Upgrading from Presta Shop 1.1.0.5 to Presta Shop 1.5

We are currently using PrestaShop 1.1.0.5 and would like to upgrade but I have quite a bit of custom PHP script on my Home and Blankets order pages...script I don't want to loose or pay a small fortune to re-create when the backend is upgraded.

Currently we are often loosing the details of some of our orders. It's a combination of user error and a bug. Though from what I can tell, the bug has always been there, because I can recreate it in any browser. Essentially what happens is, the user adds the blanket to the cart and is missing some field information, it then adds it to the cart anyways. The user then fills out the fields and adds the new item to the cart. Once in the cart, the user deletes the wrong item, leaving the unfilled item.

There's several things going on here:

• the bug which seems to have plagued the cart for quite a while
  • an unfriendly form on the blankets page (would be better to have some of these javascript boxes just constantly open so the user doesn't forget about them)
  • a clear lack of distinction among cart items, it really isn't completely clear when you have several items in a cart, what extra attributes belong to which item, simply needs some better CSS formatting

Can 1.5 help solve some of these issues and when will a stable version of 1.5 be available?

Thank you

www.foreverblanketsandbears.com

it is hard to say with certainty that v1.4 or v1.5 would fix these issues for you, especially if they are customized scripting, and not core product functionality. v1.4 is very stable at this point and what you should consider upgrading to. v1.5 is not stable, and even when released it will take some time to mature, just as v1.4 did.

your current theme would not be compatible and so those customizations would have to be ported to a v1.4 theme. you will need to alter your expectations on this upgrade, and invest time and effort which translates into money.

I would suggest doing a test run on the upgrade process, by taking a copy of your store, performing the upgrade to v1.4.8.2 and ensure that your site continues to function using the standard theme and functionality. This will give you some sense of the effort to upgrade, as well as what the new version has to offer, you may find it adequate for your needs.

If you would like to pursue this, send me a PM and we can discuss those details and next steps, or any other questions you might have.