Module Needed: Link to Product Page (Manufacturer) Does it exist?

Hi

I would like to add an Module that allowed me to have an option in each product that links to the Product Page in the Manufacturer Webpage

I was unable to find it, maybe i am not looking with the right keywords, does anyone know anything like this?

Thanks

can't you just put the link in the description? If not, can you better explain what you would expect on your product page?

I can, but it's a bit messy. I do not like it

If your manufacturer has structured webpages, e.g. www.manu.com/P01, www.manu.com/P02 etc you can code it to be automatic. Is that what you want?

/Mats

No, that's not an issue.

What i would link is something in the place where is the red square. In the same "line of though" than the 3 options above (Facebook, E--mail to Friend or Print). just another option saying "Brand Website" or something like this.

fabri.png

I would put the link in the back office and each product would have it's link

so to summarize the type of changes you would require. Depending on your version of Prestashop, you might not be able to do this on in a standard module. It will require the customization/override of core Prestashop files.

1. You need to edit the back office admin product page, to create a new "Supplier URL" field. This would then be saved to the product database table.
  2. You would need to override the Product object to make this new URL field available
  3. You would then create a new module that would hook one of the Product Page hooks, that would then inject the new Supplier URL. I'm pretty sure those 3 links are being hooked by a theme module, however it may just be hard coded into the themes product.tpl. If that is the case, then instead of a module, you would need to override the ProductController and product.tpl as implied by Mohsart above

so to summarize the type of changes you would require. Depending on your version of Prestashop, you might not be able to do this on in a standard module. It will require the customization/override of core Prestashop files.

1. You need to edit the back office admin product page, to create a new "Supplier URL" field. This would then be saved to the product database table.
  2. You would need to override the Product object to make this new URL field available
  3. You would then create a new module that would hook one of the Product Page hooks, that would then inject the new Supplier URL. I'm pretty sure those 3 links are being hooked by a theme module, however it may just be hard coded into the themes product.tpl. If that is the case, then instead of a module, you would need to override the ProductController and product.tpl as implied by Mohsart above

Hi

For the little that i understand of this, it seams pretty right. But i am not any good at this and i would not risk to make some mistake and mess my store.

THat is why i asked if there was any module able to do this.

Thanks

i say what i know about this module maybe is right or wrong if it's wrong you tell me.

you want module that

1.in each product page exists that link to the Manufactorer

2.you can disable or enable for each product

3.you can set link from back office

4.this is automatically

5.it's standard module

if 5 lines that you need we can create this module

but it's have time if this line you need or you need more options please write here

but you know in web we can create everything automatically

Sorry for the late reply, having somo thought days

Yes, it is that, just few notes:

3. --> It would be great to be a field that prestashop manager recognizes in it's "additional fields"

4. 5. --> I do not understand what you mean with automatically or standard

standard and automatic module that you just install it and in for example another tab you manage this products fields

un standard is that the developer chanage your tpl and php files and mysql that ralated product that build what do you need

in the second way your product adminTab is change

got that?