Problem with upgrade to 1.5.1

Hello,

I have problem with upgrade of version 1.5.0.17 to 1.5.1 via 1-click automatic update. I`m getting these error message:

[TECHNICAL ERROR - JAVASCRIPT] Error detected for action "upgradeNow". Starting restoration...

Does anybody have same problem?

Thanks for any help.

post-407428-0-51160400-1349376209_thumb.png

Hi,

I also tried to update from 1.5.0.17 to 1.5.1.

1) I tried with the test site, yep went fine but!!!!

*Everything is freaksly slow e.g. adding items to the cart (if using 1.5.0.17 it's normal).

*There huge issues with stock management, I cannot place orders because prestashop says that there's no items in stock -> Disable stock management -> Nothing.

2) Did same with the production, as I didn't notice the two issue on the test site at first. Here while trying to place a order noticed the two issues above. So I must say that the update is somewhat flawed!

I used the autoupgrade module. So now my test site ins't working as it's been infected with prestashop 1.5.1, but luckily I did full copy of the production before updating it! BTW the rollback failed bad!!!! It just messed with all the CHMODs and killed the DB, so don't try to rollback!

I tried the one click upgrade 1.5.017 it went badly with no front page,carriers and field missing it was a dis aster. I tried the rollback it was a bigger disaster taking down two shops that is sub domain as well. In the end I had to get my host Hostgator to do the restore as I have so many products the upload with images takes hours from my computer.

So shops are working ...relief but here I am still on 1.4.6 I really was keen for 1.5.

Now in my upgrade bo it only shows 1.4.9 as the next version. If I select major I get a java script error ( parsejson) detected for action " update config" starting restoration...

The nothing changes.

I tried installation of a test server but as it is a different domain I can never get the database which has all my products to connect. One click would have been great if it worked.

I did a manual upgrade using the official step-by-step found here: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Manual+update+%28experts+only%29

The upgrade process is initiated by the URL http://www.myprestashop.com/prestashop/install/upgrade/upgrade.php where the first part of the URL is replaced with my 1.5.1 test site.

However after the script has been running for about 1 minute, I get this message:

<action result="fail" error="28"/>

I have retried the whole proces. I've copied the 1.4.9 db from my live site using the copy db function found in phpmyadmin and thoroughly followed the upgrade steps but I still get the mentioned error.

Howcome?

Thanks.

Same problem here. It was tough to get it installed correctly until I cleaned out the shop directiory and used SimpleScripts. Flawless installation. Began imputting categorie/sub cats, products, created a few new ones using a batch module everything seemed okay. Then, I decided to try the one click update. Not a good decision.

First try had 349 errors. Tried then to undo the update and it froze at 7229 files to be done. And, broke the shop - no access to front or back end. Tried changing out the database, renaming it, export/import nothing worked. Host uploaded his most recent backup before the problems started. But, the shop still did not show front or back end. Finally, I cleaned out the store folder, exported the database, data only field by field just in case export/importing the whole db faied.

Went to simplescripts. Flawless installation. Tried to import the database - broke the shop again. Cleaned out store folder, deleted database and created a new one. Copied files previously downloaded and tried reinstall. Reinstalled okay. Database uploaded okay but no front and back end web links. Tried using Store Manager. Database update but no products or images showed on the front end website- back end error message. I have installed and reinstalled this program and database 12+ times since my original download late August. So far this has been a royal p-i-t-n. :-( None of the suggestions I've checked on this forum and on the web seemed to work.

All I want to do is install the software, add existing products info to the database and get on down the road....

Edited by newbie87 (see edit history)

I agree. It has been stressful. I was hoping for it to be so fluid.

I so agree thats what we all want and were hoping we would get, that is why we have been waiting.

Thank god my host was able to reinstall my back up and add my database. So at least my 1.4.6 is going.

I am trying to build a new 1.5.1 site on another server and just have to work out how to add the other servers database is has posed quite a challenge. I have small wins but this is after hours of work and I still have a long way to go.

I so hope than when it is done I will be able to load it up on my main host. Still wondering how the second shops existing customer thing on different url will work. So much more info and explanations of multishops is required.

Ok... I have a 1.5.0.17 install and I thought I'd try and upgrade to 1.5.1.

- I Went to the Autoupgrade option in the drop down but got an error 'The controller adminselfupgrade is missing or invalid.'

- Went into modules to see if the module was there and it was not.

- Installed the latest 0.8.6 upgrade module all went well

- I no longer have the upgrade option in my dropdown menu

- I go to the module in admin and hit configure and I still get this error 'The controller adminselfupgrade is missing or invalid.'

Any ideas?

Ok... I have a 1.5.0.17 install and I thought I'd try and upgrade to 1.5.1.

- I Went to the Autoupgrade option in the drop down but got an error 'The controller adminselfupgrade is missing or invalid.'

- Went into modules to see if the module was there and it was not.

- Installed the latest 0.8.6 upgrade module all went well

- I no longer have the upgrade option in my dropdown menu

- I go to the module in admin and hit configure and I still get this error 'The controller adminselfupgrade is missing or invalid.'

Any ideas?

Unistall and install auto update module i have ths same and worked now

Edited by tczaude (see edit history)

Hi,

I have just upgraded from version 1.4.9 to version 1.5.1 through 1-click automatic update

After the upgrade it took me straight to my admin login page.

I tried to login and it keeps coming up with the below

TECHNICAL ERROR:

Details: Error thrown: [object Object]

Text status: parsererror

I have tried resetting password but it still comes up with the same problem and will not allow me to login.

If anyone can please help with this problem.

Thanks,

Mike

We appreciate all the hard work the PS team is putting into this great CMS so the following is said with all due respect:

There seems to be quite a lot of problems with the upgrade proces. It seems like the current prestashop version isn't quite ready for prime-time.

I am just wondering what we should do. I mean, we've been waiting for about a year for version 1.5. We didn't want to purchase new templates, modules etc. for the old version. Now version 1.5.x finally arrived so we went on and purchased a shiny new template but we have no idea how to upgrade our current running shop.

Prestashop team - please advice.

Thanks.

Similar to you jtrlho, I have had nothing but problems trying to upgrade from 1.4.7.0 to 1.5.1. Once I figure something out then another problem appears. I have managed to upgrade after ages of trial and error. Then I think I have cracked it then um no, A problem with front end, I fix that then no CMS pages are not working. Very frustrating.

I will stick with 1.4.7.0 for now, Just seems too many problems when upgrading then it is worth at the moment.

:)

Similar to you jtrlho, I have had nothing but problems trying to upgrade from 1.4.7.0 to 1.5.1. Once I figure something out then another problem appears. I have managed to upgrade after ages of trial and error. Then I think I have cracked it then um no, A problem with front end, I fix that then no CMS pages are not working. Very frustrating.

I will stick with 1.4.7.0 for now, Just seems too many problems when upgrading then it is worth at the moment.

:)

have try fresh install?

Bonsoir,

Je n'arrive pas non plus à utiliser ce module de MAJ automatique mais j'ai un autre soucis :

Lorsque je clique sur n'importe quel boutons de ce module (par exemple "sauver" dans option de sauvegarde), je suis redirigé vers une page 404.

PS : Le contenu de la balise action du formulaire est "&customSubmitAutoUpgrade=1&token=bd7f49fd9fd0d65d28b8639e030310f2"

Quelqu'un aurait-il une idée de la façon dont résoudre le problème ??

Dans l'attente, cordialement Quentin.

Bonsoir,

Je n'arrive pas non plus à utiliser ce module de MAJ automatique mais j'ai un autre soucis :

Lorsque je clique sur n'importe quel boutons de ce module (par exemple "sauver" dans option de sauvegarde), je suis redirigé vers une page 404.

PS : Le contenu de la balise action du formulaire est "&customSubmitAutoUpgrade=1&token=bd7f49fd9fd0d65d28b8639e030310f2"

Quelqu'un aurait-il une idée de la façon dont résoudre le problème ??

Dans l'attente, cordialement Quentin.

English plizz :)

Hi,

I can not use this module Automatic update but I have another problem :

When I click on any button of the module (for exemple "save" in option for backup), I am redirected to a 404 page.

PS: The contents of the tag form "action" is "&customSubmitAutoUpgrade=1&token=bd7f49fd9fd0d65d28b8639e030310f2"

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem??

Sorry for my english,

Quentin.

I think that the problem is the link "&customSubmitAutoUpgrade=1&token=bd7f49fd9fd0d65d28b8639e030310f2"

Because when I clicked on a bouton the page error 404 is "http://MY_DOMAIN/MY_ADMIN_FOLDER/&customSubmitAutoUpgrade=1&token=bd7f49fd9fd0d65d28b8639e030310f2"

So the link cannot be good...

Do you think so ??

Quentin.

Edited by kent1 (see edit history)

jtrlho....frm where did u buy new template for 1.5? I am also looking for good featured template

We appreciate all the hard work the PS team is putting into this great CMS so the following is said with all due respect:

There seems to be quite a lot of problems with the upgrade proces. It seems like the current prestashop version isn't quite ready for prime-time.

I am just wondering what we should do. I mean, we've been waiting for about a year for version 1.5. We didn't want to purchase new templates, modules etc. for the old version. Now version 1.5.x finally arrived so we went on and purchased a shiny new template but we have no idea how to upgrade our current running shop.

Prestashop team - please advice.

Thanks.