Upgrade gone wrong, need help :/

Hey guys

After i did the update (1 click one) everything went wrong. Now i cant access my back office, shop is down.

This is the error i get when i try to access my shop and BO.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/pbgeabtf/public_html/butikk/config/config.inc.php on line 152

My webpage is www.pbgear.no/butikk

If any one knows what can be done, please let me know asap.

Hey guys

After i did the update (1 click one) everything went wrong. Now i cant access my back office, shop is down.

This is the error i get when i try to access my shop and BO.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/pbgeabtf/public_html/butikk/config/config.inc.php on line 152

My webpage is www.pbgear.no/butikk

If any one knows what can be done, please let me know asap.

I hope that you backuped your shop. Without backups restore shop to working will be HUGE problem.... :|

I would like to use 1.5 if that is possible and if its a stable version. I have never had any issues updating prestashop and i am not sure if its the new 1.5 update that is messed up.

But the most important thing is to get the shop up and running. I need to access my back office so i can get orders shipped out.

Hello iWheelie, thank you for the message. Have you thought about restoring your backup to production, and then upgrading on a test sub domain until the issue is solved? If having your shop up and running is the most important thing, then you should definitely first revert to a BackUp.

Hi Benjamin

How do i do this? I am not that skilled with these type of things. And after spending several hours i think its better to have some one handle this for me.

Hello iWheelie, Thank you for the message. There are a couple ways to restore a Backup. If you have your Database and Files Backed up then you are on the right track. First, read this article for information on how to restore a 1.4 backup. http://www.webhostinghub.com/support/edu/prestashop/201-creating-and-restoring-backups/restore-prestashop-database-backup I hope this helps, thank you for choosing PrestaShop!

Hello iWheelie, Thank you for the message. There are a couple ways to restore a Backup. If you have your Database and Files Backed up then you are on the right track. First, read this article for information on how to restore a 1.4 backup. http://www.webhostin...database-backup I hope this helps, thank you for choosing PrestaShop!

Allright, i have all the files backed up. But i don't feel comfortable doing this. Is there any way to get some one to do this for me?

Hello iWheelie, if you do need to restore a BackUp and you are looking for somebody to do this for you, you can contact PrestaShop to be connected with a trained and Certified Web Agency or Freelancer. The steps to restore a Backup will be the same. How did you complete your Back-Up of your database. If you did it through myPHPadmin, You can try these steps. http://www.webhostinghub.com/support/website/databases/importing-mysql-database-in-phpmyadmin

Hello iWheelie, if you do need to restore a BackUp and you are looking for somebody to do this for you, you can contact PrestaShop to be connected with a trained and Certified Web Agency or Freelancer. The steps to restore a Backup will be the same. How did you complete your Back-Up of your database. If you did it through myPHPadmin, You can try these steps. http://www.webhostin...e-in-phpmyadmin

I backed it up via prestashop before i did the update. I really don't want to mess around more. I just want it to get fixed.

ok, for the first you must have an access to phpmyadmin. Go to phpmyadmin and create new database in:

database-import.gif

in next step, go to the database by clicking on it on the databases in left column. Click on "IMPORT" tab and select backuped prestashop database file from your hard disk, exactly as I show on screen below:

database-import2.gif

and click GO button.

This is first step in three step process. Write a reply when you are ready with that :)

Edited by vekia (see edit history)

Hi all,

Ok, so i have doen the loop on these installtions over the last 2 weeks, so here goes.

if you have

• backup sql data base
  • backup folder data

create a sub folder and place all backups there. if you installed from the root directory instead of using softaculous then clear root folder of old data, go DL the old prestashop version and upload install in web root - the tricky bit is to then go to your myphpadmin folder, flush/dump all data in taht database and import data from backup - this will then reflect your data to that installtion, make sure the /config/setting.inc.php file refelcts the databases passwd and server, ..ect data of the old installtion.

best pratice i found that wokred is to make a backup in the ftp root and actaully copy the entire web directory to it so later as a back you just copy and replace data as it was.

this should work. it did for me now after i upgarded, back stepped > blank screen>copied files over - worked fdine.

also to look at is in the backoffice is that the smarty config under prefferences is set to "2" not "3" as "3" only works with 1.5v prestashop.