Unable to create many attribute combinations

Hello

I am faced with a serious problem that occurred in version 1.4.2 and now stands at version 1.5 ...

When there are many attributes for a product, it becomes impossible to generate all combinations since Prestashop simply crashes.

I did not want to leave the Prestashop store, but in this particular case, i can not create all combinations of attributes, it makes no sense to sell only a few products

CASE STUDY: shop selling contact lenses.

ATTRIBUTES ASSOCIATED WITH A PRODUCT:

EYE:

left

right

both

DIAMETER:

10:30

9:30

RADIUS OF CURVATURE:

7:20

SPHERICAL POWER:

+25.00

+24.75

+24.50

about 130

attributes...

If you try to generate all possible combinations for this contact lens, Prestashop simply crashes...

I don't want to have to tell my client that the excellent work done untill now ...was in vain.

If anyone has any experience on how to solve this problem, I appreciate the help.

Thank you.

There is no way to create so many combinations with the default attribute system in Prestashop.

Creating more than 1,000-3,000 combinations results in out of memory errors.

We created the following module http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47363-module-attribute-wizard-pro-create-an-unlimited-number-of-attributes-and-display-as-radio-button-checkbox-dropdown-textbox-teaxtarea-files/ specifically for this reason, and there are a few similar sites that use it.

It changes the way combinations are handled, requires you to use far less, and has many other great functions.

You can see a front + back end demo for it.

• Like 1

Hello nfaustino

I would suggest you look into the attribute modules at presto changeo. that may be the answer to help you with many attributes. at least check it out and message the site if you've questions about the limits with the module.

go to: presto-changeo dot com and his name is tomer. :P tomer you beat me to his help lol I was typing same time as u.. guess that helps you best nfaustino :)

Good luck

Clayton

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

150USD who were not in the budget ...

I am sure that this module is well worth this price ... but it is a great disappointment to spend money on a Prestashop theme, setting up the entire store with products and in the end come to the conclusion that the store does not work correctly because Prestashop can not handle the amount of attributes of a couple of products.

I'm really disappointed ...

I am sure that Prestashop programmers could do something for this bug/limitation already known for quite some time.

I love Prestashop but if i had knowledge of this problem before, i would never have chosen this open source shopping cart platform for this particular project.

Now it's a matter that I will discuss with my client...

Thank you.

PS

Tomerg3:

If I will buy this module and have difficulty installing, can i appeal to your assistance?

Edited by nfaustino (see edit history)

Hey nfaustino

If you send a message on his site he will more than likely reply a lot faster and since you've placed in here also send him a message on his site. I am sure he will be more than helpful if you purchase his module. He offers 100% A + customer service all around here on the forums as well.

I understand your aggravation as I felt the same way about a few things but you can't let it upset you especially after making so much progress. It's with any software that you will hit bumps and your client should understand that also that there's certain things that happen and always try to deal with them best way you can. I know from exp. I am the owner of my company and I have had several bumps but like i said it's software and things happen. But I am very very happy that I went this direction only cause software is easy to use and everyone here in the forums are a huge help in many ways.

I hope that you get your issues resolved my friend and good luck with your shop.

Clayton

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem, a similar setup with many attributes. It worked fine in 1.4, however after the upgrade to 1.5 the product simply does not show.

What a let down.

Does anyone know another solution to get my 1.4 site to work in 1.5 with

multiple combinations

eg 5 choices (eg size)

plus 4 choices (material)

pluse 100 chioces (pattern)

none of the choices change the price or the weight or anything so

just a note in the sale that it is blue or green etc should not be as taxing on the db??? Correct?

however now it seems prestashop does not allow as many of these choices as it did in version 1.4

1.5 reduces the product combinations choices.

Edited by jimmyc (see edit history)

This is related to memory limits, rather than a Prestashop restriction.

In PS 1.5 there is more data related to attributes, and it also uses more RAM in general.

You can try to increase the RAM on your server...

do you mean the phpini ram setting or the servers physical ram

Thanks.

That module looks great also. I have a store that could use that.

max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

do i change these

Memory limit to 256.

Thanks.

wow setting....

max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

memory_limit = 512M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

and still no luck

Warning: Function addCSS() is deprecated in /home/"user"/public_html/modules/minicslider/minicslider.php on line 424

in /home/"user"/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1777

Warning: Function addJS() is deprecated in /home/"user"/public_html/modules/minicslider/minicslider.php on line 425

in /home/"user"/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1777

Is the error on page....

the phpinfo.php doesn't seem to show any info <?php phpinfo(); ?>

Edited by jimmyc (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

This is still a very big issue with all my future clients - we need a solution for this prestashop.

I got the module from "prestochangeo", but this is not the very best solution. This should be build in by now.

Please prestashop make this big update, or else I cant recommend this shop system any more because at the end my clients are not happy with the solutions I gave them.