Can not install version 1.4.6.2

Hello,

I just downloaded Prestashop 1.4.6.2 and when i start the install wizard after completing the permissions steps i am directed to entering database details. After i enter the DB details i click "Verify" and it confirms that db details are correct. Then i click "Next" and nothing happens.

The ajax loading circle rotates and the install does not go to next step. If i reload the page it displays "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in .......config/settings.inc.php on line 13"

If i open this file through ftp to see what is in there i can see this :

define('_MEDIA_SERVER_1_', ');
define('_MEDIA_SERVER_2_', ');
define('_MEDIA_SERVER_3_', ');

Your install wizard seems buggy. Unfortunately i do not see any other way to install latest stable version :(

Update: Made a debug of your install script and found that my php.ini had

magic_quotes_runtime = On

Guys you better check your verification step, it gave me OK for Magic quotes but did not checked magic_quotes_runtime :lol:

Hello,

I just downloaded Prestashop 1.4.6.2 and when i start the install wizard after completing the permissions steps i am directed to entering database details. After i enter the DB details i click "Verify" and it confirms that db details are correct. Then i click "Next" and nothing happens.

The ajax loading circle rotates and the install does not go to next step. If i reload the page it displays "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in .......config/settings.inc.php on line 13"

If i open this file through ftp to see what is in there i can see this :

define('_MEDIA_SERVER_1_', ');
define('_MEDIA_SERVER_2_', ');
define('_MEDIA_SERVER_3_', ');

Your install wizard seems buggy. Unfortunately i do not see any other way to install latest stable version :(

Hi,

I also had a same problem and I found a solution.

Make sure that your php.ini and php5.ini are empty or contains only:

magic_quotes_gpc = off;
magic_quotes_runtime = off;

Worked for me.

I created both files and put them in the root folder and then tried to install again and it still gets stuck on step 3.

I tried doing a search on the bug tracker and found this issue, but I wasn't able to make heads or tails out of the information provided. I didn't see a solution any where.

Thanks for your reply, Any other ideals? I posted a new threat about this but no one has answered. Also posted a bug report several hours, but haven't receive a reply yet. Any idea how long it takes to get a reply?

I have been working on this for several days, this is soooo frustrating, I love everything I have seen about prestashop,

Thanks

Dan

Hi,

I also had a same problem and I found a solution.

Make sure that your php.ini and php5.ini are empty or contains only:

magic_quotes_gpc = off;
magic_quotes_runtime = off;

Worked for me.

for those without access to their php.ini (most shared severs) you should call your hosting company and have them assist you. As noted these are not in 'most' roots, but are in places that 'most' can not access. However that being said you can try this:

open your .htaccess(if you do not have one, then create one, in your root/home directory)

add the following line.

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off

OK I created the .htaccess file and put it in the root directory. Then I got this error: "IIS Password This page can not be displayed.

Also, I don't have access to the php.ini and php5.ini files.

see: http://www.webtechquery.com/index.php/2010/05/iispassword-the-page-cannot-be-displayed/

I have no experience with IIS. The previous link just tells you to remove .htaccess. Might be a time to call your hosting provider and explain the situation.