Limit the number of items in Products in the same category

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Go Products gategory Module -, open productscategory.php around

122 line

$categoryProducts = $category->getProducts((int)$cookie->id_lang, 1, 100); /* 100 products max. */

default 100 set to 10 example

$categoryProducts = $category->getProducts((int)$cookie->id_lang, 1, 10); /* 10 products max. */

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but the above answer does not solve the problem. I am having the same problem, except I want to increase the number of items shown on the page to 5 not 4. I have searched everywhere and cannot find the answer. Other modules have this choice in the configure section, but this one doesn't.

Peggy

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old post, but the above answer does not solve the problem. I am having the same problem, except I want to increase the number of items shown on the page to 5 not 4. I have searched everywhere and cannot find the answer. Other modules have this choice in the configure section, but this one doesn't.

Peggy

hello peggy  did you resolve  that?

regards

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

attachicon.gif2015-06-11 17_39_33-Modules • PS 1.6.0.14.png

in the Modules menu, search "Product in same category"

by default this module is not installed, so you need to install it and see the product page.

Hi Chris, I reckon all of us know about that. What we are looking for here in this thread is "how we can set how many -products in the same category- shown" on product page  :)

Edited by Ben90 (see edit history)

Go Products gategory Module -, open productscategory.php around

122 line

$categoryProducts = $category->getProducts((int)$cookie->id_lang, 1, 100); /* 100 products max. */

default 100 set to 10 example

$categoryProducts = $category->getProducts((int)$cookie->id_lang, 1, 10); /* 10 products max. */

Hi Ben90,

have you tried this?

the line number is depends on what version you use so search "products max" in that file.

Edited by Chris Mok (see edit history)

Cannot believe it was the solution...! I know this is the solution sometimes but havent thought of doing it since the beginning, thanks ! it works now.

Products does not appear randomly that is a pity (do you have a tips for that?) but thanks anyway !

Regards

Pierre

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

After moving some products order in BO, i have get a strange bug that limit the number product showing in the same category to 30 product max, and it skip the first 2 products that need to be showed.

Plus in manufacturer and supplier page now the products are not in category order but they stay only in alphabetic order.

How i can solve that bug ?

Where i need look if maybe something is become broken ? If maybe somethign have take a double id and is that conflict that cause the problem ?

Thanks

Edited by Derres (see edit history)

• 4 months later...