[SOLVED] PHP Fatal error : MemCache not found

Hello,

I need help with a critical issue. My website (tinytwig.co.uk) does not work any longer. When I enter its URL in a browser, it only shows a blank page (for all the Front Office and Back office pages).

When I log on my hosting web site, logs say :

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Memcache' not found in /home1/tinytwi3/public_html/classes/MCached.php on line 41

I am really lost. First I do not know what has triggered the issue. The problem appeared while I was off on vacation (meaning I did not do anything in the BO before it appeared). Second, I really do not know how to solve the problem.

If anyone has any idea to help me, I would be very happy.

Thanks in advance !

Memcache is a performance feature and in order to use it your host has to enable a particular php extension. If you are getting this error, then we know memcache is not available on the host. so either 1 of 2 things occurred

1) you enabled this feature in the back office without realizing it, and your host does not support it

2) this feature has always been enabled, and your host has removed the php extension

You should find out from your host if they support memcache or have made any changes recently. the next thing you will need to do, is access your mysql database, perhaps using the control panel/phpmyadmin, and locate the caching setting to disable the memcache feature.

if you are not technical inclined to do this, I can offer my paid services to assist in this. you can send me a PM if your are interested.

• Like 2

Thanks very much for the very quick and clear answers !

@bellini13 : thanks very much for your offer. I am going to give it a try first by myself. If I still struggle, I will definitely contact you.

Again thanks very much.

I will now contact my host and let you know the result.

So I have contacted the host of my website. I now know what went wrong. The web hosting company actually migrated my website to a new server which does not support any longer memcache. The bad news is that none of their servers host memcache feature any longer...

So as suggested by Bellini, I now need to disable the memcache feature directly in my database. Anyone would know how to do this ?

Edited by Tiny Twig (see edit history)

Hi Tiny Twig,

Well at least you know what is happening. Per Bellini13 he said to do this

the next thing you will need to do, is access your mysql database, perhaps using the control panel/phpmyadmin, and locate the caching setting to disable the memcache feature.

Hurray !!! My website is back online.

@Bellini : your solution worked perfectly. Thank you sooooo much for making it so clear to understand and easy to implement.

Bellini and Clayton : thanks again very very much for your time and your patience.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...