Prestashop Mobile Questions. Go Free Module? Integrated 1.5 Theme? Paid Subscription?

I´m writing because in my opinion there is many confusion and a huge lack of information on the last movements of the Prestashop Team into the "Mobile Themes" subject. Between PS 1.4 and P1.5 we have seen born 3 differents options to add mobile support to our online stores.

But.... What are differences ? Are fully reliable for production use?

• Official "Integrated Mobile Template" Prestashop 1.5.1 (INTO THEMES FOLDER)
    • It seems similar to the above option, but it´s not installed as a Module, so you can´t configure anything (except by code)
    • Its a folder into each theme named "mobile"
    • You don´t have a backend, and can´t make any traslations under "Translations" because this "mobile theme" is not there.
    • Don´t this theme have a configurator? Is this a step backward after the module of the version 1.4?
    • mobile.jpg

It would be perfect that someone with knowledge on this, or preferably a member of the Prestashop team, will explain this closely or write a post on the topic, because I am sure we are thousands the interested parties.

• Like 2

Hi freshcommerce,

Totally, dude!

Can you tell us how to install mobile theme 1.4. I can't get it to work. THE easiest way I think is thru ftp. But where do I put it?

It would be nice if someone from PS would take an effort to explain how to install when you bring something new.

Cheers

Hello FreshCommerce, mandrin, and MarcoVan and thank you for your posts. I will do my best to answer your questions and highlight the differences.

The 1.4 Mobile Theme is a module. It was not included native in 1.4. It does have specific configurations that can be seen in the back office modules tab. If you are having a problem with the installation, please post it on the Forums and we can our best to help. Also, if it is a suspected bug, please post it at our forge bug tracker. http://forge.prestashop.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

The 1.5.1 Mobile Theme does come native to the download. You can do have setting options in Preferences/ Theme. We are working hard to add more customization options but at this time we are focused more towards other 1.5 options. We would certainly appreciate any and all helpful feedback so we can make this module better.

The Mobile App is a paid and supported service in which your customers can download an "App" from a smartphone. You customers can then view your App and shop with ease on their smartphone. This is a new release and there is a high demand for this already.

Please do not hesitate to let me know any other questions and I will do my best to investigate and return with the best resolution. Thank you all for choosing PrestaShop!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thank you all for your answers. So if I understood correctly, in Prestashop 1.5.1 the only "backend control" or customization of mobile theme is the selector of the image below.

presta.jpg

The question is: How can we translate into different languages that mobile theme?? (It doesnt appear on the "translation list")

Edited by FreshCommerce (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The 1.4 Mobile Theme is a module. It was not included native in 1.4. It does have specific configurations that can be seen in the back office modules tab. If you are having a problem with the installation, please post it on the Forums

hi. does that 1.4 mobile theme come with something like a one page checkout, too? instead of having the various steps from login to payment?

• 1 month later...

A word of caution.

With the mobile site option enabled in 1.5.2 , the standard five step checkout process stopped working at a blank page with error :

"Firefox can't find the server at mysite.com.au%2forder%3fstep%3d1%26multi-shipping%3d0."

I was able to change to one page checkout and that worked.

The other issue was a category I had set up with no products in the root of the category itself but with many subcategories.

Anyone browsing the mobile site was unable to see the subcategories and all it showed was "There are no products."

After filing a bug report I gave up and disabled the mobile site option and re-enabled 5 step checkout.

• 4 weeks later...

there are some paid themes available that include all kinds of screen setups like for normal computer screen, iPad/tablet and iPhone/android. Browsing this forum I saw a link to leotheme.com that offer some themes that can work all all kind of screens.

You would expect Prestashop to offer some basic themes or modules for mobile devices as many buyers of webshops use them to shop. I think it is a missed add-on in PS !

I am using 1.4.9.0. and installed the mobile theme. It think it is a good basic theme as for these mobile devises you don't need much artwork as you want ot use the maximum available screen size to show products. I got it working on the back0ffice screen in inside the theme but not perfect yet. I use a third party theme for my normal shop layout and the mobile theme does not work fine on some pages. Perhaps it depend on the devise (i tried it on a android) so I will ask some of my friends to place a test order and get their feedback.

I think apps are in demand but there are just only so many apps a mobile device can store in their RAM so I think a good working mobile device theme/module would make a lot of PS users very happy, if not all !

• 4 weeks later...

there are some paid themes available that include all kinds of screen setups like for normal computer screen, iPad/tablet and iPhone/android. Browsing this forum I saw a link to leotheme.com that offer some themes that can work all all kind of screens.

You would expect Prestashop to offer some basic themes or modules for mobile devices as many buyers of webshops use them to shop. I think it is a missed add-on in PS !

I am using 1.4.9.0. and installed the mobile theme. It think it is a good basic theme as for these mobile devises you don't need much artwork as you want ot use the maximum available screen size to show products. I got it working on the back0ffice screen in inside the theme but not perfect yet. I use a third party theme for my normal shop layout and the mobile theme does not work fine on some pages. Perhaps it depend on the devise (i tried it on a android) so I will ask some of my friends to place a test order and get their feedback.

I think apps are in demand but there are just only so many apps a mobile device can store in their RAM so I think a good working mobile device theme/module would make a lot of PS users very happy, if not all !

I wonder when PS will get an update for their Mobile Template Module.

It currently only supports v1.4 and I'm on 1.5

Edited by dformica (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a module for 1.4, I have translated it into Czech. Unfortunately, the language does not work. Shop is still displayed in English. I translated via backend.

How to force module display text in Czech? Other languages ​​I shop deactivated.

Prestashop 1.4.6.2

See

Edited by Aramon (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm working with Prestashop 1.5.4.0 with the default theme and when i try to see the shop with my iPhone the appearance is very different than the official demo. I attach a screenshot. Furthermore, prestashop web says that this theme is completly customizable. Where i can custom it? Anyone can help me? Thank you in advance.

prestashop.PNG

www.ciclick.net

Edited by ciclick (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello I have big problem in my website. 

I am using prestashop 1.5.6 Default Theme  English Version. Prestashop Full site version is working fine. Problem in Mobile theme. when i am clicking in any subcategory all products are displaying there but after clicking on next page by page numbers (like page no. 2 or 3 or any page) its moving on home page and then nothing happened there. not able to click on any category. 

Could any one please tell me why its moving on home page after clicking on Number 2 or .. while clicking on Next page is working properly .. please help me..

Also you can check error on http://slmobileprice.com/index.php

Thanks, 

Somit