Inventory Stats and Profit Margins

Updated the AdminProfitMargin to version 1.0.1 on 08/12/2012.

I have updated three files that I wrote a few years back that helped me track the product I had in a shop. With it I could view what items that were on sale, out of stock and what profit margins were had for each product.

Whats good about this is that the information I need is easy to get at and it gives me a quick look at my inventory.

I have added a quick statistical look at the inventory that easily shows you how many items you have for sale, the total retail value of your items for sale, your costs for your products, your total potential profits from your items in stock and also the average price of your products.

Its still a work in progress, it has a couple of small glitches but works for what I want it to do.

I have tested it in the latest version 1.4.8.2

Maybe someone else will find it useful to them as well.

profit_margin.jpg

All you have to do is upload the three files to your admin/tabs folder then go to your admin panel and click on the "Employees" tab then click on the "Tabs" tab. Now click "Add new."

You have to do this three times for the three files you download.

In the box Name enter: Profit Margins & Stats

In the Class enter: AdminProfitMargins

In the Parent choose: Stats

In the box Name enter: Out of Stock

In the Class enter: AdminOutOfStock

In the box Name enter: On Sale

In the Class enter: AdminOnSale

AdminOutOfStock.php

AdminOnSale.php

AdminProfitMargins.php

Edited by joenmass (see edit history)
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Thank you! This could be a great module.. Although, I could only get adminprofitmargins.php to work. On the other two, I got a message saying it couldn't find the tabs. I am 100% sure I did it exactly as you told in your post. (ctrl c +v) ;)

Also, there is a css-bug in the pagination at the bottom on 1.4.9.0 / flashyturtle admintheme

But hey, it was free - and still is usefull :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the contribution... I'm havign some truble installing, probably because i'm running PS 1.5.2

Heres where i run into trouble,,, To quote your instructions

""All you have to do is upload the three files to your admin/tabs folder then go to your admin panel and click on the "Employees" tab then click on the "Tabs" tab. Now click "Add new.""""

however when I Add new, there is no place to enter the class, and parent: stats

please advise, thanks!

Hi jincmd,

As Benjamin said you should use Prestashop older than version 1.5.

The way the Prestashop team coded version 1.5 is completely different than the previous versions that is why you are having some difficulty with these files.

At some point I will make a newer version of the files to work on 1.5, I just haven't had the time to do it yet.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...