How [NOT] to delete orders

• 2 months later...

Be aware using that method!

I used it and it messed up my database. Every time an order was placed, products from older (deleted) orders where automatically added.

After a lot of searching I discovered that the deleted orders where still present in the database.

So the safe way is to delete unwanted orders from you database using PhpMyAdmin in the ps_orders and ps_orders_detail table.

Regards,

-Dave

• 2 months later...

the issue is that when you use this method to delete an order, not all order information is deleted, some are but not all.

so here is an example to make it more clear

let say you have the following orders

order 1

order 2

order 3

then you delete order 2. then next order in sequence will be order 4. this will not cause an issue by using this method.

however let's say you have the following orders

order 4

order 5

order 6

then you delete order 6. then next order in sequence will not be order 7, prestashop will assign order 6 again.

so this means the older products from the original order 6, will be associated with the products from the new order 6.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have tested order a lot but I can't delete them on my PS1.4.7.0

I wonder if this module http://addons.presta...ete-orders.html could do the job easily for me

If I have to delete manually from PHPmyAdmin .... what should I delete or is there any step by step to delete that ?

Be careful with this module... same problem as with using the above mentioned technique happens (Nickless). I had the same weird-ass shit happen to me following using that module... hopefully by deleting all the order details, it will have fixed my problem... I can only hope !

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My message here too:

I did it, used "delete" in URL line for test orders. And when I made a new test order...them all came back!. So you

are not necessary messing your database, but well you are so lost with your orders! (if you are using this method for

real orders )

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Do NOT EVER use this method in a live system. I used it on our shop deleting our test orders before we launched the store, and it seemed to work fine. BUT: It deletes only the master orders table, but leaves all the others, where the invoice data is kept intact, causing ghost products appearing in invoices, tax calculations get completely wrong, ordered products listings get messed from the actual  shopping cart and what was paid etc. So this happened to us after we launched the store. Huge mess!

So using "deleteorder" via the URL results in total chaos and hell of work manually editing the DB tables and tracking down all messed up records across the different order related tables.

Edited by Omk (see edit history)

Do NOT EVER use this method in a live system. It deletes only the master orders table, but leaves all the others, where the invoice data is kept intact, causing ghost products appearing in invoices, tax calculations get completely wrong, ordered products listings get messed from the actual  shopping cart and what was paid etc.

So using "deleteorder" via the URL results in total chaos and hell of work manually editing the DB tables and tracking down all messed up records across the different order related tables.

I agree!...I am going to lock this thread and remove any 'unsafe' sort of recommendations.  

Please read omk's post, do not delete orders manually, only if official PS module and even then it's not recommended.  Test orders can simply be canceled, and they will over time age off list.