Tools tab missing in Prestashop 1.5.3.1

Changing that setting was correct, Prestashop added a self check to see if rewriting is possible, but it does not work in all servers, and when it doesn't, you have to manually edit the file you did.

Prestashop 1.5 is supposed to generate htaccess file automatically, when you save the settings on the SEO & URL page (

Preferences separator_breadcrumb.png SEO & URLs)

It's a shame, as it was really convenient to be able to add your own custom code to the htaccess file.

It looks like that's gone now, and the htaccess file gets generated again and overrides everything that's there.

I'm not sure what the logic behind it was, but then again, I fail to understand the logic in quite a few things Prestashop has been doing :(

It's a shame, as it was really convenient to be able to add your own custom code to the htaccess file.

It looks like that's gone now, and the htaccess file gets generated again and overrides everything that's there.

I'm not sure what the logic behind it was, but then again, I fail to understand the logic in quite a few things Prestashop has been doing :(

When testing I found that custom .htaccess changes made in the appropriate place are not overriden when PS internally regenerates the htaccess, see this topic:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/2131[spam-filter]tip-15-and-custom-htaccess/

for those that do not want to modify and then FTP the .htaccess I created a module for this, very similar to 1.4 but with the addition to add at the top or bottom of the .htaccess, see here:

http://www.etiendas....e-htaccess.html

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)

I have the same error message about mod_rewrite as the OP, where exactly do I have to make the change as mentioned?

I'm over looking at posts where the majority of help relates to 'paid' solution add-ons. All the other carts I've looked at aren't so reliant on having to pay to get simple things working..

Edited by nadiap (see edit history)

I just installed Prestashop 1.5.3.1 on OVH.co.uk and I am having problems with Red messages on the Dashboard. I don't understand since all the requirements and "modules" required on OVH were in the green and detected as being good during the prestashop installation process.

The first red error was about URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) and friendly URL.

After searching all over the web, I managed to "fix" it by changing the following:

public static function modRewriteActive()

{

if (Tools::apacheModExists('mod_rewrite'))

return true;

if ((isset($_SERVER['HTTP_MOD_REWRITE']) && strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_MOD_REWRITE']) == 'on') || strtolower(getenv('HTTP_MOD_REWRITE')) == 'on')

return true;

return false;

}

I changed the false value to true.

No more "

URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server or it is not possible to check your server configuration. If you want to use Friendly URLs you must activate this mod."

message!

Did I do something wrong or was I right to do this?

I installed the latest version of Prestashop, so it's a little disappointing that things are not working straight out of the box, especially since that URL rewriting issue is mentioned as a bug that was supposedly fixed in version 1.5!

Now after doing all that research, I realised my .htaccess file was blank, empty. Prestashop did not create rules automatically for the "# URL rewriting rules".

Now Again, searching on the web, I found many tutorial pointing to the htaccess generator in the tools tab of Prestashop.

The problem is, I don't have a tools tab!!

Can someone please help, because I have barely started and it is already so hard to make it right and stable and "clean"...

Thanks

hi! where do i find that code to modify?

Thanks