how to add a text box in a product description

Go to your Back Office > Catalog

Choose a product and open the product to the edit page.

Choose number 6. Customization

Change text fields to the number of text fields you would like. Click update settings.

You may now add a label/name to your text field. Click Save

To remove a text field reduce the text field amount and click update.

• Like 1

Ok, you will need to add another attribute.

Go to BO > Catalog

Choose Attributes and Groups

Click Add attributes group

Name and Public name can be Embroidery

Leave Color Group unchecked

Save

If it saved successfully you should now have a new Attribute Group named Embroidery.

Next Click Add attribute

For the Name use: No personalization

For the Group choose Embroidery

Let’s do that one more time,

Click Add attribute

For the Name use: Add Personalization

For the Group choose Embroidery

Now that you have Created the Attribute Group, you need to add the attribute to your product combinations.

You can add them one by one, or delete your current combinations and recreate them quickly with the Product combinations generator.

When you create the attribute combinations don't forget to set the attribute “Add Personalization” to increase the price.

This will give you a drop down selector box with the default “No Personalization set at 0 (no price increase)

And the 2nd choice Add Personalization that will increase the price and you have already made the customization text field to gather the information for the Embroidery in the other post.

Let me know how you get along.

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Don't know why I used Embroidery as an example. For some reason I thought of clothing items.

In your Attribute and Group you could offer different choices, regardless the steps are the same. :)

Hello Bill,

I have the same problem and I done like you said, BUT, if you choose ADD Personalization (+ $5), and then go to text box, write your text and choose SAVE, my all options above restarted, and returned to default comination (NO Personalization) :S

do you know why is like this?

Edited by svabacar (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

PLEASE HELP!!

I need help with adding text to attributes. I have 1 product listing, with 7 different variations. Each variation has it's own weight, height, strength, etc. I would like to have a text box to write in for each attribute rather than having multiple product pages. Am I missing something? Is there any free solutions to this? I have many products that have different attributes. But each one has a lot of details and it does not change by simply one attribute (like color).

Thank you!

Edited by generalexperts (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

PLEASE HELP!!

I need help with adding text to attributes. I have 1 product listing, with 7 different variations. Each variation has it's own weight, height, strength, etc. I would like to have a text box to write in for each attribute rather than having multiple product pages. Am I missing something? Is there any free solutions to this? I have many products that have different attributes. But each one has a lot of details and it does not change by simply one attribute (like color).

Thank you!

H,

me too I need to have the textbox attribute.

Did you found a solution ?

Thanks

angela

• 1 year later...

I have 2 questions regarding this issue:

1. Is there a way to put the Text attribute together with the other product's attributes?

2. How can I charge according to the number of characters entered by the customer?

Many Thanks