SOLVED Prestashop 1.5.1 problem with instalation

My PrestaShop installation stopped at 88% with error Install theme 1. [object] [object], I gave full permission on all the folders and the parent directory, still no luck.

First try of the version 1.5, fail, another unstable version? Advice? Thanks.

I got the same problem as PS User. My installation fails by 88% with error Install theme 1. [object] [object]. After googling I found there is missing module "Themeinstaller" so I downloaded one, unzipped it to module directory, but it still doesn't help. Maybe it is necessary to activate this module? (I am newbie with Prestashop).

We are speaking about fresh installation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Problem when install 1.5.1.0, installer Fresh..

All is ok, but this error message --> At least one table with same prefix was already found, please change your prefix or drop your database

what to do or change.

All you have to do is

Either: Go into your phpMyadmin ... and drop all the tables present

Or: In the previous steps when you put the database details, in the Tables prefix text box: choose another prefix other than ps_ for eg: cart_ ... or shop_ etc

All the best ... though I still couldn't install 1.5.2 despite changing prefix or other woodoo charms :wacko:

Hello tarunb999, could you please post your server configuration and hosting provider. I'm not sure what the problem could be server side. A fresh 1.5.2 installs fine for 99% of stores.

Jewell, please try and install 1.5.2. Keep me posted Thanks

Dear Benjamin,

Many thanks for your offer but as a last try I'm trying again to install 1.5.2 ( encouraged by your 99% stats) .. I really don't think there's anything wrong on the server side (also if there is, I cannot change it !!)

If I get the same error msg I'll just install 1.4.9 as others have done.

I know it sounds a bit funny but then I just want to get along with it ..

Cheers.

Install 1.5.2 and the installation stops 12 %,

Error is: SQL error on query Table 'table_access' already exists

These 3 error messages

1, Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and

server fields (DbPDO) (OVH Host)

2, At least one table with same prefix was already found, please change your

prefix or drop your database (should drop but I can not)

3, install 12% SQL error on query Table 'table_access' already exists

Edited by jewell (see edit history)

just i tried to fresh install presta 1.5.2.0 and all is well, but 56% which became maybe 20-30pc error..

could be a server time-out or something..?

i delete all and testing now install fresh 1.5.1.0 presta shop version,

questions 1.5.2.0 prestashop themeinstaller, is the worked ? today as a tried in my ps 1.5.2.0 another shop and did not work, install 100% but not work.

Dear Benjamin,

Many thanks for your offer but as a last try I'm trying again to install 1.5.2 ( encouraged by your 99% stats) .. I really don't think there's anything wrong on the server side (also if there is, I cannot change it !!)

If I get the same error msg I'll just install 1.4.9 as others have done.

I know it sounds a bit funny but then I just want to get along with it ..

Cheers.

OK GUYS ... AN UPDATE .. I GOT IT .. I INSTALLED 1.5.2 Succesfully

The error that I was making is is that I was unzipping the downloaded folder (prestashop_1.5.2.0.zip) locally and then uploading all the files through FTP ( filezilla). I think some of the files were getting missed out and were not able to upload on the web server ( though the FTP software didn't mention any)

What I did now is that

1. I uploaded the zip file on the web server and extracted it there ..in the cloud :)

2. I also gave really long prefix (10 letters).

And bingo !!!! it worked like a charm .. I installed with demo products too.

So I would ask everybody getting stuck to upload the zip onto the webservers and give a really long prefix ..

All the best folks.

Edited by tarunb999 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem during the install of 1.5.2..

During the installation process i get to 23% and fail with red cross at (Create default shop and languages).

Go back to the database configuration step before and the error message is...

At least one table with same prefix was already found, please change your prefix or drop your database.

Look in the database and it has managed to create 219 tables.

I have tried many times to install and always the same.

Any help wold be appreciated. Tried everything that is mentioned above with no success.

Edited by stevec (see edit history)

The same problem i facing now :

12%

• Create settings.inc file
  • Create database tables
    • SQL error on query Table 'prs_access' already exists

An error occured during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by
Edited by Karmahacker (see edit history)

I have a same problem: stopped at 13% "Create database tables" during installation.How to resolve it?

Hello all,

I'm not much of a technical person in PS, so can share only my own experience.

A few things that I did were:

------------------------------------------

1. Uploaded the installation zip file which I downloaded from the Prestashop website on the web server. [ I did this so as to make sure that all the files get uploaded on the webserver and do not break my installation].

2. Unzipped the installation file.

3. Created the database etc and during installation I gave a long prefix of approx 10 letters to Tables e.g myshopcart_

4. Let the installation run according to default parameters like demo products etc.

------------------------------------

Everytime you face a problem or get stuck, I suggest going back to your database and dropping all tables and then giving a new prefix to tables.

Oh yes...pray hard :rolleyes: for your installation to work .. because its worth it :) :)

All the best !!!

And a Happy New Year 2013 :D

Hello all.

I also encountered an error at the stage "Create default shop and languages". In my case, it seemed like it was caused by a very long "Shop Name". I had entered a shop name 148 characters long, most of them non-Latin (maybe it makes some difference).

In my second attempt, I started from scratch (dropped all tables from the prestashop DB and cleared all related cookies from my browser), I entered a shorter shop name (about 77 characters) and the installation completed with no errors. Maybe it's a bug? I am not really sure.

I hope that my post will be useful to some of you and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

Hey Ben. No, it was with 1.5.2.

Seriously, 1.5.3 is out? :) Was it sometime yesterday? My attempts were made about one or two hours before posting and I think that when I checked, the PrestaShop site still had the 1.5.2 version available for download...

EDIT: I just tried a new 1.5.3 installation with a long shop name. Now, a warning appears:

The field shop name is limited to 64 characters

and the installation does not proceed, unless a "proper" shop name is entered. This should mean less trouble for users, so: nicely done and congratulations for the new release!

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

OK GUYS ... AN UPDATE .. I GOT IT .. I INSTALLED 1.5.2 Succesfully

The error that I was making is is that I was unzipping the downloaded folder (prestashop_1.5.2.0.zip) locally and then uploading all the files through FTP ( filezilla). I think some of the files were getting missed out and were not able to upload on the web server ( though the FTP software didn't mention any)

What I did now is that

1. I uploaded the zip file on the web server and extracted it there ..in the cloud :)

2. I also gave really long prefix (10 letters).

And bingo !!!! it worked like a charm .. I installed with demo products too.

So I would ask everybody getting stuck to upload the zip onto the webservers and give a really long prefix ..

All the best folks.

Guys this worked for me too... V1.5.4.1 - I moved all up to my host 1and1 and then used their Webspace Explorer to unzip and it installed!

Thanks SO MUCH for this because it was driving my insane!

• 1 month later...
:rolleyes: Solution! I see a lot of people having trouble at 12% of the installation. This is when PrestaShop is creating all of the tables and depending on your server this can take longer than the default execution time for a PHP script. Fortunately this can be configured, I own my serve and have root access so was able to change the PHP configuration. If you don't ask your tech support to increase the maximum script run time. I set it for 300 seconds, but probably way more than is needed, but you may need as much as 2 minutes. You can time it after the script time is increased. It can be reset after the install as it will probably will never exceed the run time when operating the store. It took me a long time to figure this one out! In addition to serving several web sites my server also is a media server and runs a bit-torrent client, so it is very busy. The new store will serve video on demand and sell DVD's. This problem can occur with all versions of PrestaShop at least till version 1.5.4.1. Maybe the configuration of the database can be split into two or more parts? Edited by brucedevries (see edit history)

hello

sorry for bothering you - can you write it in english here? we are in english section and not everyone here knows your language

Hello.

I need help in the installation of prestashop 1.5.4.1. During installation get the error:

1. Create file settings.inc

2. Create tables in the database

3. Creating default store and languages

4. Populate the table of the database

An error occurred during the installation ...

You can use the links that are in the column on the left to return to the previous steps, or even restart the installation process by clicking here.

where you trying to install your store? some free hosting?

it looks like problem with permissions (script can't create file due to the permissions)

+ some connection problems (prestashop can't download lagnuage packs etc.)

where you trying to install your store? some free hosting?

it looks like problem with permissions (script can't create file due to the permissions)

+ some connection problems (prestashop can't download lagnuage packs etc.)

No, it's my server, no problems with file permissions, everyone is 775 and as owner apache group. According to the apache log, seems to be something with the GD libraries, specifically "Fatal Error call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg ()" but my phpinfo tells me this with support for GD and worked other applications requiring GD.

Upload the installer via ftp and decompressed from a terminal shell, giving the necessary permissions to the files.

Edited by cazapata (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I had the same problem failing at 23% error :create default shop and languages

and was advised by my host to do this!

go to the php ini file and change the following:

delete the CH MOD File

turn SAFE MODE off (default is on)

re-upload the ini file to the server

Edited by jonmig (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

Hello.

I have an error when Im trying to upgrade Prestashop from 1.1.0.6 to 1.6.0.6.

I do everything like have to do.

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Manual+update

I have backuped my old database, after that I have imported it to new clean database through phpMyAdmin.

I have copied Prestashop folder 1.6.0.6 include changed files (images, themes, etc.) to server.

I have started install... and I have a problem on the step "Configure your database by filling out the following fields" when I were trying to test my database to connect.

"At least one table with same prefix was already found, please change your prefix or drop your database"

How can I resolve it? Maybe I need create new database during installation and then import old data to new database?

But I have already tried do it through phpMyAdmin and I haved an error like "this table has already been created".

Thank you for your support.