Multiple or Single MP3/WAV Selling Module?

Scotty501

Hello All,

I am looking for a module that can list MP3's and WAV files under a single product, that allows customers to either buy a single track or the full album in either MP3 or WAV.

It would need to demo each track just in mp3 format.

Any got anything like that or could make one easy enough please? I have seen some people have done this like here---->

http://www.beatport.com/release/electrospective-house-innovators-ep/982045

Does anyone know of this module? Works well I think - but I need to offer WAV and MP3.

http://www.audiojelly.com/releases/isla-margarita-naida/262294 - this looks perfect.

Any help - greatly appreciated.

Please check the demo page

http://mp3preview15.megventure.com/index.php

There you'll see that you can sell single or multiple (album) wav/mp3 file and also provide mp3 preview in the product page. You can also check the backoffice and try the module.

Demo information presented in the product page.

Edited by MEG Venture (see edit history)

Sorry - still dont see it how this does what I need - it is just an mp3 preview module - there are lots of those already.

I can add a whole album - Yes . I can add a whole mp3 - Yes.

I still don't see if I had 10 MP3 listed under a product, how I could add say tracks 1, 3 and 7 to the cart from that album

No option for WAV either.

Have you checked the links I posted????

Edited by Scotty501 (see edit history)

Ok, i understand you now.

But unfortunately, that's a limitation of Prestashop. You can't let the customer choose particular tracks from an album.

To do that, you need to make combinations, but for the virtual products, you can't add combination.

The module of mine previews mp3 files, but you can sell every other file type that you want including zip and wav.

Sorry... I can't check the links you provide as I am connected through a mobile app now.

• 6 months later...

Hi, maby it is too late for your use case, but some one can use this module in feature project: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/7450-music-shop.html

It adds whole album to shop, and allows customers to buy one track or whole album. Whole feature list and demo can be found here: http://www.prestamusicshop.com

We don't support many file formats for one album, but it is on out TODO list.

Regards

Module was created last year for one of our customer. We decided to publish it on Addons two months ago, and after some time of validation here we are :-D

It is coded to support many file types, but track previews should be in MP3 or AAC if you want to use flash or HTML5 player on site. Other types like FLAC or OGG are not so well supported in browsers, and WAV is quite big for 30s preview.

If you want to buy track in many formats from one product view it is still on our TODO, but if there is need for something like that we can provide such feature.

• 2 months later...

Yes, as Vekia posted earlier it is not free module. And at the moment it allows you to sell files only in one format, so if You want to sell CD in MP3 and WAVE you have to create two albums.

But this feature is on our TODO list, and we will try to address it later this year.

More recent news is that latest version will support HTML5 audio playback with fallback to Flash and Silverstripe player if your browser does not support HTML5 or your audio format. So I think its even more value for the same price. New version will be available after Addons Team will aprove it so probably in two weeks.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice module, does it allow selling single track?

Hello there, for each product that you have in your store, you upload an mp3 preview from your backoffice( you will have a new tab in your products information where you can do this), so the answer is yes.

You can also link a mp3 preview from another product in your store that has an mp3 preview, but again you will have to upload that mp3 preview from that product, but the price will be shown from the linked product.

Hope I was clear enough.

This module looks good.  What if I wanted to preview tracks ( I sell vinyl) but not let visitors add the tracks to the cart?  I want to demo each track on the vinyl?  I also use older Prestashop - version 1.462 - will this work and allow previews on Iphones and other smart phones?

This module looks good.  What if I wanted to preview tracks ( I sell vinyl) but not let visitors add the tracks to the cart?  I want to demo each track on the vinyl?  I also use older Prestashop - version 1.462 - will this work and allow previews on Iphones and other smart phones?

Hi there, 

The module was not tested on that version, we will look into it and let you know if it works, I guess sometime this week.

Yes, of course you can add numerous tracks for one vinyl(the vinyl must be a product in your store, the module does not create automatically a vinyl or a product with a song, please do not confuse it with anything else). You add from your backoffice, for Vinyl Pavarotti(for example), songs from pavarotti, as many as you want.

The buttons for ADD TO CART can be removed, but they add to cart the VINYL, not the mp3 preview of the song. Is this clear enough? 

Let me give you another example:

1.You add your Vinyl into your store.

2.You add from your backoffice as many mp3 previews for that particular VINYL as you want.

3.In your store, you will see the mp3 previews(the tracks from that VINYL) and add to cart buttons for each mp3 previews which is in fact the buy button for you VINYL and it also adds the price from that VINYL near your mp3 preview.

You can check the video and the live sample, 2 messages above.

Edited by patri_rapty (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I understand - I use a similar module but it is flash so does not play the MP3/WAV on iphones, yours looks like the answer for sure.  I would keen to see how you test of my version goes, and then I would buy it. :rolleyes:

Hello Twinkles,

We've tested out the module on your version, sadly it is not working and would need some modifications.

What we can do is to give your old module and we'll pimp it out(update to a new player that supports both flash and html5).

Send us a message if you would like that.

Best Regards.