No Customer order or registration confirmation email being sent

Hello!

I am using prestashop 1.4.4.1 vesion. I can't receive any e-mail order confirmations and when a customer registers account they do not receive the welcome email.

What is more, the contact form have the same problem.

But when I go to my BO under Preferences/E-mail and send a test e-mail, it does arrive, so I really do not understand where the problem lies.

Is maybe anyone else having the same problems or maybe knows what to do in order to start receiving order confirmation e-mails and the e-mails from the contact form again?

the attach files is my configuration

Any help is welcome.

Thank you and best regards

post-280365-0-27574200-1321523203_thumb.jpg

Do you have the correct shop email address in Preferences>Contact information?

For contact form email check you have the correct email address in Employees>Contacts.

For order confirmation emails you need to install the Mail alerts module in Modules>Adminstration>Mail alerts

• Like 2

Do you have the correct shop email address in Preferences>Contact information?

For contact form email check you have the correct email address in Employees>Contacts.

For order confirmation emails you need to install the Mail alerts module in Modules>Adminstration>Mail alerts

Thank you addict . I have checked the some position and now some still can not be solved.

1. Customers receive a registration e-mail, merchants do not receive

2. from the contact us of front office, customer does not receive the message merchants reply, merchants receive a message ; An error occurred while sending e-mail to customer.

3. Customer have not received the order email, merchants receive the order e-mail

I'm thinking there must be a problem with your email settings. Try sending a test email to an email address that's not hosted on your server.

1.Mail alerts v2.2 by PrestaShop

Sends e-mail notifications to customers and merchants. this module has been install successfully

2.Preferences>Contact information shop email

3.Employees>Contacts.

all last email is the same one and i am sure that is right

I have Try sending a test email to an email address that's not hosted on your server. And i have seem the test mail in my mailbox ,the content is "This is a test message, your server is now available to send email"

The attach file is the email setting and error Prompt

Thank you,look forward your reply ,my mail address :[email protected] and if necessary i can provide my prestashop back office login.

post-280365-0-51322500-1321597854_thumb.jpg

post-280365-0-13516900-1321597877_thumb.jpg

post-280365-0-00372600-1321597906_thumb.jpg

post-280365-0-37552700-1321598159_thumb.jpg

Your settings look fine to me. However, I'm not sure if a hosted email address like Hotmail is creating any issues. Do you not have a @airmax360fr.com email you can use.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about the mail system in prestashop to check it out.

Hopefully someone may come along to offer better advice.

Hi airmax,

In this situation, the issue is often that your emails are being blocked by a spam detector. Please be sure to check your SMTP settings to see if this may be causing you any issues.

-Mike

Thank you Mike

The problem has been fixed.

but I have a little doubt, why the @live.com end of the hotmail(for example [email protected]) registered customer can not receive the welcome message, others(hotmail,gmail,yahoo mail) are very good.smile.gif

Looking forward to your reply,thank you Mike

Best Regards

Thank you Mike

The problem has been fixed.

but I have a little doubt, why the @live.com end of the hotmail(for example [email protected]) registered customer can not receive the welcome message, others(hotmail,gmail,yahoo mail) are very good.smile.gif

Looking forward to your reply,thank you Mike

Best Regards

Hi airmax,

I'm glad I could help out! As for @live.com email addresses, I'm not very sure but I'll try to look into this for you,

-Mike

• 9 months later...

i have a same problem today..

and i tried some tips that i'm not sure if this is a right solution, but it works for me

what i have todo is:

1. uninstall mail alert modul

2. install again mail alert modul

3. set up again mail alert modul configuration

4. try it to make a test order

NOTE:

1. with my steps above, I still didnt receive mail order notification if i try to make a test order in firefox, but if try in chrome, i did receive mail notification

2. in firefox i didnt receive mail notification, what i recieved is these kind of emails:

-email 1-

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]

Domain mydomain.com has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (5/5 (45%)) allowed. Message discarded.

-email 2-

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:

host mta6.am0.yahoodns.net [74.6.136.244]: 553 5.7.1 [bL21] Connections will not be accepted from 111.68.113.242, because the ip is in Spamhaus's list; see http://postmaster.ya...m/550-bl23.html

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I am having the similar challenge: I am setting up a Prestashop 1.5.4.1. It is in Swedish and in English. I am having problems with mail alerts to admin /store e-mail, when placing an order + sending from contact-form. I thought always, but after troubled the host and mail server company with many questions, when I switched to English, it works.

From what I can see and understand, I have all templates in both languages mail alerts. The only difference is an index.php in the English folder, which I don't know shoul be in both language folders

I did try with and without changes indicated in http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/221515-solved-bug-in-module-mailalerts-no-mails-to-admin/, but so far with the same result.

I have implemented changes indicated at http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/content/9-fix-email-problems and other sites.

It works to send e-mails from back end to the customer, all mesages, orders etc sent to Prestashop is registred properly. The host site5 has confirmed that there are no errors at their side, it is something inside Prestashop that is causing this.

This seems to be an issue for many people. Anyone who can take us closer to a solution?

I am also having the same challenge. I am using Prestashop Version 1.5.4.1

Test Mail is working!

Mails are not send to Merchant nor to the Customers on the following Conditions:

1. New Registration

2. Order Confirmation

3. Status Change (Order)

Basically none of the emails working....

I did follow all of the tips above. the status is same......

I have noticed one more error now. While registering as a new customer, and opt in for newsletter and offers it's not updated in the profile. However, if i go to the profile and opt in for news alerts, it's getting updated.... Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks

Wjohn

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the same problem...

I use PS 1.6.0.9

customers contacts : [email protected]
PREFERENCES - STORE CONTACTS : [email protected]
ADVANCED PARAMETERS - E-MAIL
Use PHP's mail() function (recommended; works in most cases)
Send a test email to : [email protected]

when i mail test my mail that is a hotmail, it works...

And when i use the [email protected] it wont work...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

same problem here.

The e-mail send test works, but no e-mail is sent to costumer when he registers.

My settings are PHP mail() and send .html format. Send email after registr. is enabled. PS 1.6.0.8

What is the name of .html file for the registration confirmation? Maybe it is just that there is no such file.

Edited by nicola82 (see edit history)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Everyone seems to be overlooking the most obvious reason. Sendmail versus SMTP. It was proposed to me recently to try STMP because I was also having issues. My server always properly uses Sendmail regardless of platform (ie. Wordpress, Zen Cart, Magento, Joomla, etc) and has never had problems sending.

However, in the case of Prestashop my e-mails were not sending. I changed my mail from sendmail to SMTP and my problem was solved. See the screenshots:

Step 1: Change Mail Delivery Settings
post-1074395-0-90499800-1455030758_thumb.png

Step 2: Test

post-1074395-0-79512700-1455030772_thumb.png

I would bet this will fix the problem for many of you. At least it worked for me and once again never had issues using sendmail till Prestashop. Not complaining just mentioning baed upon my experience. During testing all my e-mails sent properly. I believe using SMTP should be more reliable than sendmail.

Edited by clubbuilder (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have an issue with emails on Prestashop 1.6.0.9 with MulstiStore enabled.

The emails are working fine for the default store but for all the others the emails are not being sent. Bellow is a list with the situations when the emails are not being sent:

1. Client is not receiving welcome message on registration

2. Client is not receiving order confirmation email

3. Admin is not receiving New Order email (Mail alerts module is installed and enabled). Each store has it's own email address like [email protected], [email protected], etc

I tried with both options PHP mail and SMTP. Both are working for default store but not for others.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thank you