Changing Cart to Basket

Thanks I have done that, but I am still left with the word 'cart' on the button next to checkout, next to the symbol at the top right of the screen and top right box where all purchases are shown.
Any ideas as to change the text on these please.

Thanks I have done that, but I am still left with the word 'cart' on the button next to checkout, next to the symbol at the top right of the screen and top right box where all purchases are shown.
Any ideas as to change the text on these please.

In your main prestashop folder go into modules >> blockuserinfo and open to edit blockuserinfo.tpl change:
<!-- Block user information module HEADER -->

{l s='Welcome' mod='blockuserinfo'},
       {if $logged}
{$customerName}({l s='Log out' mod='blockuserinfo'})
       {else}
{l s='Log in' mod='blockuserinfo'}
       {/if}

{l s='Cart:' mod='blockuserinfo'}
{if $cart_qties > 0}{$cart_qties}{/if}{l s='product' mod='blockuserinfo'}{l s='products' mod='blockuserinfo'}
{if $cart_qties > 0}{convertPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(true, 4)}{/if}
{l s='(empty)' mod='blockuserinfo'}

{l s='Your Account' mod='blockuserinfo'}

<!-- /Block user information module HEADER -->

To:

<!-- Block user information module HEADER -->

{l s='Welcome' mod='blockuserinfo'},
       {if $logged}
{$customerName}({l s='Log out' mod='blockuserinfo'})
       {else}
{l s='Log in' mod='blockuserinfo'}
       {/if}

{l s='Basket:' mod='blockuserinfo'}
{if $cart_qties > 0}{$cart_qties}{/if}{l s='product' mod='blockuserinfo'}{l s='products' mod='blockuserinfo'}
{if $cart_qties > 0}{convertPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(true, 4)}{/if}
{l s='(empty)' mod='blockuserinfo'}

{l s='Your Account' mod='blockuserinfo'}

<!-- /Block user information module HEADER -->

Many thanks for you response to my problem - i have implemented the code as per your instructions.
This has attended to a number of the problems of the word cart being changed, but I am still left with the word 'cart' next to the checkout button, and the title of the checkout block above that. (see screenshot).
Any ideas as to how to fix this?

7398_aGG2EjgLGo2ft8DJgC41_t

You need to go to Tools > Translations, select "Modules translations" in the "Modify translations" dropdown, then click the flag. Look for "Cart" under the "blockcart" section. There are other modules with text you can change from "cart" to "basket" too.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I know this is an old thread but, having searched through the archives, it seems relevant to my question...

Does anyone know how I can change the text on the Cart block to read Basket? It's not something that can be done in the admin section & I've tried editing the sections as posted above but they don't seem to work in PrestaShop v1.4.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The process is the same in PrestaShop v1.4, so it should work. You have to look in a different section depending on whether your theme is overriding the cart block. If themes/yourtheme/modules/blockcart/blockcart.tpl exists, then you need to look in "yourtheme" section of the "Front Office translations". If that file doesn't exist, then you should change the "blockcart" section of the "Module translations".

• 6 months later...