Should I use 1.4.x or 1.5 for new webstore?

I'm currently running my webshop on OpenCart. It works fine as long as I do not upgrade to the latest version and as long as I don't try to update images (due to template issues). So I'm stuck and want to move away from OpenCart.

I want to move my store to Prestashop and I'm very charmed by the new looks and features of the 1.5 version. But it's not ready for production yet!

How much longer will it take before this version is ready for release? I understand the development is finished for 95%. Should I just start moving my products to the latest 1.5 RC2 release and wait for the final version to be released or should I just implement the shop in 1.4.8 first and update to 1.5 when that is ready for production?

I can wait a few weeks if that is how close the development of 1.5 is to being finished. But I honestly like to start a.s.a.p.

I'd appreciate some advice on this.

• 2 months later...

The best advice i can give you is to wait until the forge will be wipe out of bugs, there is still too many bugs on 1.5 versions... but if you like adventure then Go for IT and you'll really help the community and prestashop SA to track and resolves thoses bugs.

Best Regards