Authorize.Net not working

I just upgraded to verision PrestaShop™ 1.4.7.2 and have installed Authorize.net AIM (Advanced Integration Method) v1.3.1 by PrestaShop. Here is the issue when I enter all the required fields (Name, CC#, EXP, & [spam-filter]) When I go hit validate "NOTHING HAPPENS" I have tried this on test mode, live mode in presta shop, also test and live mode in authorize.net and still nothing!

The pages doesn't move nothing is happing when my customer's hit the validate button.

Things I have already tried manually entering my api login and transaction key.

Test mode vs Live mode

Enable and Disable Transaction Details API from authorize.net website

Are there any suggestion or tips to help me start using authorize.net?

I have read all the other post and still can't successfully process payments.

THANKS,

David

Hi David,

I was checking that because Authorize.net will not work without an active SSL certificate. If you do have one and it is activated via the Back Office (in the Preferences tab, under "Enable SSL"), I would ask that you post your URL so that I can try to take a look at this for you.

-Mike

The problem that no action occurs when I click on the "Validate Order" button seems to stem from the following line in the source code of the page:

<form name="authorizeaim_form" id="authorizeaim_form" action="https://www.myaffordablemed.com//modules/authorizeaim/validation.php" method="post">

Note the "//" between com and modules. It's odd that this is the only module that I've notice happens to. Can any please help in correcting this problem.

Hello Prestashop - I have the same problem with this module...I am able to see the payment credit card types - fill in all the information - click on the submit but nothing changes - the page just sits there without error or sucess message.

HELP!

Hi Mike,

I left authorize.net setting at Production and Prestashop at Test.

Should I change Authorize.net to Test and Prestashop to test mode? or both at test/test?

If you have one side on Test and the other on Production, Authorize.net will NOT work. Try setting them both to Test, ensuring you are using your "Test" credentials, and see if that works better for you. And when you switch to Production, make sure you are using your separate "Production" credentials.

-Mike

Hi,

I turned both to production and still no progress . The page just sits there when I clicked on validate order.

Can you please try resetting the module and re-entering the information, just to see if it works any better when you start from scratch? And again, make sure you have the proper credentials for test and production, as they are separate.

-Mike

Hi,

I reset the module. Entered in production id/key.

Make new purchase and try to check out.

Everything is good until the "Validate Order" it just sits there

Note: I am using a Test card # 444433332222111 - I would assume that the gateway would try to process and come back with invalid card #. I am getting nothing.

Hi, I reset the module. Entered in production id/key. Make new purchase and try to check out. Everything is good until the "Validate Order" it just sits there Note: I am using a Test card # 444433332222111 - I would assume that the gateway would try to process and come back with invalid card #. I am getting nothing.

Hi JLOTARIO,

Please try the suggestions posted here. This appears to be a configuration issue, so that should be able to help you out.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I tried test/production combo per the link you gave me - still no success.

I wish prestashop displays some kind of message or something to tell us what is wrong.

It just sits there in silence.

Thanks

You can turn on error reporting by opening your config/config.inc.php file and setting "display_errors" to "on"

Go ahead and give that a try and let me know if you get any sort of error message.

-Mike

I'm also having an authorize.net issue. I've searched all of the forms and I believe it is an SSL error, but not sure.

Authorize.net returned a malformed response, aborted.

I've tried editing header and frontcontroller. I've uninstalled and reinstalled authorize.net v1.3.

My prestashop is v1.4.7. I have SSL and it is enabled. When I edited the header and/or frontcontroller it gave me a page redirect error (looping).

The correct page (modules/authorizeaim/validation.php) is in the modules folder like it's supposed to be, but it should just be parsing the payment correct? It is not in my DB so maybe that's the problem?

My coding skills are lacking so any help would be greatly appreciated. This was supposed to be working two days ago....

The cart is: http://www.explorestoreonline.org/

Hi Mike,

I did verify the "module/" and it's valid on my FTP. I think it's a coding error on the authorize.net aim module showing the TWO forward slashes (//) <form name="authorizeaim_form" id="authorizeaim_form" action="https://www.myaffordablemed.com//modules/authorizeaim/validation.php" method="post"> Every other module is working correctly on my website. Please advise any solutions to get authorize.net module to work properly? I see a few other users are having similiar issues it would be interesting to see if there having my "//" error too?

If you have the $75 get the presto changeo module for authorize.net. Seriously, it works in 5 seconds. Presta shops module is not coded to give you error messages, which makes it useless for debugging.

Right now no online payment form will work. Paypal or Authorize.net. Paypal just gets stuck and Authorize.net gives me the error message.....

I did order a different authorize.net module for $49, but that one gets caught in a redirect loop.

It makes me wonder if there is a problem with my SSL certificate or soemthing since NO payment modules currently work.

However being a complete newb at this I don't even know where to look.

What is your url greek geek goddess, and where did you buy the module from? They should be able to give you support also.

edit:

Greek, I didn't enter any payment, but your seems to be working. One thing you might want to consider is using Wordpress with event espresso for your ticket sales. It would put your tickets in a different shopping cart program, but it is great for selling tickets.

Also, Mike her cart has a weird bug that one of mine has too. The validation for the form trips on the first and last name, even though you have them entered. I have a cart that does that randomly, with no rhyme or reason.

• Like 1

DesignHaus42 it appears to work now (YAY) until you enter in your credit information. Then I get this warning:

There is 1 error :

1. The shopping cart has yet to be setup properly by the merchant. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The Login and Key are correct. I still can't get default authorize.net to work either. They (http://www.egrovesys.com/prestashop-authorizenet.html) are working on the one I purchased to fix the issue.

WP is a good idea however since this is for a Non-profit Corp they want to use Authorize.net because that's how everything else they do is processed. I setup PayPal only as a temp until Authorize.net works.

Thanks guys for your suggestions and advice. I'll keep everyone apprised.

One thing to try is to hand type the api and login in. I know it sounds silly, but I have had it pick up something extra in the past by pasting it.

Also why the error reporting is so important, you can contact authorize.net and see if the actual request is making it to their system.

• Like 1

Thanks dh! :D

The issue was that we weren't using the API key at all. They gave me their Login ID and Password rather than the API Login and Key. :rolleyes:

Anyone else having this issue you (or the person getting you the information) must do the following:

1. Log into their authorize.net account.

2. Click settings (on left)

3. Under security section select API

4. The Login is the numbers/letters at the top

5. Enter in secret password to access the Transaction Key.

Hope that helps someone else out there. Thanks to everyone for helping me solve this!

NOTE: I did have to edit /classes/FrontController.php line #87 first. Click here to see how.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same exact problem! I hit validate order button and nothing happens!

Prestashop ver.1.4.7.3 , Authorize.net AIM (Advanced Integration Method) v1.3.1 by PrestaShop. This is a newly deployed site www.homegoodsoutlet.com It is on a dedicated server with SSL enabled on server and SSL enabled on prestashop preferences. In either 1page checkout or with 5page checkout when a customer hits "validate" order, nothing happens! This has occurred in more than 1 browser and cache is always cleared before attempting another order.

Using Authorize.net as payment gateway. module is installed, configured with proper Login ID and Key. It is in production mode and my Authorize.net account is NOT set to test. I am using a purchased template but also tried completeing order with default template and the same...nothing happens when validate order is pressed. Im running out of things to try.

Can someone please help! Im losing business daily!

Thank you very much!

Diane

Yes, I already knew how to get my login (API) and key. So, that is not the problem I'm having. I hit validate order....and NOTHING!

I will keep at it. I tried to solve this for 14 straight hours on Saturday. Here I go again....

This is from a different forum. Maybe it'll help?

Yes, we are using the correct Login ID.

However I have SOLVED this :-)

Authorize.net should work properly for testing if any of the following conditions are met:

Authorize.net: Test

Prestashop: Test

Authorize.net: Live

Prestashop: Test

Authorize.net: Test

Prestashop: Production

However, only this last combination worked, so it seems as if there might be a bug in the code for the Prestashop test mode (I'm using PS 1.4.0.17). When I put the Authorize.net module in Production mode (with Authorize.net settings in Test Mode) everything works!

Hi Miss Goddess, and thanks for your help!! I notice you signed into my shop. Still no luck here, with any of the combinations of test/production. I'm going to purchase the new module to see if that helps. I'll let you know!!

Diane

• 5 months later...

Hi All...

We took over maintenance of an existing site that uses PrestaShop v 1.4.4.0 with Authorize.net AIM v 1.4.3. Unfortunately, we didn't take over the hosting and have not yet gotten FTP access to the site. I've manually re-entered the API ID & Key, uninstalled & reinstalled the AIM module, tried the different combos of Test/Prod... all to no avail. I'm still getting nowhere when clicking the "Validate order button". I'd love to try downgrading the AIM module but don't know where to locate the older modules. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

Clem

• 4 weeks later...

Im not really getting an error at all, it just doesnt show up. Ive even tried the SSL fix from 1.4.7 but no avail. If i downgrade it to 1.4.3 it will show up but will not authorize transactions and if i click the upgrade button, its no longer available as a payment option. Even after allowing it in every country.

E-check works fine and so does paypal.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently upgraded from 1.4.6.2 to 1.4.9.0 and when attempting to enter the api login and transaction key into the authorize.net module (version 1.4.3) nothing happens. It will not save the information. A message pops up saying configuration saved but there is no information in the fields. Then when trying to use a credit card on the it of course says the login info is incorrect since the info cannot be saved in the module. I've reinstalled the module and the same thing happens.

Edited by macleoddcn (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I've been battling with the same issue for about a year.

I finally found someone who re coded the Authorize.net script and got it working.

Would you be interested in getting a copy of the patch?

I'd like to recoup my money. If your interested contact me at [email protected]

Its a relief to have it working!

• 5 months later...

Hello PrestaShop Members,

I recently am running into the same issue with PrestaShop 1.5.4.1 using Authorize.net 1.4.4. This is a new install of PrestaShop (not being upgraded from other versions) and have tried downgrading from 1.4.4 (of Authorize.net) to 1.3 and still having the same issue.

When I place an order on the store and use Authorize.net to process the order I receive:

Authorize.net returned a malformed response, aborted.

I have contacted Authorize.net to see if they are even receiving transactions or pings from the website and they said they see nothing on their end. I have regenerated a transaction key and have verified that I am putting in the API transaction information not my Authorize.net login information. When I try and use the Authorize.net login information vs API login information (just to test) I get an error within the OPC page that says I have invalid login information. Only until I put in the correct API information do I get the above error.

I have tested in both test mode on the site and through Authorize.net and still running into the same issue.

Just wondering if anyone has run into this issue with 1.5.4.1 and if so, what are some recommendations you can make?

Thank you for your help!

**UPDATE**

Hello PrestaShop Members,

So I spent about 6 hours last night continuing to troubleshoot this issue. I found out that it had nothing to do with PrestaShop or the Authorize.net module. 

I tested the store I was giving me issues with an Authorize.net account I knew worked perfectly on another store. As soon as I put those login credentials in and did a test order, everything worked great! This brought me to the realization that it had nothing to do with the software and it had to be with the verification between the store and Authorize.net.

After spending about 30-minutes with Authorize.net support (great support by the way) we came to the conclusion that since the account was so old (opened in 2006) we needed to create a new gateway and port everything over. Now if you use reoccurring transactions on Authorize.net this might be a bit of work, but since this situation didn't call for that making the move was fairly simple (for me at least).

Over the past two days I've spoken with about 3 - 4 reps at Authorize.net and non of them had ever heard of the error (Authorize.net returned a malformed response, aborted.).

Hope this information helps anyone making the move from an old shopping cart to PrestaShop.

• Like 1

**UPDATE**

After updating the API login information we were still receiving errors, but at least they were different from the original. 

One thing you want to keep in mind (when moving from an old shopping cart) is make sure there is no Relay Response URL in your Authorize.net account. To see if there is a relay response in place login to Authorize.net, navigate to Account > Relay Response. If there is a URL present in there, delete it and leave it blank, then submit.

After I confirmed that there was no longer a URL in relay response, I then did a test order. I was now receiving an error:

... City is required (don't recall the exact error, but basically means that Authorize.net did not receive the City, which is required according the their support). 

I found out that City, State, Country & Phone number are all required (according to Authorize support) in order to complete a transaction. So in order to make sure these perameters were added I had to edit the /modules/authorizeaim/validation.php file.

Starting on line 65 (Old Code)

$params = array(
	'x_test_request' => (bool)Configuration::get('AUTHORIZE_AIM_DEMO'),
	'x_invoice_num' => (int)$_POST['x_invoice_num'],
	'x_amount' => number_format((float)$cart->getOrderTotal(true, 3), 2, '.', ''),
	'x_exp_date' => Tools::safeOutput($_POST['x_exp_date_m'].$_POST['x_exp_date_y']),
	'x_address' => Tools::safeOutput($invoiceAddress->address1.' '.$invoiceAddress->address2),
	'x_city' => Tools::safeOutput($invoiceAddress->city),
	'x_zip' => Tools::safeOutput($invoiceAddress->postcode),
	'x_first_name' => Tools::safeOutput($customer->firstname),
	'x_last_name' => Tools::safeOutput($customer->lastname),
	'x_version' => '3.1',
	'x_delim_data' => true,
	'x_delim_char' => '|',
	'x_relay_response' => false,
	'x_type' => 'AUTH_CAPTURE',
	'x_method' => 'CC',
	'x_solution_id' => 'A1000006',
	'x_login' => Tools::safeOutput(Configuration::get('AUTHORIZE_AIM_LOGIN_ID')),
	'x_tran_key' => Tools::safeOutput(Configuration::get('AUTHORIZE_AIM_KEY')),
	'x_card_num' => Tools::safeOutput($_POST['x_card_num']),
	'x_card_code' => Tools::safeOutput($_POST['x_card_code']),
);

Replace with

$params = array(
	'x_test_request' => (bool)Configuration::get('AUTHORIZE_AIM_DEMO'),
	'x_invoice_num' => (int)$_POST['x_invoice_num'],
	'x_amount' => number_format((float)$cart->getOrderTotal(true, 3), 2, '.', ''),
	'x_exp_date' => Tools::safeOutput($_POST['x_exp_date_m'].$_POST['x_exp_date_y']),
	'x_address' => Tools::safeOutput($invoiceAddress->address1.' '.$invoiceAddress->address2),
	'x_city' => Tools::safeOutput($invoiceAddress->city),
	'x_state' => Tools::safeOutput($invoiceAddress->id_state),
	'x_zip' => Tools::safeOutput($invoiceAddress->postcode),
	'x_country' => Tools::safeOutput($invoiceAddress->id_country),
	'x_first_name' => Tools::safeOutput($customer->firstname),
	'x_last_name' => Tools::safeOutput($customer->lastname),
	'x_phone' => Tools::safeOutput($invoiceAddress->phone),
	'x_version' => '3.1',
	'x_delim_data' => true,
	'x_delim_char' => '|',
	'x_relay_response' => false,
	'x_type' => 'AUTH_CAPTURE',
	'x_method' => 'CC',
	'x_solution_id' => 'A1000006',
	'x_login' => Tools::safeOutput(Configuration::get('AUTHORIZE_AIM_LOGIN_ID')),
	'x_tran_key' => Tools::safeOutput(Configuration::get('AUTHORIZE_AIM_KEY')),
	'x_card_num' => Tools::safeOutput($_POST['x_card_num']),
	'x_card_code' => Tools::safeOutput($_POST['x_card_code']),
);

After I made those updates I was able to get everything to validate and place an order. Please let me know if you have any questions.

• 1 year later...

**UPDATE**

After updating the API login information we were still receiving errors, but at least they were different from the original. 

One thing you want to keep in mind (when moving from an old shopping cart) is make sure there is no Relay Response URL in your Authorize.net account. To see if there is a relay response in place login to Authorize.net, navigate to Account > Relay Response. If there is a URL present in there, delete it and leave it blank, then submit.

After I confirmed that there was no longer a URL in relay response, I then did a test order. I was now receiving an error:

This is what ultimately fixed my problem.

I was getting the "Authorize.net returned a malformed response, aborted. error and it was driving me crazy!

Thank you!