[SOLVED] home text editor not working or updating HELP!

All of a sudden my home text editor will not allow me to do anything new to it or delete anything. I also noticed my "stores" area is not working. I cannot add any new locations. I can how ever add new products with no issues. Any idea what happened and how to fix it????

I have similar problem, everytime I update the Home Text Editor, after clicking "Save", the text I input within the Home Text Editor disappeared PLUS the web page where Home Text Editor section does NOT update at all. Advice?

And yes, I did select "Force Compile" as well as the Cache option... No use... this happen in version 1.4.x so I am still stuck with stable version 1.3.6 hope you are the one can solve this issue, besides this, every other PrestaShop function great.

Thanks.

Edited by CLSoftwareDistro (see edit history)

Update: After I decide to copy the Home Text Editor version 1.5 from the PrestaShop version 1.3.6 to PrestaShop 1.4.8.2 with Home Text Editor version 1.6, it worked.

So... clearly the Home Text Editor version 1.6 has some problems!!!

Edited by CLSoftwareDistro (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Could you do me a favor and email me v1.5 so I can have a working editor for my client while this software conflict with v1.6 is being resolved?

Update: After I decide to copy the Home Text Editor version 1.5 from the PrestaShop version 1.3.6 to PrestaShop 1.4.8.2 with Home Text Editor version 1.6, it worked.

So... clearly the Home Text Editor version 1.6 has some problems!!!

ah much better thank you for the tip Mike

fixed

Hi Gary,

Please try resetting the module through the Back Office and let me know if that works any better for you. Several users with the same issue have had success with this simple fix.

-Mike

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello.

I just intalled prestashop 1,6. In all previous PS's I used Home Text as good SEO thing for my website so I could easily change H1 Tag, H2, site description and so on. New prestashop doesn't offer this module and me as noob @ codes I just don't know how to set up website @ seo properly.

Can I download this module from old prestashop and use it there ? Or what method are you guys using ? I loved the simplicity of the old prestashops @ seo set up but now I just don't know what do to. Way to many pictures, new looks is killing it, really nice but old good prestashop things I really lack or just don't know where to find them.

Sorry If I used wrong topic or gave answered questions, I just thought I'd ask if you don't mind ;)

Thank you assistence.

Bill,

thank you for a reply. That's true, I can put there site description etc. But H1 Tag, H2 Tag I just can't which I could in hometext module in old prestashop. Any idea where can I find it ? Also I loved the texteditor because even If I used lotta of text as description, google took even whole page of text and my website was indexed on everything I wrote there, really amazing ( I ran over 20x prestashop website and tried to do everything @ seo ) 

Thank you.

Right, I get your point now. H tags are also referred to as Header tags. In the old days before Google made everyone think they were for SEO, they were just used for HTML markup.

The good news is that the slider used in the new Prestashop uses the H tags. So for H1 you use Header 1 and for a smaller text H2 you choose Header 2 and so on.

Just go to the slider in Modules, it is called "homeslider". It is very easy and fun to use. Just remember, for H1 choose Header 1 from the drop down box in the same row that has your bold button and so on.

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)

Also, I just took a look and the old module is still included with Prestashop. So if you would prefer to use that instead of the slider, in Modules look for "Home text editor" module it is also called "editorial".

If you install it, the default location is bottom of your page, you'll need to go to Module positions and move it up your homepage. If you don't want the slider simply uninstall.

You are back in business!

Thank you for a reply Bill. Now it's more clear for me and it will for sure help a lot of amateurs who loves presta for its simplicity.

Can I ask whether BLOG option in top hori. menu is just for show or it's already some kind of feature, module that is installed on prestashop and I just configure it with my site so I don't have to find a man who will install blog on my website ?

Thank you for a reply.

No, but the one I use is this,

http://themeforest.net/collections/4126519-prestahome-modules

It will also become part of your home page, you can see it in action here,

http://www.prestahome.com/themes/control/

Scroll down until you see the words "FROM BLOG" The 3 images and text are from the blog. NICE! And it is compatible with PS 1.5X and PS 1.6X.

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)

Bill,

I've got one question. I found HomeText Editorial and I put in on website. Is there any chance that google will understand my website as this ? :

H tags and site description will be taken from HomeText module we spoke about. But I really like the look of homeslider module, but I just don't want text to be used as tags of my website. So basically i'm trying to ask, is it possible to just leave those 3x slides empty and google will not look on it but all the info for SEO will be taken from hometext module (editorial) ?

Thank you for a reply.

In my experience you simply need the most important words in your meta title tag, and the words on your PRODUCT page.  

Because all of your product pages link to your home page, Google knows what the home page is about. The only text you need on your home page is the word SALE!. :D

It is inbound links. Social Media links from Facebook, Twitter, and so on is a lot of work, but for a lot of web sites it makes all the difference if done right.

Bill,

yes, you're very right. I'm just a bit worried that those two - hometext editor and homesliders will not work properly or will make bad effects while I'm using both of them on website.

Thank you for your help :) very appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi, this module looks very buggy ... but finally started to work:)

The reason i'm typing:

Is there a simple way, to place HomeTextEditor block to place above new/featured products bolck?

Tried live editor, doesn't work.

Need I finally edit the proper template file, to solve?

(PS 1.6, default-bootstrap)

--

Thanks, Olivér

Edited by cisap (see edit history)