After installation,back office page visible,front main web page not opening....

Hi...need help with prestashop installation...I have installed prestashop and I can see its back end web page and can login into it as well but front end shop page is not opening up in my browser and it is showing error.I dont know what is the reason?

Have I made a mistake in understanding prestashop..???Is it to be installed with some other CMS or it is self sufficient ? I have no other file except prestashop files in my web directory.

Could you please give me a little hint what I should do regarding apache configuration or what should I ask my host to do with this issue.When I contacted them they straightaway said that sorry this shopping cart software is not supported by control panel.But I told him that then why back office page is working fine and then they didnt reply.

Also while installing prestashop installation had checked all system requirement and it checked all correct.So please specifically what does this apache configuration mean or what I should do in relation to that if you can tell....????Thanks for ur previous reply...

Hi premkatiyar and Tina,

The exact steps will depend on your respective hosting services, but you will need to find the option to perform an Apache Update. Your best bet will be to either call your host or search their help files for information on how to update it through their respective control panels. As you can see here, this user found the steps for doing it through WHM, but you'll need to find out how to do it depending on your individual hosts.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Mike,

I just talked to webhosting pad and emailed support.. they said and I quote

"After consulting with the system admins it appears there is no current higher version of apache to upgrade to. We have the latest updates from Cpanel and Apache.

Try giving the error log on the Prestashop forums and see if they say anything further regarding the issue.

Regards,

Tim

www.webhostingpad.com

Ticket Details

===================

Ticket ID: MRM-310307

Department: Support

Priority: default

don't I feel pushed into a circle.

very frustrated.. I have checked every setting and it all looks good.. what gives???

Hi Tina,

Based on that email, it sounds like they thought you were asking about an upgrade to a newer version, where what you really need is to rebuild your existing Apache configuration. I hope this is more clear as to what needs to be done. Unfortunately, I don't know much about Web Hosting Pad, but I'll try to see what I can find.

-Mike

The installation was perfect..

1. Welcome!
  2. Disclaimer
  3. System Compatibility
  4. Update is complete!

<p class="contentTitle">

Your update is completed!

• Etape 1 ok
  • Etape 2 ok
  • Etape 3
  • Etape 4

Your shop version is now 1.4.4.1

View the log

You have just updated and configured PrestaShop as your online shop solution. We wish you all the best with the success of your online shop.

I do not understand what could it be?

Hi Tina,

I went in and noticed a few things that needed to be activated or deactivated, but much more importantly, it appears that your site actually doesn't point to any of your files. If you right click on your page and select "View Page Source," you'll see what I mean. Can you confirm the path of the root folder for this site to see if maybe your site is no longer pointing in the right direction?

-Mike

Mike,

It is there, The back office remember is working perfectly. It is finding those files just fine. Not sure how this is any different. I did not move any files???

I gave you cpanel access too which is same for FTP and for file manager.

This is what it says.. looks like it is all linking..

Root directory : /home2/ledlites/public_html

Root directory status : enabled.gif fully writable

Shop status : enabled.gifActive

PHP time limit : enabled.gifdisabled

Root directory : enabled.gif writable recursively.

Hi Tina,

Since you continue to have problems with this, I would recommend you try to do a clean install to see if that fixes your issues. Based on the steps we have already taken with little success, it's possible a file got inadvertently altered at some point that could be causing your issues. Please let me know if that works for you. At the very least, this will give us a blank slate to better identify what exactly is causing this for you.

-Mike