[Prestashop Forum] Massive increase in spam

doubleD

Question

15 answers to this question

Hello all, please continue to make the reports.

We are working on a way to beat these spammers.

This is not due to lack of effort, it is an ongoing battle. We need to find new ways to block and ban.

One user made a comment of filtering out the word "handbag" because there are many designer handbag spam posts. However, what if one of PrestaShop's loyal users actually sell handbags. The second they post a post with the word "handbag" their IP will be banned and they are left confused and abandoned.

It would require about 5 minutes of recoding for the bots to work. I think there should be the usual captcha for the first 10 or so messages someone posts.

maybe "slider captcha" will be solution for bots?

by slider captcha i mean something like:

captcha.jpg

bots are stupid and they cant slide it if this feature will be created with js

@Mod

Tighten your registration policy. Introduce some captcha thing and add restriction for new members like no link untill post count is 20 or 10. Do not allow multiple accounts from one IP.

This can be problematic because a lot of new users have problems with the shop - then it is necessary to enter the url to the store, paste images, etc.

nope, sorry for my english :)

I mean that many newbies come here and looking for help, and right after registration on forum they create a new topic, where they ask about own issues like CSS problem... They also ask about shop configuration, installation etc. In many cases they must provide an url to own shop, without url it's hard to help. So, if we block ability to add links for new users - how we can help them without an url? :)

hope now it's all clear :)

Good Morning,

As, I assume, most spam is conceived by robots and they are presumably very fast at what they do, then would it not be possible to have a time limit set for registration and posting a topic.

For example, if you registered in under 5 seconds you must be a robot so the system blocks you, if it takes longer you are human and can register.

I have to say that I know little to nothing about spamming, it's just a thought.

Paul