[ Solved ] Paypal not showing up at all on Payment Page?

clayton29657

Hell all I started a topic but didn't realize it was in wrong language section so i am adding a new one.sorry but i need to get this module working

I use 1.4.9 version with Paypal 3.2.4 and backwards compatibility 0.3

all installs went great and setting up Api's went great no errors at all.

I am trying to test it and after creating a dummy account i added products to my cart and went through the process and all went ok till i got to the payments page and it's showing blank so we have an issue.

My settings inside payal are set to english on site and paypal

i have selected in bo in paypal

choose website payment standard

no express checkout shortcut

Live mode

direct sales

Can someone help me with this please. I have other payment modules I will be adding but i knew this one been giving many troubles so I tackle it 1st

Screen shot of payments page added

Cheers

Clayton

post-336607-0-80986200-1349469031_thumb.png

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)

Hello Benjamin,

I just wanted to let you know that I got the paypal module working now. The error was being created by shipping module and it's settings so that is fixed for now and I do appreciate your help.

The good news is now I know where the config error is to turn on and off to check error logs which is great.

Thank you again and I will pm you in a couple days to check up on what we discussed for the forums.

Clayton

thank you elpatron,

I will try this then update this topic of my finding and if that will fix my issues. lol 1st I will let my web host finish moving my site over to a new server. Which they will be doing here shortly.

Just wanted to update waiting on web host to move my server again had some issue with the other I am hoping by tomorrow i can uninstall paypal and reload it. When this is done I can update you guys

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

if it was me and my shop...

I'd uninstall the current module

via phpmyadmin, I'd find every paypal configuration in the table configuration...and delete it...(or rename it)

then re-install the module and configure your api's .

suerte.

Where is phpmyadmin in 1.5? I don't understand the explanation of how toy fix this issue.

Edited by huntleybill (see edit history)

Where is phpmyadmin in 1.5? I don't understand the explanation of how toy fix this issue.

for phpmyadmin see previous from Dan, thanks Dan.

phpmyadmin is a good resource for anyone crurnning a mysql cms's...

BUT FIRST LEARN phpmyadmin to:

1. back up (export you db or a single table yourprefix_tablename)

2. how to restore (import your db or a single table)

always back up before modiying your db

suerte

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)

ok..I found phpmyadmin. I looked in the table to find all the listing that had PayPal in it. I deleted them. I then could no longer access my website. I believe I misunderstood your explanation.

So, since I didn't have a lot invested in the site, I re installed my data base, deleted/re installed prestashop. I started with a fresh copy of everything. I reconfigured PayPal. Set up one product and purchased it. PayPal STILL does not show up in the check out process.

So please, help me figure this out. Please! Thank you

Hi huntleybill, I am not sure what you are doing wrong?

Are you using the latest Prestashop version: 1.5.1.0?

After installing Paypal module, did you enabled it? (It is possible to configure without the module enabled)

Did you configured the setting in PrestaShop under Modules/Payment? (Group restrictions, Country restrictions...)

** Make sure to mark the checkbox(es) for the countries for which you want the payment module to be available under "Country restrictions".

Let me know if you did the above.

Eventually, you will get it...

Cheers

Dan

Edited by papagino (see edit history)

ok..I found phpmyadmin. I looked in the table to find all the listing that had PayPal in it. I deleted them. I then could no longer access my website. I believe I misunderstood your explanation.

So, since I didn't have a lot invested in the site, I re installed my data base, deleted/re installed prestashop. I started with a fresh copy of everything. I reconfigured PayPal. Set up one product and purchased it. PayPal STILL does not show up in the check out process.

So please, help me figure this out. Please! Thank you

Actually this is why i have restore my store to 1.4.9, it supports all modules. Paypal button wil showup on the checkout page but not payment page. But i think Prestashop will resolve. because now am addicted to prestashop

Hello, I'm a bit confused! Is ssekazinga the same as huntleybill?

Anyway, so when you are saying that Paypal button show-up on the checkout page, you must be talking about the Express Checkout shortcut right?

Paypal module is now Version 3.2.5...

Is this a new shop? or this problem happened after doing some modifications or something like that?

OK...I got it to show up in my checkout payment choices. I see the mistake I made. Go into modules>payment. Under "Currency restriction" check the box under the "P". Now, directly under that box, you need to "save restrictions"

What I was doing was putting a check in the correct box under the "P", then scrolling down and placing check marks in all the other places that applied. At the bottom of the page is where I would click "save restrictions" You CAN'T DO THAT, you have to save restrictions under EACH category or it won't take affect.

Now that it shows up, lets see if the module actually works. Hope this helps the rest of you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK...I got it to show up in my checkout payment choices. I see the mistake I made. Go into modules>payment. Under "Currency restriction" check the box under the "P". Now, directly under that box, you need to "save restrictions"

What I was doing was putting a check in the correct box under the "P", then scrolling down and placing check marks in all the other places that applied. At the bottom of the page is where I would click "save restrictions" You CAN'T DO THAT, you have to save restrictions under EACH category or it won't take affect.

Now that it shows up, lets see if the module actually works. Hope this helps the rest of you.

Thank you! This was exactly my problem as well...PayPal now shows up on the payment screen...thanks!

Hello all, this is the screenshot of the BackOffice to enable the PayPal for all currencies.

Hey Benjamin

The check boxes under the P icon it will not allow me to select two options. It's either dollar shop default not both. I still haven't had time to load the updated module so would you recommend i have this done to do this or should it already be allowing me to check both boxes off? There is actually only 1 check box and that's beside the check module and my google and paypal has the round icons. Per your screen shot it's totally different than mine in 1.4.9

I changed the topic back to not solved because I am still with this issue which I originally started the topic....

Thanks

Clayton

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Benjamin

I had the old paypal uninstalled last night and had the new paypal 3.2.5 installed and was still doing the same thing as before. So my web designer told me to uninstall and reinstall the paypal module so when i uninstalled it from the modules page and clicked yes to delete the modules page went blank?

It shows that it's removed from position hooks but now i have a bigger issue, paypal nor any modules i can not get too??

Will you please help sir

We completely removed paypal folder and all the modules page comes back up working ok but if we ad the paypal folder back the error comes back? it's crazy how this is working. Can I just delete the paypal folder all together then re-upload the version on the addons store?

The backwards compatibility module is in the positions section where it should be.

I am using 1.4.9. So now the question is how in the hell do I get paypal to work lol

this module is a complete nightmare. Can anyone please explain what my options are so I can use paypal? Do i have to buy a 3rd party module because prestashop can't get it right.

Please tell me

Ok everyone I wanted to give an update as to my problem has been fixed now after I had to pay someone that prestashop can't make properly.

I want to thank Nemo1 for taking the time out this morning which he is great at what he does to fix my issue really quick and made sure it was fully working properly.

I highly suggest using him as his fee was very affordable as well.

Word of Advice to Prestashop Crew

If you make it and develop it then MAKE SURE you offer support for it. It seems like that's what Prestashop makes 3rd party developers do so do me a favor and take your own advice.

• 4 years later...