We're sorry, but the Web address you entered is no longer available

I've just upgraded to 1.4.9 and now have this issue, I've tried everything in the forums but nothing so far has worked.

I'm attaching the htaccess file generated, any chance you could take a look at see why it doesn't work?

The attached file was generated when resetting the enabled Friendly links which generates a new htaccess file.

Anyone any ideas?

Server information

Prestashop Version: 1.4.9.0

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Wed Mar 7 15:20:22 MSK 2012 x86_64

Server software Version: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix)

PHP Version: 5.2.17

MySQL Version: 5.0.83-community

htaccess.zip

Thanks Kerm, I'm not 100% sure what you mean though.

I had zipped the file to make it easier to download to take a look but this is what it contains...

# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution
# WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE MANUALLY. IF NECESSARY, ADD YOUR SPECIFIC CONFIGURATION WITH THE HTACCESS GENERATOR IN BACK OFFICE
# http://www.prestashop.com - http://www.prestashop.com/forums
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
# URL rewriting module activation
RewriteEngine on
# URL rewriting rules
RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ /webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9]+)\-([a-z0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1-$2$3.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([0-9]+)/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1-$2.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$1$2.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$1$2$3.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1$2$3$4.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$1$2$3$4$5.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$1$2$3$4$5$6.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$8/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^c/([0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/c/$1$2.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^c/([a-zA-Z-]+)/[a-zA-Z0-9-]+\.jpg$ /img/c/$1.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.jpg$ /img/c/$1$2.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.html /product.php?id_product=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^[a-zA-Z0-9-]*/([0-9]+)\-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*\.html /product.php?id_product=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-[a-zA-Z0-9-]*(/[a-zA-Z0-9-]*)+ /category.php?id_category=$1&noredirect=1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-[a-zA-Z0-9-]* /category.php?id_category=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)__([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /supplier.php?id_supplier=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)_([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /cms.php?id_cms=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^content/category/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /cms.php?id_cms_category=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^page-not-found$ /404.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^address$ /address.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^addresses$ /addresses.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^authentication$ /authentication.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^best-sales$ /best-sales.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^cart$ /cart.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^contact-us$ /contact-form.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^discount$ /discount.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^guest-tracking$ /guest-tracking.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^order-history$ /history.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^identity$ /identity.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^manufacturers$ /manufacturer.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^my-account$ /my-account.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^new-products$ /new-products.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^order$ /order.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^order-follow$ /order-follow.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^quick-order$ /order-opc.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^order-slip$ /order-slip.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^password-recovery$ /password.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^prices-drop$ /prices-drop.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^search$ /search.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^sitemap$ /sitemap.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^stores$ /stores.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^supplier$ /supplier.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>
# Catch 404 errors
ErrorDocument 404 /404.php
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
</IfModule>
FileETag INode MTime Size
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript
</IfModule>

Edited by David Henry (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I know it's an old post, but I had this problem as well. Problem is in htaccess file. Regenerate this (1.5.x: go to preferences-> SEO&URLs, then toggle "friendly URLs" once, press save (and toggle once more to restore original setting and save once again). This generates a new htaccess file. Reload front office and voila.

For all of you who encountered this problem, this should fix it.

Pascal.

Hi Pascal, thank you for the message. Yes you can toggle the Friendly URL option on and off and this will force the regeneration of the htaccess which could help solve the problem. Make sure you have a back up before you toggle these options as some servers might not have URL rewriting enabled.

Hi Benjamin, thanks for the warning. Maybe toggle multistore option is a safer way to get the same result.

Any idea where the problem originates? Last thing I did was something with creating a new menu option (was playing with creating a new tab in BO), but not sure if problem started before that already... Thanks!

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same problem after upgrading to Prestashop 1.6.0.14 and I can't edit the product listings as every time I click "Save" I get this irritating error message.

I must say that upgrading Prestashop always end in a nightmare, at least for me. So why does it has to be this way? I lost all pictures and even after regenerating the pictures, they never reappeared.

I'm seriously thinking of ditching Prestashop and move to Shopify. It is irritating and I lose so many man hours doing an upgrade that should be so simple.

I know it's an old post, but I had this problem as well. Problem is in htaccess file. Regenerate this (1.5.x: go to preferences-> SEO&URLs, then toggle "friendly URLs" once, press save (and toggle once more to restore original setting and save once again). This generates a new htaccess file. Reload front office and voila.

For all of you who encountered this problem, this should fix it.

Pascal.

I'm having the same problem after upgrading to Prestashop 1.6.0.14 and I can't edit the product listings as every time I click "Save" I get this irritating error message.

I must say that upgrading Prestashop always end in a nightmare, at least for me. So why does it has to be this way? I lost all pictures and even after regenerating the pictures, they never reappeared.

I'm seriously thinking of ditching Prestashop and move to Shopify. It is irritating and I lose so many man hours doing an upgrade that should be so simple.

Hi did you follow the advice from pascal?  

I followed the advice from Pascal. Deactivated Friendly URLs and Save... reactivated Friendly URLs and Save... it didn't work... 

Tried Activating the Multiple Store and Save ... followed by Deactivating the Multiple Store and Save. I'm still getting the same error 404 message when I try editing a product listing, in particular it's Association.

However, editing a category name, say from "Children Furniture" to simply "Furniture" encounters no problem at all.

Finally, I deactivated NON PRESTASHOP MODULES... (Advanced Parameters ->Performance->Debug Mode -> Disable non Prestashop Modules... and the problem disappeared. I'm able to edit the product listings and when done I reactivate all the non-prestashop modules.

I suspect it has to do with the Newsletter module or one of the other modules that I was prompted to upgrade, after moving to PS 1.6 from 1.5

So this is my advice to the Prestashop people... you need to have better control over the modules that are available via the Prestashop marketplace. Make sure they are compatible before releasing them to us. Maybe have a module certified safe... I would be willing to pay for this instead of burning the midnight oil trying to solve this problem. I've spent a decent amount of money on Prestashop themes and modules... This is my 2 cents worth of advice to make this a better product offering.

I followed the advice from Pascal. Deactivated Friendly URLs and Save... reactivated Friendly URLs and Save... it didn't work... 

Tried Activating the Multiple Store and Save ... followed by Deactivating the Multiple Store and Save. I'm still getting the same error 404 message when I try editing a product listing, in particular it's Association.

However, editing a category name, say from "Children Furniture" to simply "Furniture" encounters no problem at all.

Finally, I deactivated NON PRESTASHOP MODULES... (Advanced Parameters ->Performance->Debug Mode -> Disable non Prestashop Modules... and the problem disappeared. I'm able to edit the product listings and when done I reactivate all the non-prestashop modules.

I suspect it has to do with the Newsletter module or one of the other modules that I was prompted to upgrade, after moving to PS 1.6 from 1.5

So this is my advice to the Prestashop people... you need to have better control over the modules that are available via the Prestashop marketplace. Make sure they are compatible before releasing them to us. Maybe have a module certified safe... I would be willing to pay for this instead of burning the midnight oil trying to solve this problem. I've spent a decent amount of money on Prestashop themes and modules... This is my 2 cents worth of advice to make this a better product offering.

I know it's frustrating to not get answer first time but as you can imagine it can be a game of 20 questions.

Done 'loads' of upgrade and have had about every issue you can imagine but most often for this issue it's something simple.

let's try some of the more common methods:

Clear browser cache and cookies.  (very common problem)

Disable all non-prestashop modules from bo performance screen to help eliminate 3rd party module (also disable overrides)

Check your error log from hosting, make sure not something like mod_security triggering, note: if you enable ps debug, mod_security messages will not be displayed to screen.