Upload for downloadable product not possible

I find it impossible to upload a file for my downloadable product.

The funny thing is that I have it on two different computers with two different PS versions (1.4.6.1 and 1.4.8.2). I wonder if I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what. My files are just small files of a few kilobytes.

When I checked the "download" directory I saw two files there - after lots of tries.

It is not a permission problem. I have it even on a Windows XP computer. What I see looks like some problem with naming.

I uploaded one file. In the download directory a file "b087876e2149cba9890b43c2d3668e119d484580" was added and then in the BO I saw the error message that it could not find file "d86c0e88a8731c5666ce1aee31c25801c7582b7d".

In fact it is an Opera problem. When I tried it in Google Chrome it worked. In Opera PS Ajax does not work here and so the file should be uploaded when the form is submitted and that goes somehow wrong.

• 7 months later...

I have the same issue on PS 1.4.2.5 - no upload remains in the download folder.

With Opera 12.12 b1707 the file appears to upload - I can see KBs uploading. Then once all data is transferred I get the msg

This product is missing:

/home/mpcomp/public_html/download/03db1389ecb6a042901babf07248d9eaf71d26f

I can upload via FTP but then cannot select the file from the BO nor can I rename as it is a 'random' name being generated.

Using IE 9 I can't even get 1byte to upload, the page immediately refreshes & I get the above msg.

I would really like to use this feature any help appreciated.

Thanks for the reply, I'd heard Opera had issues but IE is worse I think.

I hoped that upgrading wouldn't be the only option.

I have tried numerous times in the last 12 months to upgrade. All fail. Doesn't matter what I do, it works on a WAMP but never in a live environment.

& going further OT

I'd like to do a clean install & add my existing DB but that never works....

My only recovery option is to wipe the server partition & manually copy back the old data.

Subsequently I am reluctant to try as I know I'll lose a day of store activity & be no further forward. :rolleyes:

You are not the only one. Updating within 1.4 never gave me problems but I have twice aborted an upgrade to 1.5 because problems kept appearing. Now I intend to wait at least till 1.5.4. The reactions of the PS team suggested that I may need another theme. So much for backward compatability...

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

You can look into http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/prestashop-modules/38-batch-downloadable-product.html which lets you upload files using FTP, and mass assign them to products, or the more advanced http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/prestashop-modules/69-batch-downloadable-product-pro.html which lets you assign multiple files per product, files per attribute, as well as file + shippi cost.