Multishop Stock Quantity Problems

I am seriously trying to get my head around this multishop and stock quantities.

We have 3 sites, which are under different names and domains, all under 1 group as we wish to share the customers and the quantities.

We have "Share available quantities to sell" ON

Stock Management under "Preferences > Products" is ON

We have a products that are sold across all 3 websites, which are under different names and domains, We have one physical store where all the stock is and we share the products across the 3 shops.

The products show up, according to the shops Front Office that we are on, so thats fine.

Its adjusting the quantities, we have say 25 of product A which is sold across the 3 shops (same item).

We do not want to manually change the stock across the 3 sites, we wish to share the 25 across the 3 shops.

However prestashop gives us this notification:

It is not possible to manage quantities when:

• You are managing all shops.
  • You are managing a group of shops where quantities are not shared between all shops of this group.
  • You are managing a shop which is in a group where quantities are shared between all shops of this group.

This just seems like its contradicting itself. (its saying we are and we are not?) It says this same error when Selecting " All Shops " or each individual.

What's going on? We have no wish to use the advanced stock management and warehouse as its no use for us, we simply wish to use multishop for 3 different shops from one backend sharing the quantities of products..

Thanks in advance!

Simon

Edited by SimonW (see edit history)

Hi,

may be you try to change your stock in backoffice in "global multishop mode".

Try to choose one shop and change the quantiy.

Regards

We have selected "All Shops" and each "Individual" shop with the same error

• You are managing all shops.
  • You are managing a group of shops where quantities are not shared between all shops of this group.
  • You are managing a shop which is in a group where quantities are shared between all shops of this group.

• Like 1

I have now sussed out the problem!!

If you want to share the stock you have across multiple shops in a GROUP without Advanced Stock Management, follow the below.

Catalog > Products

"Multistore Configuration for" (All Shops, Group;Default, Shop A , Shop B Etc)

You must select the actual Group! I have noticed that however you can only select the "Group Name" from the dropdown when you are actually editing the product.

• Like 2

I am having a nightmare with multi shop and advance stock management.

There seems little help or information to help get this right. I have spent days on it and am no further.

This seems to be a bug as when I test an order. The stock quantities do not reduce. If I go to the Instant stock it will show real stock reduce when I click payment received but not change usable quantity or physical quantities.

If I click shipped in the order menu the reduced real quantities column goes back to the initial stock level. si why is the stock not reducing when an order is placed???????

I still also can not develop a second shop with a url i can access which has the new theme.

I am not sure on how the advanced stock management works to be honest, it looked far to complicated for what I needed to do so i steered clear!

However on the second shop, It turns out, as I have my prestashop install temporarly placed in a sub folder, I needed to add the sub folder to the domain of the 2nd shop. eg. like below.

Domain: www.domainb.com

Domain SSL: www.domainb.com

Physical URI:/subfolder/

Physical folder of your store on your server. Leave this field empty if your store is installed on the root path (e.g. if your store is available at www.my-prestashop.com/my-store/, you would set my-store/ in this field).

Virtual URI: *EMPTY*

You need to activate the URL Rewriting if you want to add a virtual URI.

Your final URL will be:www.domainb.com/subfolder/

This will make your second shop accessible using www.domainb.com

hope this helps

Edited by SimonW (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Simon,

I have the same problem and noticed that I could only select the shop group once I was in the edit product screen as per your following statement:

"You must select the actual Group! I have noticed that however you can only select the "Group Name" from the dropdown when you are actually editing the product."

However when I select a shop group when editing the product I am presented with a blank page.

Is anyone else having this problem??

I'm also getting frustrated trying to get product ordering working across multi stores.

These are my current settings. If anyone can indicate what I'm doing wrong or missing would be good:

• Advanced Parameters > Multistore > Group A > Share Available Quantities To Sell = On
  • I have 5 units in stock for each warehouse, with no minimum availability needed to place an order

I then go to see my products listed on the front end, and it says "Availability: This product is no longer in stock". If I transfer or add some stock to my warehouses, then the Add to cart button becomes active, but if I add the product I get an error saying "There is not enough product in stock" (see image)

skitch.png?resizeSmall&width=832

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Spent ages on this, and felt obliged to register and post my experience just to save the frustration that others are clearly showing with the Advanced Stock Management features.

The most important thing I learned is that eveything needs to be at the Group store level. Top Level -> Group -> Individual Stores. Select the correct "Multistore configuration for: Group XXXX"

1) Advanced Parameters\Multi-store, Under the Group: level, you can select "Share available quantities to sell" to Yes.

2) Preferences\Products, set Stock Management and the Advanced Stock Management to Yes (check at all levels)

3) Under Calalog\Products, set the Qualtities tab. You must be at the "Group: XXXX" level in your store selection

If you get this message below, then you are not at the Group: store level. Select the correct "Multistore configuration for: Group XXXX"

• You are currently managing all of your shops.
  • You are currently managing a group of shops where quantities are not shared between every shop in this group.
  • You are currently managing a shop that is in a group where quantities are shared between every shop in this group.

Its quite easy once you get it, but it took ages for the penny to drop.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the same problem but my multi-store option is disabled. I am not running a multistore and advance stock management is also disabled.

But still I can't manage quantities and see the following message:

• You are currently managing all of your shops.
  • You are currently managing a group of shops where quantities are not shared between every shop in this group.
  • You are currently managing a shop that is in a group where quantities are shared between every shop in this group.

I am on prestashop 1.6

www.prodige.eu

• 8 months later...