 201, end value any BIG number)

Choose 'out of range behavior' value to be either 'Disable Carrier', or 'Apply cost of highes defined range', whichever is desired)

Hope this helps,

pascal

• 1 year later...

same issue as dahermit .

carrier is still showing even after grossing the maximum weight limit. now showing up as same shipping price as other carrier (two carrier used on the website) 

For Your Information  It used Out-of-range behaviuor is Carrier Disabled.

you can understand the issue from screenshots (see attached)

any reply can be appreciated.

thanks in advance ! i'll post solution out here if it resolved some other way. have a nice day :)

post-487502-0-62983200-1422039174_thumb.jpg

post-487502-0-70742200-1422039177_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

HI guys

No carrier available for heavy shipments/orders

Aucun transporteur disponible pour l'adresse "My address"

I have multiple shipping modules. For large shipments over 30 kg's the carriers are disabled. I have changed the 30 kg upper limit to 300 kg. I still get the error message no carrier available. Do you know what I can do to ship heavier items.I am using envoimoinscher module and mondial relay. 

I have checked the carriers are available in each product. 

It seems asif there is a setting blocking more than 2 items weighing about 10 kg's How do I fix this?

thanks for any advice

kind regards

Len