Paypal doesn't confirm the payment in prestashop

Hi,

I have a problem with paypal. I've done the correct setup for the sandbox and I'm able to do the payment in paypal.

But when automatically returning to my shop I get the message is that I do not have an order and the payment isn't confirmed. In my shopping card the selected items are still there. When I check the email communications in the paypal sandbox it is cleary stated that the payment has been made.

What am I missing, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

With kind regards,

Geert

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah! i have the same problem too. Bruno, et al, we need your expert assistance here please... Thank you!

To give you guys an idea, here is the scenario:

After processing in paypal, when it goes to the file "order-confirmation.php" on line 9-10:

if (!$id_order OR !$id_module)

Tools::redirect('history.php');

because it goes to history.php page without inserting the order, the insert will start on line 13:

$order = new Order(intval($id_order));

So the problem is either no order id ($id_order) or no module id ($id_module).

Please help us, thanks!

Hello, anybody? does anybody here tested the paypal module on a sandbox, cuz i cannot use the sandbox for this?

This is what i got from the apache access log"

"POST /prestashop/modules/paypal/validation.php HTTP/1.0" 200 165

"GET /prestashop/order-confirmation.php?key= HTTP/1.1" 302 6692

"GET /prestashop/history.php HTTP/1.1" 200 12412

as you will notice, the "key" has no value on the "order-confirmation.php" coming from paypal.

Hello,

Anybody? I dunno why this is getting ignored, payment gateway integration especially paypal is the most important feature of this app. Yet they dont make a full test on it. The error is if it goes to paypal, it doesn't  insert on the "orders" table, that's why when it goes back from paypal --> order-confirmation.php page, on the line:

-- code fragment from order-confirmation.php --

$id_order = Order::getOrderByCartId(intval($id_cart));

there's an sql stmt like : "SELECT id_order FROM ps_orders WHERE id_cart = $id_cart"

since there's no insertion on the orders table happened, definitely no record will be fetched by that select stmt,

so it will return a boolean false. then it goes to "history.php"

if (!$id_order OR !$id_module)

Tools::redirect('history.php');

-- end code fragment from order-confirmation.php --

hello prestashop authors? hope this will help you to debug the paypal module.

Hi all,

And there was me thinking it was just me getting ignored on this PayPal Issue.

A problem (albeit slightly different) still exists in the 1.0 RC2 version - this time it just doesnt actually report anything back to Prestshop let alone an error!!!

Really am disappointed with the silence coming from the PS Team - Fine if theres a problem let us know, is it being worked on or not?

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of response on this; we should've checked back earlier.  :-

We were having trouble reproducing this error, lots of trouble in fact.  The Paypal module is working fine for us in our tests and for our French clients.

Then we finally realized that it's a bug with Paypal outside of France.

Bruno has obtained access to a non-French PrestaShop user's account and is spearheading an effort to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

I'll report back here as soon as I have any news.

We apologize again for the inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi superstockhx,

Unfortunately we can't give you a specific time for the next release (RC3); ideally we'll have it out by Friday or next Monday. However, we do not guarantee delivery dates for RCs, so it may take a little longer than that.  Rest assured that Paypal is a top priority -- in fact, we won't release RC3 without it!

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience.

Just another Prestashop user who's experienced the same thing!

The orders are processed fine in my sandbox accounts (both buyer and seller - well done!),

but upon return to the store, I get the 'you have no order history' business as well.

EAgerLY awaiting the fix please...

Bijou

Same problem coming from belgium and in french ...

18/04/2008

J'ai exactement le même problème. :(

Au retour de PayPal s'affiche le message "Vous n'avez passé aucune commande.".

Côté PayPal tout à l'air en ordre.

J'essaye de debugger mais je n'arrive pas à piger ce qui se passe et pour moi cela devient très urgent.

Donc, si quelqu'un sait quoi, je l'en remercie à l'avance.

21/04/2008

Pour info, je suis en version 0.9.7 et travaille à partir de la belgique.

Et voilà, ce que je trouve dans l'apache acces log :

"GET /order.php?step=1 HTTP/1.1" 200 3517 "http://www.flashsales.net/history.php"

"POST /order.php HTTP/1.1" 200 3443 "http://www.flashsales.net/order.php?step=1"

"POST /order.php HTTP/1.1" 200 3392 "http://www.flashsales.net/order.php"

"POST /modules/paypal/validation.php. HTTP/1.0" 404 340 "-" "-"

"GET /order-confirmation.php HTTP/1.1" 302 2218 "-"

"GET /history.php HTTP/1.1" 200 2992 "-"

De bonnes nouvelles très bientôt  :D ou vais-je devoir jeter tout à la poubelle  :'( ?

:D :D :D :D :D Bingo, my problem is resolved  :D :D :D :D :D

The problem was generated by an invalid cut and paste  ::)

Look at the following line comming from the log :

The correct line should be :

"POST /modules/paypal/validation.php HTTP/1.0" 404 340 "-" "-"

without the point (.) after ....php

I have cut and paste that line from the administration panel, payment module, paypal, configuration into Paypal  without making attention to the end point. ::)

;) Note also that the url's shown there are invalid because a slash (/) is missing:

http://www.flashsales.netmodules/paypal/validation.php'>http://www.flashsales.netmodules/paypal/validation.php

http://www.flashsales.net/modules/paypal/validation.php

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with RC2 and would like to know if the PrestaShop team are any closer to resolving the issue yet.

If it's not fixed soon I'm going to have to look elsewhere, which is a shame because PrestaShop does appear to be one of the better free/open source e-commerce solutions out there.

Hi everybody!

We finally managed to settle the problem with PayPal, this fix is included in RC3.

Enclosed is a zip file to replace your current PayPal module, you ha ve to unzip it into the "modules" directory.

This is only a "quick fix", the best is to wait for the RC3 (imminent).

There were several problems:

- Problem with translation function $this->l (validation.php)

- Problem when using a coupon (paypal.tpl)

- Error in help to install PayPal (there was a '.' at end of URLs)

- Sandbox mode often broken (PayPal issue, related on developer.paypal.com)

Thanks everybody for your help solving this issue!

Edit on 2008-05-05

- Zip file is updated (deleted extraVars parameter introduced in RC3 only)

- In Module.php class you need to add these line in "public function l(" :

if (!isset($cookie) OR !is_object($cookie))
$cookie->id_lang = intval(Configuration::get('PS_LANG_DEFAULT'));

Edit on 2008-05-03

- Zip file is updated (Tools::strlen() has been replaced by strlen() in validation.php file)

- In Module.php class you need to replace "protected function l(" by "public function l("

PS: This module is compatible for RC2 version only

These two points has been included in RC3

Best regards,

paypal.zip

Bonjour,

j'ai fait la mise à jour complète du module, j'ai revu toute la configuration de mon compte paypal mais je n'ai pas de commande validée.

je fais la commande sur le site, paypal a bien le bon nombre d'articles, le bon prix et tout, je paie, j'ai la notification de paypal que mon compte a été débité, il est bien viré sur le compte de la boutique mais dans la gestion de la boutique, aucune trace de la commande, pourtant d'après les logs apache, j'ai bien un retour :

notify.paypal.com .fr - [03/May/2008:15:55:29 +0200] "POST /modules/paypal/validation.php HTTP/1.0" 200 159 "-" "-"

abo.wanadoo.fr .fr - [03/May/2008:15:55:44 +0200] "GET /order-confirmation.php?key=9c47d251e09de0d51c82daa4247df894 HTTP/1.1" 302 12782 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"

abo.wanadoo.fr .fr - [03/May/2008:15:55:46 +0200] "GET /history.php HTTP/1.1" 200 3960 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"

Avez vous une explication ?

The PS Team had better deny using French on this board in order to make PS grow faster. I have nothing against France, but if PS should become worldwide used and grow, it is high time PS team made you all use English. Many important topics are discussed here, but not in English. Please think about it.

What I am not undestanding at the moment is the fact, that you, freretuc (and many others), are using French in this (ENGLISH) part of the forum.

Hello Fabien,

Nous avons fait le test sur plusieurs comptes et cela fonctionnait correctement.

Peux-tu prendre contact avec nous par email afin que l'on regarde ce qui ne va pas avec ton installation ?

Hi Rain3r,

I'm ok with you however not all frenchies are speaking english fluently...

Our new communautary website might solve this problem :D

Here I was only asking Fabien to contact us directly to have a look to his problem

Best regards,

I'm so sorry to post in French in an english part of the forum, i haven't seen the "english". This was the last post about a problem in french and english side so i have post here because i don't want to make a new topic.

(and I'm so sorry for my english)

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

First of all. Sorry about my english. I'm from Spain and running PrestaShop RC3. Big thanks to the developers team. It's a fantastic solution. My shop was almost up in 5 days. Big Thank You guys...now, my issues with paypal :D -

I'm gonna try to explain this as clear as possible:

Like many of you, my paypal module didn't confirm the payment. I've recently backed up, installed RC3 and tested it again. Still doesn't work . I have two paypal accounts and a test user to check for bugs and fix any kind of problems that could come up.

Paypal account #1: not verified (in process)

Paypal account #2: verified

If i buy something from my paypal #2 and complete the process, neither my history or orders listing shows up the PayPal transaction. I've also uploaded the fix that you guys developed. Still doesn't work.

Maybe it's because of my not verified account? - it will be veryfied in the next 5 or 6 days, but my online store it's coming alive tomorrow morning. If this is the problem, i can wait :D -

Could be some sql issue? I've tried the rc3 module and the fix, problem's not solved. Is there something that i'm missing from admin configuration or database related?

Please, i need an answer as soon as somebody could help me.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i'm using prestashop 0.9.5, we hacked it a bit so it'll be difficult to update directly to rc3 version.

Since may 28 we're having problems with paypal ipn, it seems that paypal changed the way it worked.

The orders paid with paypal are'nt inserted in the DB and we can't figure out why.

Do you guys have some info ?

Thank you.

Oh, okay.  And that's still the case, that it's not working on the Paypal side?  I'll try the sending myself money thing when I'm ready to finally test, but so far I've gone up to the final "make the payment" point and everything seems to be working, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)