URGENT: Fatal error (Address -> address1 is empty) PayPal 3.0.9 on PrestaShop 1.4.7

dustcollector

Hi,

We are losing customers daily due to this fatal error and its making everyone frustrated!

Could someone please kindly rectify it??

I upgraded to this version as the previous version is also having similar problems!

Im on prestashop 1.4.7

Is there any older, and more stable PayPal module that I can install?

thank you!

I installed Paypal ver 3.2 and had a different issue. There is a JQuery issue in 3.2. I saw a note that it was fixed, but it did not work for me.

I decided to go back to find what would work and I reverted to Paypal v2.87 and all worked out. I will try to step up to a newer version, but for now, things are working.

Received the exact same error from version 3.09 on Prestashop 1.4.9

Downgraded to version Paypal version 2.8.5 (only one I had handy) and it "seems" to have resolved the problem. Will find out shortly and post comments here.

Note that the problem was not happening for every customer, only certain ones.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Received the exact same error from version 3.09 on Prestashop 1.4.9

Downgraded to version Paypal version 2.8.5 (only one I had handy) and it "seems" to have resolved the problem. Will find out shortly and post comments here.

Note that the problem was not happening for every customer, only certain ones.

Regards,

Same thing is happing to my store too. Right after upgrading to 1.4.9 and after the customer hits Paypal payment. it's strange because not all paypal customers have the problem only some have the problem. It states an address error 1. Since it is not all customers having the problem then I assume it may be something the customer is inputing and trigging it. Too many characters or something. Maybe Paypal changed something on their side that is conflicting with the new Paypal module. Don't know. I will try and downgrade paypal to the version before. Thanks

Edit: I just installed Paypal 2.8.7 it seems to be working now.

Edited by Never_give_up (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hello Jamesdayley I would 1st try and upgrade your paypal module to the newest version of 3.2.5. It also has issues but i got mine working with some paid help which it didn't cost a lot of money from Nemo1. search for him and ask him if you need help from a developer stand point.

Cheers

Clayton

Hello steve_c

From what I understand the 3.2.5 version is running but still with some bugs of course. I am not so sure about 1.5 version as I am staying on 1.4.9 until the 1.5 version is a lot more stable as I am not ready to tackle many issues like it has right now.

I did not encounter an address empty on my paypal at all using 3.2.5 so I would suggest you load the updated version. It can't hurt to try of course. I think I have a older version like 2.8.7 of the older module if you wish to try it. I will have to hunt it down on a external hard drive i have but i know i have a copy of it. If you do want a copy pm me and I will email it to you.

Cheers

Clayton

Hi Clayton

Thanks for the offer.

I have 2.8.7 running on my 1.4.9 version at the moment.

I have a pretty much working 1.5.2 version of my shop on a development URL which I am confident is operating OK. I have yet to install the latest PayPal version on there so will give that a try later and go live if I am satisfied everything works.

Community seems to be dead since 1.5 release. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to install the version 3.3 from here in the add-ons sections. Impossible to install.

Kills the whole module sections with the following messages

Warning: require(/home/ipcas/public_html/mjlvideo.fr/modules/paypal/backward_compatibility/backward.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ipcas/public_html/mjlvideo.fr/modules/paypal/paypal_abstract.php on line 72

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ipcas/public_html/mjlvideo.fr/modules/paypal/backward_compatibility/backward.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/ipcas/public_html/mjlvideo.fr/modules/paypal/paypal_abstract.php on line 72

I am running Prestashop 1.4.9 with Paypal 3.0.09. Completing checkout returns the same Fatal error (Address -> address1 is empty).

I installed the newest version 3.3 , now during checkout the Paypal payment button does nothing when clicked. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

I had the same error, but the fix is very easy.

Go to your Back Office and to your Shipping tab and then click on Countries and then go to each country(or the countries you take orders from) and check the following in the adress layout. It will probably look something like this:

firstname lastname
company
address1 address2
city, State:name postcode
phone

You just have to put address2 on a new line. So it will look like:

firstname lastname
company
address1
address2
phone

This fixed it for me.

• 6 months later...

You just have to put address2 on a new line. So it will look like:

firstname lastname
company
address1
address2
phone

This fixed it for me.

One customer in my webshop brazil , he have the same error address 1 is empty . than i go backoffice and see the it shows same as above , but still same error

many people have the problem . i am loosing many customers because of this