[SOLVED] Is there any success story for 1.4.8.2->1.5.1 upgrade ?

Hi,

I have tried to upgrade from 1.4.8.2 to 1.5.1 using the /install/upgrade/upgrade.php script in a subdirectory on 3 different hostings and localhost.

All tries end up with fail error 34 and a bunch of sql errors.

The autoupgrade module doesn't work either.

If there is anyone who have succeeded on doing this kind of upgrade and solved the above mentioned error, please post some advices.

Kind Regards,

Robert

SOLVED: by moving the files to a test account on the same provider, updating the 1.4 DB schema according to the new PS 1.5 DB schema, then performing the 1-click upgrade. Ultimately upgraded to 1.5.3.1

I had some issues, some of them solved now others still waiting for solutions (contact form and regenerate images not working plus some modules related ones) but shop is online and functional.

Hardest upgrade I experienced since 1.3 era.

Edited by Caprice (see edit history)

I Upgraded from 1.4.7.0 to 1.5.1.0 It all seems to have worked after a few hitch's.

Then i discover the CMS pages are not working. I am not sure what do do with them. I get this message after enabling the debug mode. [Debug] This page has moved

But basically after the upgrade, I turned on error messaging which helped out a bit.

Seemed the Paypal and Dibs module caused most of the problems. updating these to the latest version before or after upgrade maybe worth a try. I just replaced the old files on my server with the new ones and solved most of my problems.

I found this http://www.inmotionh...error-reporting on how to enable error reporting, maybe of some help.

Anyway all I am stuck on is a few things, mainly pages bening moved is the error message I am getting with a few bits.

Here is what fixed my blank pages, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/165-prestashop-15/

Duno if any of this will help.

thanks

Chris

Truth is I didn't enabled the error reporting, I'll try that to see if I can gather more information.

The errors the xml result of upgrade.php shows are sql queries of different tables, not related to the module's.

But, nothing to loose so I'll try again with error reporting on.

Hi,

I could not get 1 click upgrade to work, So i upgraded manually with the use of the upgrade guide.

When I tried to upgrade to 1.5.0.17 I could never get it to upgrade, But with 1.5.1.0 I had more joy using this upgrade guide.

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Manual+update+%28experts+only%29

Not sure if you used this or not, but due to allot of changes in the core some files copied over from the older version may have caused conflicts.

May help may not.

Thanks

Chris

@finlander:

1. I confess I didn't know (my bad) about not needing to change the path in settings.inc but I have not the courage to try a subdirectory upgrade with the root path set, don't want to risk the live site become a mess.

I saw that after trying the upgrade script the above mentioned path is rewritten in settings.inc to /subdirectory/instale/upgrade which seems kind of strange.

2. I am re uploading the db in the test db to try again from the scratch because now when trying to access the subdirectory site gives a 404 error,

Cannot redeclare p() (previously declared in /home/sites/domain.com/public_html/PS151/config/config.inc.php:90) in /home/sites/caprice-shop.ro/public_html/PS151/config/alias.php on line 36

So, no blank page.

3. Just my point too, this seems like an impossible upgrade despite doing that lots of time.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

The issues you are having might be related to an issue (currently canceled) in the PrestaShop forge (ticket system).

I believe you should try this approach as the errors you are having seem to be as they are related with a corrupted database.

Here's the link

Dinis Lage added a comment - 28/Oct/12 1:14 PM

Great news to everyone affected by this issue (I hope)! I believe I have found the answer and the reason behind this issue.

So, after a lot of tests with base installations and failing to identify any plausible reason for all this information to be missing in an upgrade, I suspected it could be an issue caused by some previous upgrade failure that had corrupted the database. To test that, I made a clean install of 1.4.9 version (my current production version) and compared the database structure. What I found was that there were some tables with different indexes.

To solve the issue here's what I did:

• Clean install of the same version as the one you are trying to upgrade (1.4.9 in my case) with the sample data
  • Use phpmyadmin Synchronize feature from the clean database to the store's current database
  • In the page which shows the differences between the databases select ALL the structure changes (the red logo) and then choose "Apply selected changes" (Note: do NOT select the button "Synchronize databases" as that will probably overwrite all your store's data)

At this point your store's database should be all fixed.

After this, un-install the autoupgrade module, download the latest version of the module, choose your options, and then go ahead and upgrade to the great 1.5.2 PrestaShop version.

All product names should be there.

Hope this helps people having these issues.

Good point! I will try that.

On the bright side I have tried the upgrade to 1.5.2.0 in a live test environment totally similar to the live site and the upgrade went OK with the exception of some SQL queries errors and the multiblockatoh module which doesn't work.

The test site seems OK and doesn't seem affected by the SQL errors; it is true that it is in catalogue mode, without cart and authentication.

I will test a bit more to be sure and try to find a module that accepts HTML code and be hooked in ExtraLeft of Product action.

If everything OK I will make the jump.

• 2 weeks later...

The install was through my web host and I couldnt get it to work so I deleted it and installed it myself now its working fine.

One is there wasnt an admin folder

two is that it needed to be set to MyISAM

and I had to change the prefix to pss_ instead of ps_

There was a folder called 'installbak'

and not an 'install' folder

In the download from the webiste it doesnt have the installbak, only the install folder, and that is to be deleted after installing.

Then the admin folders name needs to have a few numbers added to it.

Dont know if that was the answer or not, but it worked for me.

@kassi, not really. You seem to be referring to a new installation whereas we were talking about an upgrade from a previous version.

[OFF-TOPIC]

In case you are interested here are some notes about the "issues" you noticed:

1. There probably was an admin folder, just with another name (prestashop advices and enforces a rename on that folder);
  2. It shouldn't be MyISAM but InnoDB. It is much safer and reliable than the MyISAM option which should only be used in tables without any need for locking and consistency maintenance;
  3. You probably had to choose another prefix because the ps_ was already in use (you already had the previous tables created);
  4. The install folder might: be removed; or renamed, at which point PrestaShop stops complaining about it;

You are also comparing a pre-install version of prestashop (your download) to a post-install local copy (after your "script install").

Hope this explanation helps you understand a bit better the problems you ran into.

Good news (Almost):

I have opened an account to the same provider with a virtual domain and copied the live site there.

Then I have tried to upgrade by autoupgrade module to the 1.5.20.0 version and succeeded, true with a some SQL errors but succeeded nevertheless.

Apparently all is working especially that our site is in catalog mode without authentification, cart or payments modules.

Will test it a little further and then take the plunge for the live site.

@Caprice: did you proceed as I explained in the other post and in the "Ticket report" system? (I'm referring to the table structure synchronization between a clean install and your current install).

If so, I believe there should be no SQL errors. At least I was able to upgrade without any errors using a replica of the live database.

Good luck.

I didn't see this post before, but I tried doing the 1.4.8.2 to 1.5.2 upgrade and when i upgrade the system all looks ok in the auto upgrade log, but onces it was done i try to load any page and I just get a error 500.

I look in the apache log and i see:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Hook::exec() classes/Dispatcher.php on line 346

I tried to do the upgrade from 1.4.8.2 to 1.4.9 and that was ok, other then 1.4.9 status page has major count issues all looked ok, I then tried the 1.5.2 and that is when i get the error 500.

Any Ideas ?

@senolage: I didn't tried the synchronize method because my Romanian hosting is a shared one and they do not provide this option.

Nevertheless I can try it with my German provider where I have a mixed solution.

Will see how it works and report back.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

I have succeeded in upgrading a 1.4.8.2.0 online test site stripped to minimum needed modules, site being in catalog mode without authentication. There were a bunch of SQL errors but until now these did not affect functionality.

I need to replace an obsolete module and will take the plunge :-)