Need to incorporate shipping charges to downloadable products

In my store I sell kits. As of now I get the order and have to email each customer the instructions.

I tried making the kits a downloadable product so a link to the instructions was sent from PS with each order. That worked fine except because it's a downloadable product there wasn't any shipping applied. I've read about using the additional shipping option but I ship worldwide and have a lot of different shipping charges depending on delivery location.

Is there a way to make shipping charges I have set up apply to a downloadable product?

Oh, I also sell products that wouldn't be a downloadable product so I can't mess shipping for those up.

I did read about that and they were only talking about the "added shipping" field which led me to believe it would only work for that field. I did just get done trying that solution out and it does seem like it works for my set shipping charges also. Well, at least so far. I did a couple of test purchases and it seems to work without having to use the additional shipping field.

• 1 month later...

Ok. Have this working for 1.4 but any idea how to do it in 1.5? The Cart.php isn't the same. At least I can't find what I need change.

This is how I did it for 1.4: http://www.prestasho...dable-products/

Edit: I found the section in 1.5 that is very similar to 1.4

I changed this:

public function isVirtualCart($strict = false)

to:

public function isVirtualCart() {return false;}

and commented out the rest.

I didn't work.

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...