Installation (local xampp) error: Recursive write permissions

Good evening!

I'm trying to install Prestashop locally on my computer using Xampp on Mac (I've tried Mamp which wasn't working), I don't think I'm very far but I keep having a problem with the Prestashop wizard installer, see below, In bold are the issues to fix.

I should mention that I have already managed to fix some of them by changing the permission (get info, read&write etc), I have done it for all the errors, some have been fixed, some not. I would really appreciate if someone could suggest a way to fix this (I'm very new to this so any detailed explanation would be greatly appreciated).

Thank you so much in advance!

Mezza

• Recursive write permissions on files and folders:
  • ~/config/
  • ~/cache/
  • ~/log/
  • ~/img/
  • ~/mails/
  • ~/modules/
  • ~/themes/default/lang/
  • ~/themes/default/pdf/lang/
  • ~/themes/default/cache/
  • ~/translations/
  • ~/upload/
  • ~/download/
  • ~/sitemap.xml

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used Batchmod, a program which is going to change the permission for you. Also make sure you know which permissions should be used on each files or folder, you can find a list somewhere but I can't remember where (you'll find it easily).

Good luck!

• 10 months later...

Ran into the same problem installing Prestashop 1.5 using xampp on windows 7. I discovered that the listed files and folders were missing in the copy of prestashop folder i copied to the htdoc. What i did was to delete the prestashop folder from the htdoc foldr (inside the xampp folder), recopied the unzipped folder into htdoc.

I then went back and refreshed the installation page. the problem was solved.