Problem installing 1.4.4.1

Hello everyone,

I've downloaded the latest version, prestashop1.4.4.1 . I tried to install in locally with Xampp.

I performed all the installation steps up to the fourth step, shop configuration, when completed this step, I give Next, the page appears the arrow moves around, but anything happend and Prestashop doesn't give any error.

Could you help me?

Thank you very much

>Version 1.4.4 can not installed locally.

I think maybe because your local computer has not configured the email function correctly or never configured.

Just do as Dave L suggested to remove check box for sending email, you should be able to install it.

All my development sites are installed on my local computer.

Just had exactly the same thing.

I found a post about it here somewhere.

Un-check that box about receiving emails (forgot the exact name) and hit Next again.

Work like a charm for me.

Hi Dave,

I didn't check box about receiving emails. ??

Thank you

Im having the same problem trying to install on local ubuntu 11.04 lamp vm. I`ve successfully installed it on the same machine yesterday, added some themes and got the pages a bit messed up (maybe bad module configurations), so i deleted the application directory and db and since then it doesnt go beyond "shop configuration" installation step.

I also upgraded my vmware player from 3 to 4 today but i dont see how it can be related to the problem.