Position on Google Dropped Dramatically

todaytonight

My shop's position for key word 'sexy lingerie' on google.com.au is around 39 for a little while. Yesterday, it jumped up to 29 and I was so happy. However, this morning I checked it again, its position is 100+ (I can't find it on google myself so I used a software to detect it), dropped dramatically. Other key words are ok.

I haven't change the site recently. I am wondering what could cause my shop's position dropped so fast? My shop url is: http://www.lovestation.com.au

Could any one kindly help me? Thank you so much!

Edited by todaytonight (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Sometimes google updates there database so the variation occured. check your keywords rank after two or three days if you get back in the same position then there is no issue. if you are not able to see your results on the same position than you have to need think about.

Sometimes google updates there database so the variation occured. check your keywords rank after two or three days if you get back in the same position then there is no issue. if you are not able to see your results on the same position than you have to need think about.

Thanks sunilmkt! But could you give little bit more information what should I think about? I haven't change the site for very long time...

Well, if all of you competitors are working on SEO and you are not, it is only logical that you would drop back in the rankings. your site does not utilize rich snippets, has no meta description, missing alt and title attributes on images and links, no open graph tags, and it is lacking a social media presence. You have to work on SEO or you will lose it.

I'm no expert in SEO, but on my older sites I noticed that updating some text and images at least once a month made a difference.

The more text content on a certain subject the better, FAQ, Help pages, Blog updates, monthly specials or just a featured product that changes every couple weeks. New pictures etc. My rank has really dropped lately since the site content is low with the fresh 1.5.3.1 install. I was #3 in my main category last month, now I'm down too 24 or so. It varies constantly.

Edited by Sages Outdoors (see edit history)

If you want to get real snarky, go to fiverr.com and order about $50 worth of backlink services for your competition. That usually sand bags them pretty good. You can target pages with it too. Most people don't know how to disavow links..

Google in general tests various positions in sites in order to measure many factors such as, bounce rate, time on site, etc. Then it re-evaluates sites in order to give them more accurate position in rankings. Add also all the latest updates (panda update) that google is running. And think that this is happening for every site in a search result.....

Don't go on fiverr.com, make a blog, write blog post about new products, trends and tips. You will get more customers coming to your blog to. Do guest blogging, connect with friends sites, exchange links!

Do registration, go on discussion boards and make conversation about sexy lingerie. There is so many opportunities!

No, but I have some competitors that you can for. You use services like fiverr and submit their urls that are ranking higher than yours, then when google updates it will knock them out of the listing.

Don't worry about this links. There is Disallow Tool, you can remove all bad links.

Hitmaster, go up and read my whole post. I mentioned that a lot of people don't know how to use it. Also, it is easier for a bot to add a link than for someone to disallow a link. Its not good practice, but it does work.

Thank you! Sorry for asking but I don't know much about SEO. What is bad links? Why some links are bad? I thought any links will be positive to my site. Thanks

You are welcome with your questions and happy to answer.

If you have time, go and read this: A How to Guide on Identifying Bad Links and Pruning Them Using Google’s Disavow Tool at

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/how-to-guide-on-identifying-bad-links-and-pruning-them-using-googles-disavow-tool-by-navneet-kaushal/51372/

Hitmaster, go up and read my whole post. I mentioned that a lot of people don't know how to use it. Also, it is easier for a bot to add a link than for someone to disallow a link. Its not good practice, but it does work.

Dh42, I always start from this tool. When you starting internet marketing campaign, at the start you need to think about ending with best result. I had 100 clients and most off them comes with spam backlinks profile. Do you know how much time you need to invest and clean it up. Find this links, contact with blog webmaster with asking then to delete backlink. After Google updates in 2011 and 2012, you need think about quality. I mist your post before, yes and there is true.