New Site too slow, help!

peanut

Have you installed and utilized "MemCached" ? If not, this should help along with a few other tweaks if not already implemented.

Memcached is a server site cache that uses the server memory to speed up PHP database queries. Similar to the mcrypt, you need to have Memcached complied and enabled in PHP on your server. When the Memcached cannot be used or enabled with the hosting provider, File System is the alternative option. File System cannot be used with an external server therefore it is always best to use Memcached for better site performance.

This is what my host provider (HostGator) has said:

To start with I checked for any issues on the server and I see the server loads are optimum

[root@in3 /home/---------/www/Store]# w

11:08:38 up 88 days, 23:23, 4 users, load average: 2.35, 2.52, 2.22

Under such ideal loads if the site is still loading slow the issues can be confined to the scripts or the MYSQL database.A proper Cache mechanism is must for improving site speeds since it minimizes the queries for databases and reduces the time to generate dynamic pages.A cache plugin would make a local repository of the dynamically generated pages and serve it as static html pages which would improve the site speeds by leaps and bounds.Do you happen to have a Cache module for the Prestashop installation ??

Furhter I have enabled slow query logs for MYSQL with a thresholsdof 5 seconds which would help us trace out queries which are taking more time to execute and you could get the queries restructured.

I'm not even sure what any of this means. I asked them if Memcached and PHP extension "mcrypt" are available on the server. Waiting for their answer.

I'm not sure what to do now.

This is typical answer from provider. They ALWAYS haven't a problem with a server.

I've seen many PrestaShop sites on shared hosting or VPS and when a shop was slow it was a hosting problem which dissapeared after hosting changing.

I have to agree with Tuk66. Although this is my first attempt with Prestashop, I have used several hosting providers and they all seem to have their pros and cons. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for in the hosting realm. Lots of companies advertise "unlimited bandwidth" but you really have no idea how many other websites are being shared on your same server, or even sharing your same SQL database with a different instance on it. Chances are the number is ludicrous. Unfortunately, I have found that moving your database is not that easy depending on your host and how much access you are given in the "PHP MyAdmin" area of your tables.

I tried to use the media server option by creating subdomains & redirecting it to www.mydomainname.com but it didn't work & wasn't loading the images.

I just updated the host a short while ago, didn't really have a problem till the upgrade to 1.4.7. Will moving the shop from subfolder to root help load the first page faster since it won't be a re-direction.

Your server does seem slow - I did a reverse DNS and whilst not highly accurate, you are sharing your site with around 80+ accounts which really should not cause a problem - but if one of those accounts is using a poor script and hogging resources you will suffer.

I would consider moving to a VPS or a dedicated server if funds permit. You will only find things get worse the more your host sells space on that server.

To answer your question on changing from sub to root - it will make nearly no difference I would think. One thing to look at is your Live Chat - its taking way too long to load - and is casuing a huge delay.

The best way to solve this problem is to calculate the amount of time spent function in the php code used to track the code is too time-consuming, can also be used to exclude the problem of server space

• 3 weeks later...

Wow check your hosting!!!

Hostgator sucks! I used it for only 48 hours then I cancelled it! They took my domain name too!!

I'm with TMD Hosting. So far I'm happy!

Your website looks so nice and deserve better hosting!!

Hi

So I got the following response from Hostgator about my site:

We can understand the problem you are facing due to the Internal Server Error but as we have checked the logs on server and found that the below processes from your account are using more than 25% resource from the allotted on whole server. When such processes start running (which consumes high CPU usage ) the system automatically suspend that processes and at that time you face the internal server error. This is the security we have implemented for all clients hosted on the server because your account is hosted on shared server and when any account consumes resource ultimately another accounts face problem due to that processes. We have applied this security on each an every shared server. For confirmation we have provided you the below processes logs which was of the problem you faced.

If you do not want to face su ch problem again and again, then we would suggest you to go for VPS hosting or prevent this issue from happening in future as soon as possible. For this regards you can consult this issue with your developer or Database administrator.

Feel free to contact us back for any further help you need.

Does anyone understand this? My shop is in a subfolder called Store, I don't understand why this particular error is looking for in my root folder:

File does not exist: /500.shtml

File does not exist: /public_html/robots.txt

Edited by peanut (see edit history)

And now they suspended my database user for as multiple scripts inside were causing high loading issues on the server.

I really don't understand whats going on with my site. I've never had to face such problems in almost 2 years. This is frustrating.

I'm thinking about Amazon Web hosting, anyone has any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thanks for replying tuk66, I've just moved my store to Amazon Web Services, so hoping that it would be resolved however my developer who is helping move the files says that my homepage is resource intensive and times out. I'm not sure why this was happening and have temporarily displayed the slideshow module and it seems to have slightly (marginally) load faster. Still not sure what is wrong with it. This happened after my store was upgraded to PS 1.4.7 and a new theme.