All Modules crash after adding PayPal

PersGiG

hi

i tried a few times to add paypal

every time i add it says adding was successful but after no modules is loading on modules page

All of them disappear

I have to log on to server delete paypal folder and then they load again

My presta shop payment currency is British pound

I tried to disable all other payment modules to see if it helps

but no luck

Do you have any idea what is problem

I also checked the folder permission it was 755 so i assume it was ok

Regards

Hi PersGiG,

There was an SSL-related PayPal issue and corresponding fix posted here that you might want to try, but it could also just be a matter of your hosting provider's memory limit, so you may want to check with them about that as well.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

thanks for replay

i did remove the line

But still have the same problem

I contacted Namecheap as they are the hosting provider but they have no idea

the funny thing is as soon as show ok2.png

Module downloaded successfully

then it freez

is there any other suggestions?

please not this is even before installing the module

only uploading

Edited by PersGiG (see edit history)

Hi guys, I am experiencing the same issue here as well. I have uploaded via the install ps module area. But soon as I do that the error in paypal.php line 1362 comes up. I have emailed the developers about the concern but still, while that isn't working my customers are not able to use the shop.. FUN FUN!!

Anyways, the other thing is I thought this was a concern with V1.4.7.1 and not v1.4.7.3 which is what I am running. I though that was meant to be looked at and fixed up right?

So I think the stuff most of us have done so far are and to make sure everyone's on the same page;

You should of located the file /config/config.inc.php, and changed the following line;

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

to

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

and by doing this displays what actually is going wrong. Shows the error

Fatal error

: Cannot make static method ModuleCore::display() non static in class PayPal in h

ome/nonstoptech/public_html/shop/modules/paypal/paypal.php

on line

In this case, shows us that there is an error with the paypal.php file on line 1362. Now when I go to that line its quite funny because all its complaining about is some brackets which I'm not 100% on PHP so I don't have much info as to why that would be a concern.

As soon as this is removed from the modules folder on the host it than allows all the modules to load back in with no issues.

What versions of PS is everyone using, and has there been anyone that has loaded up paypal with no concerns?

Thanks

Kieren

• Like 1

Hi guys, I am experiencing the same issue here as well. I have uploaded via the install ps module area. But soon as I do that the error in paypal.php line 1362 comes up. I have emailed the developers about the concern but still, while that isn't working my customers are not able to use the shop.. FUN FUN!!

Anyways, the other thing is I thought this was a concern with V1.4.7.1 and not v1.4.7.3 which is what I am running. I though that was meant to be looked at and fixed up right?

So I think the stuff most of us have done so far are and to make sure everyone's on the same page;

You should of located the file /config/config.inc.php, and changed the following line;

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

to

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

and by doing this displays what actually is going wrong. Shows the error

Fatal error

: Cannot make static method ModuleCore::display() non static in class PayPal in h

on line

In this case, shows us that there is an error with the paypal.php file on line 1362. Now when I go to that line its quite funny because all its complaining about is some brackets which I'm not 100% on PHP so I don't have much info as to why that would be a concern.

As soon as this is removed from the modules folder on the host it than allows all the modules to load back in with no issues.

What versions of PS is everyone using, and has there been anyone that has loaded up paypal with no concerns?

Thanks

Kieren

Hi Nereik

I had Exact Problem and line 1362 is {

So i think they dont have any solution yet

thats why no one answers

Edited by PersGiG (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Just an update as to where we are at. Though this might help others out. Thanks for the reply PersGiG, its always good to hear back from other people having the same issues.

Update:

I have updated Prestashop to 1.4.8.2 tried the paypal module again, same error codes and same things happening. Hopefully the dev will get back to me about this. Emailed them again. Hopefully this issue gets solved soon.

In the meantime, I need to source another payment gateway for my shop, can anyone suggest anything that is similar to paypal for Australia. I have always used paypal only because of my customers (They either have herd or know of paypal which makes them more comfortable to buy things online). Any suggestions would be great! Thanks heaps. :)

Edited by nereik23 (see edit history)

Well this is great isn't it.

I have the exact same issue as your guys and honestly I'm amazed this hasn't been resolved within days of the developers (PRESTASHOP) having a solution.

I was getting errors but still able to process payments with paypal modules version 2.8.2 so I thought I'd check if there was a new version available low and behold there was 2.8.5 AH HA! I thought, that must be why I'm getting errors.

So like a FOOL I updated to the latest version of the paypal module and BOOM now I have a shop that can't accept money. losing customers left, right and centre.

Well done guys.

Yep, same here.. Losing customers as well, this is what represents me while I am on site. I like it how they haven't noticed this error in the actual paypal module site. Nothing in there says that there are any problems with the module yet. When they going to realize and than fix it! <_<

I went through the motions to update the shop to the 1.4.8.2 and noticed that PayPal was not there, I re-installed the module with the latest download 2.8.5 and once it installed, the shop module screen no longer resolved correctly... I deleted the Paypal folder from modules and got my shop back, but I have no way of accepting payment without PayPal....

where are we on this?

Hi wmdwebs, I just sent you an e-mail with the last version of the module PayPal. Can you test it and tell if it's okay ? Best regards,

I uploaded the file provided and the module seems to load, however it does not seem to want to take the api info when submitted.

the information is correct and was working prior to all the upgrade.

the error showing is:

Error !

You need to complete the PayPal identification Information in step 3 otherwise you won’t be able to accept payment.

Error !

You need to complete the PayPal identification Information in step 3 otherwise you won’t be able to accept payment.

any ideas?

OK, so I have uploaded the PAYPAL module, I have cheated alittle and extracted the paypal.zip file into a folder and uploaded the folder to the modules folder on the ftp. Let that load up and refreshed the modules page. From here I have been able to go into the paypal module and add in username, password and api info. Havn't completed a test purchase yet. Will have a mate to buy something off the shop and see how we go.

Just like to say thanks to Fabien Serny for your help in this mater. Really appreciate you getting back to us. Will update my results soon. Thanks again!!

Hi europablue,

Could you write on the report http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-4 and give details on the content of your cart (in way to be able to reproduce the bug) ?

We need quantity, price and tax of each product.

Hi wmdwebs,

Did you fill your credentials ?

This error appear only when credentials are not set.

Hi nereik23,

Thanks for your answer. Hope he will be okay. Do not hesitate to come back to me as soon as you will have a result.

Hi europablue,

Could you write on the report http://forge.prestas...om/browse/PNM-4 and give details on the content of your cart (in way to be able to reproduce the bug) ?

We need quantity, price and tax of each product.

Hi wmdwebs,

Did you fill your credentials ?

This error appear only when credentials are not set.

Hi nereik23,

Thanks for your answer. Hope he will be okay. Do not hesitate to come back to me as soon as you will have a result.

Hi Fabien - first, thanks again for replying to me to try to get this problem sorted.

I have put the credentials in 3 separate times, each time it I hit the save button it shows the error message even though the credential information still shows on the page in the form screen

The page has been refreshed several times and the credentials still show in the input fields as I had previously entered them.

- is there another location or .inf file that I could perhaps manually input the credentials?

Thanks again for the help

Dan

Thanks Fabien For the E-mail

But still Has Problem

The old Issue is Gone

Payment is Added with success

New problem is that paypal is not added under payment modules

It is added under other modules

and there is no way that you can add it as a payment gateway

So how can i resolve this issue

Regards

hi,

same issue here. Using 1.4.7.0 and I had to completely remove the paypal folder so I can access my modules. I tried to copy the new paypal module 2.8.7 and paypal 2.8.6 (this was the original) and now I get this:

Fatal error

on line

Any solution yet?

Thanks.

Fabien -

I can imagine you must be extremely busy over the PayPal issues, but we really could use some help getting the mod/api working - without it the shopping cart is near useless since we can not accept payment.

I am still stuck with the same original problem - the module does not appear to see the credentials that have been input - even though it shows them in the step by step wizard.

Is there a way to bypass the wizard and manually configure it?

Thank you!

Fabien -

I can imagine you must be extremely busy over the PayPal issues, but we really could use some help getting the mod/api working - without it the shopping cart is near useless since we can not accept payment.

I am still stuck with the same original problem - the module does not appear to see the credentials that have been input - even though it shows them in the step by step wizard.

Is there a way to bypass the wizard and manually configure it?

Thank you!

anyone have an answer on this?

Hi wmdwebs,

I fixed the problem on your installed and I updated the version on PrestaShop Addons.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if anyone has a problem with the module :)

Best regards,

Thanks for the help!

I am testing it now.

[sOLVED - Fatal error]

For those who have this error and think is from Paypal you can easy resolve it like this:

Error:

"Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'JSMinException' with message 'Unterminated string literal.' in /home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/tools/js_minify/jsmin.php:94 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/tools/js_minify/jsmin.php(235): JSMin->action(1) #1 /home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/tools/js_minify/jsmin.php(64): JSMin->min() #2 /home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/classes/Tools.php(1436): JSMin::minify('var _gaq = _gaq...') #3 /home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/classes/Tools.php(1423): ToolsCore::packJS('var _gaq = _gaq...') #4 [internal function]: ToolsCore::packJSinHTMLpregCallback(Array) #5 /home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/classes/Tools.php(1406): preg_replace_callback('/\s*(<script\b[...', Array, '<script type="t...') #6 /home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/config/smarty.config.inc.php(203): ToolsCore::packJSinHTML('<script type="t...') #7 /home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_filter_handler.php(57): smartyPackJSinHTML('<script type="t...', Object(Smarty_Internal_Templ in /home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/tools/js_minify/jsmin.php on line 94"

Go here: http://www.prestasho...845#entry845845

Simply change Compress inline JavaScript in HTML to Keep inline JavaScript in HTML as original and it will work.

Thanks.

Edited by misu3108 (see edit history)

Hi fabien i have downloaded the latest version of the paypal module however the paypal module wont show up in modules after a succesfull install

i have checked if the module has been uploaded using a ftp programme and all files are there but i cant seem to find it anywhere in the back office

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

Sorry for being so long. This is a working version (2.8.8.1) of the PayPal module on PrestaShop 1.4.

The 3.0 PayPal module version will be relase very soon, meanwhile you can use the 2.8.7 version.

Best regards,

Thanks Fabien

Worked like Charm on 1.4

Problem Resolved after creating Paypal API

I had to Untik Sandbox aswel

• 4 months later...