Installing Prestashop in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with Auto-scale and Multi-AZ RDS

Hi,

I'm planning to do some load testing with Prestashop in the Amazon Web Services.

I've been designing the basic architecture, as it can be seen in the attached file.

post-324910-0-92105300-1333114041_thumb.png

Right now, I have the following doubts:

1. Does this diagram look reasonable? I mean, does anyone detect some kind of mistake in the architecture?
  2. Does Prestashop store any files in the server filesystem in case I use a CDN such as CloudFront? I ask this because in my architecture I'm assuming that all the files are served from a CDN, and therefore there is no need to have a disk sync tool between all the Amazon EC2 servers. Am I missing something here?
  3. Has anyone tried that kind of installation before?

Thank you!

Related question in the AWS forums:

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Any update on your trial with Amazon AWS.

I have tried without loadbalancer and everything works fine.

I have even tried setting up with Nginx and Memcached but couldnt find much difference in normal testing which is obvious i think.

Cloudfront just delivers the static files like images, .js and templates. In that case also the source is your webroot which might require sync.

Curious to know your test results.

• 5 years later...

The ELB (load balancer) altern connections to both instances (web servers). Both instances must have accessing to buckets (files uploads) and RDS and it seems the 1st instance haven't bucket connection.

On the other side RDS is a Multi A-Z, I'm not sure about the costs of MultiA-Z, but shops usually don't need it (if you aren't Amazon, Ebay  or similar). Usually is enough have DBs in the nearest region. 

ecityman - A load balancer is a very nice solution to speed up connections. Moreover there are many solutions for CMS's. Is a good idea inititializing aws and prestashop all in one instance, but step by step you must go evolving to more efficient and secure architecture. I would add the following improvements:

1. Separate DB from instance using RDS.
  2. Move data uploads (product images) to S3.
  3. Configure a Load Balancer (ELB).
  4. Make some rules to deploy/retract instances.
  5.  etc, etc, etc

I enclosed a diagram about a load balancer with subnets in a segure way. The WEBAPPS has separately Database and DATA. 

design-aws-ps.png

• 2 years later...
On 4/11/2018 at 7:06 AM, dr7tbien said:

The ELB (load balancer) altern connections to both instances (web servers). Both instances must have accessing to buckets (files uploads) and RDS and it seems the 1st instance haven't bucket connection.

On the other side RDS is a Multi A-Z, I'm not sure about the costs of MultiA-Z, but shops usually don't need it (if you aren't Amazon, Ebay  or similar). Usually is enough have DBs in the nearest region. 

ecityman - A load balancer is a very nice solution to speed up connections. Moreover there are many solutions for CMS's. Is a good idea inititializing aws and prestashop all in one instance, but step by step you must go evolving to more efficient and secure architecture. I would add the following improvements:

1. Separate DB from instance using RDS.
  2. Move data uploads (product images) to S3.
  3. Configure a Load Balancer (ELB).
  4. Make some rules to deploy/retract instances.
  5.  etc, etc, etc

I enclosed a diagram about a load balancer with subnets in a segure way. The WEBAPPS has separately Database and DATA. 

design-aws-ps.png

Do you ever use cloudformation to configure something like this?