Virtual Product Not Being Sent In Email

Good evening all

I have again tested this out and I am still only seeing order confirmation with no links for the download.

Can anyone shed some light on this please as to why the correct email is not being sent out.

As I have mentioned below, I have checked it is a download product so not sure where the problem lies.

Any help appreciated, many thanks

Good afternoon

I am busy setting up and testing my store.

Using PrestaShop™ 1.5.3.1

I have one download product, the rest are physical products I would post out.

Having problems with the virtual download in that it is not being sent as a link in an email to buyer. I have set the product up for Product Information as virtual product and under the left hand tab Virtual Product have added the product pdf file and ensured I have selected yes for 'Does this product have an associated file?' etc

When I test and purchase this product I receive the order confirmation as normal which tells me what I have purchased ( the usual email which gets sent out order_conf ). There is no link in this email for the virtual download.

I have read through the forum and I understand the email which should be sent is the download_product email.

Can someone please offer advice as to why the correct email is not being sent out and how I fix it.

Many thanks in advance.

kind regards

Chel

Edited by agelessamber (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening all

I have again tested this out and I am still only seeing order confirmation with no links for the download.

Can anyone shed some light on this please as to why the correct email is not being sent out.

As I have mentioned below, I have checked it is a download product so not sure where the problem lies.

Any help appreciated, many thanks

Good afternoon

I am busy setting up and testing my store.

Using PrestaShop™ 1.5.3.1

I have one download product, the rest are physical products I would post out.

Having problems with the virtual download in that it is not being sent as a link in an email to buyer. I have set the product up for Product Information as virtual product and under the left hand tab Virtual Product have added the product pdf file and ensured I have selected yes for 'Does this product have an associated file?' etc

When I test and purchase this product I receive the order confirmation as normal which tells me what I have purchased ( the usual email which gets sent out order_conf ). There is no link in this email for the virtual download.

I have read through the forum and I understand the email which should be sent is the download_product email.

Can someone please offer advice as to why the correct email is not being sent out and how I fix it.

Many thanks in advance.

kind regards

Chel

Hey man...

You can chose your template for all statuses here. I dont know how it works if you have both downloadable products and regular products in the order. How will it send both mails? Although.. do you have a problem when only having downloadable products in cart that it still want a delivery address?? I dont know how to fix it. Using 1.5.3.1

Orders separator_breadcrumb.png Statuses d

Hello community,

I have exactly the same problem as agelessamber :

After purshasinf one of my virtual products (pdf), I only get an email jst like the one for common products, without any link to download the purshased pdf.

Thank you for your help,

Have a nice day !

Sylvain

You have to set the order to "Payment accepted".. check that first and see what happens. I know I had the same problem but fixed it very easy.. cant remember exactly how though :)

Hello Nony,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like actually, that I don t need to set the order to "payment accepted" everytime my customers have bought a PDF virtual product. Is there anyway to make it automatically (right after the payment in paypal for example) ?

I can remember that this feature was OK in the previous PS versions < PS15, was it ?

I hope that somebody can hep me to change the php files so that this feature work...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This is a bug. I just post it here.

Only when product stock is set to negative value (example: -5) the e-mail is sent.

Have a nice day.

-----------------

UPDATE:

it is working right now!

Just overwriting "OrderHistory.php": https://github.com/P...5614af0bef6c30c

"Virtual product(s) available for download" e-mails are working now with and without the Stock Management option activated.

Works with PayPal

Works with Credit Card

Feel free to text me with any questions: Diseño de Tiendas Online

Edited by envista cultura visual (see edit history)