Delete / remove PDF invoice from order confirmation email

lol.. I've spent all night trying to figure out how to get the PDF invoice to attach to an email !!

I would say edit out the lines in classes/PaymentModule.php

// Join PDF invoice
 if ((int)(Configuration::get('PS_INVOICE')) AND Validate::isLoadedObject($orderStatus) AND $orderStatus->invoice AND $order->invoice_number)
 {
  $fileAttachment['content'] = PDF::invoice($order, 'S');
  $fileAttachment['name'] = Configuration::get('PS_INVOICE_PREFIX', (int)($order->id_lang)).sprintf('%06d', $order->invoice_number).'.pdf';
  $fileAttachment['mime'] = 'application/pdf';
 }
 else
  $fileAttachment = NULL;

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like the customer's PDF Invoice to be sent the minute order is paid for as well as the delivery slip to be sent automatically when i change the order status to "Preparation in progress"

there are a lot of smart people out there...can anyone help with how to get this done...

• 2 months later...

When a client places an order, the pdf invoice is sent with the order_conf email.

How can I stop this from happening?

I do not want the invoice to be sent by email

Thanks!

To resolve this, simply you have to disable attachment in order status of "Payment accepted".. if you disable option to generate pdf here, you will not receive it attached on the second email of Order Confirmation... try to do it and let me know

;) for me it worked!

• Like 1

To resolve this, simply you have to disable attachment in order status of "Payment accepted".. if you disable option to generate pdf here, you will not receive it attached on the second email of Order Confirmation... try to do it and let me know

;) for me it worked!

the request was to remove it from the email, they did not say anything about preventing the invoice from being generated. with your solution, you would not be able to view the invoice from the back office

When a client places an order, the pdf invoice is sent with the order_conf email.

How can I stop this from happening?

I do not want the invoice to be sent by email

Disable "Send e-mail to customer" for "Payment accepted" and/or maybe else statuses on Back Office > Orders > Statuses

• 4 months later...

I would like my email to have the PDF attached...how do i do it.... Right now its a HTML invoice..... I would like both to be sent, I would like them to get the html invoice with the PDF attached.

Yess... i need this info also! :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

Putting another word in for help in stopping the PDF invoice from being attached to the confirmation email. :)

This is probably more important than you might think actually, because in all my test orders using various different web-based email addresses (Gmail, Hotmail etc.), ALL of my order confirmations are getting filtered as spam. In other words, there is a very good chance that the customer might never even see them. I am almost positive it's because of the attachment (mail programs defaulted to not allowing attachments from email addresses that aren't already in the user's contact list). Besides, attaching the PDF is redundant; all the order data the customer needs is right there in the email itself anyway.

Edited by artofadornment (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the opposite problem the invoice does not get attached to the order confirmation email, there's a ton of posts about people wanting to add it or remove it but no answers, surely someone must have figured this out by now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...