Installing Prestashop on Hostgator

I m trying to install Prestashop on hostgator, when I go to the /install/index.php the installation does not start. Instead It shows the content of the file index.php

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

For a beginner store, with not that much products, hostgator works well.

But, we have a resellers account. About 2000 products, and hostgator has blocked our access more than once. And we are a reseller, that usually means less visits, and far less register customers (about 400).

We are moving to a dedicated server, not with hostgator (too expensive).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm with hostgator too (and i have the little plan). I have been reading here and it seem pretty easy to install prestashop using the hostgator tools (quickinstall or fantastico)... so I wonder if I should hire a professional prestashop developer for that task, or save my money and hire the same developer for other tasks with the same money ??

Will the automatic/generic installation be as good as a professional?

Do you recommend me to use the same automatic/generic installation to install wordpress ?

Thanks a lot. D.

To come back to the original problem, can it be that your permissions are not correct (read only, no executable permissions?)

(Google CHMOD for info on changing those permissions)

Furthermore agree that the cPanel option is the way to do it :-)

My 2 cents...

ezb: A clean Installation should not give any problems. If any problems, you should be able to ask hostgator helpdesk to help here, as it is their script to install this. There are not too many choices to make, mostly domain name etc.

Just give it a try. Worst case, you have to delete it and start all over. Best case, You know your installation procedure/shop structure/ins and outs better :-)

Wordpress: same story :) Just be brave and give it a try

Edited by PascalVG (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hello JohnP7,

Welcome to the forum. See that you try to install on Hostgator? Should normally give no problem, as they use their own scripts. If any problem arises, first try to contact them and explain the problem. If you still bump into things, just open a new post in the "Installing Prestashop" sub forum.

Success with your shop!

Pascal

• 6 months later...

stationeryworld.com is hosted at hostgator.com

today they blocked the site and the content of the email is below, please help

I apologize, but I was forced to suspend the script /home/sworld/public_html/

stationeryworld/ as it was causing a high load on the server, and due to it affecting all of the other accounts on the system, I was forced to take immediate action for the health of the server.

Unfortunately I do not have any specific recommendations for this script, however, in general, adding some sort of caching mechanism, where the script does not need to generate a new page with every request, helps to lower the over load that a script will cause. Likely the original author or support group of the software that you are using will be able to help you to understand how to add something of this nature.

If you reply back to this with your IP address (http://www.hostgator.com/ip.shtml) we will be more than happy to go ahead enable HTTP access for you, so that you can safely work on the script without it causing further issues. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
Running Processes:
=============== Pass 1 ===============
sworld 28678 49.7 0.1 433188 56636 ? DN 07:00 0:22 /usr/bin/php /home1/sworld/public_html/stationeryworld/index.php
=============== Pass 2 ===============
sworld 28678 49.3 0.1 433188 56636 ? DN 07:00 0:22 /usr/bin/php /home1/sworld/public_html/stationeryworld/index.php
=============== Pass 3 ===============
sworld 28678 49.9 0.1 434468 57688 ? RN 07:00 0:23 /usr/bin/php /home1/sworld/public_html/stationeryworld/index.php

Running Queries:
*************************** 1. row ***************************
USER: sworld_suresh
DB: sworld_stationeryworld
STATE:
TIME: 1
COMMAND: Sleep
INFO: NULL
*************************** 1. row ***************************
USER: sworld_suresh
DB: sworld_stationeryworld
STATE:
TIME: 1
COMMAND: Sleep
INFO: NULL

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Installing prestashop on host gator is very easy task. I have Prestashop version 1.5 and 1.6 running on hostgator since last 6 months on shared hosting.

Upload all files in specific folder ,run installation script and give permission to required folders,create database and give permission to database tables.

PrestaShop Tutorials Videos [How to do Tasks]

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated (see edit history)