[SOLVED] Back Office Not Loading

Hi,

This is the first time I've tried PrestaShop. So before using it on a live site, I've installed it onto my localhost using MAMP.

I've gone through the installation process successfully and have removed the Install folder and the .txt files and I've renamed admin to admin123.

My Front Office loads and shows fine. When I load the Back Office however, I get the login page and once I've entered my criteria it points to admin123/index.html it just gives me a blank page.

I can't work out what to do, if I can't see my back office then I can't even begin. As far as I can tell I've done everything I should do. Has anyone come across this before or know how to solve it?

Many thanks

So, as I'd not had a response I thought I'd check whether i'd done anything wrong in the process, as I'm doing this locally I just started again.

I've now installed a new version of Prestashop and am still getting the same issue :( any advice would be really appreciated as I'm stumped as to what is going wrong.

Satkin,

We logged this as a bug and passed it along to our developers. As soon as they go in and find the solution, I will be sure to let you know.

-Mike

Thanks Mike,

Whilst I've been waiting for a response I've been trawling these forums looking for similar issues. I've not found any that repeat it, but I've followed some advice on this thread (here)

I tried adding the code snippet and the text shows up when on line 32 (i.e. directly below)

include(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/functions.php');

and it then fails when moved down to line 33 (i.e. directly below)

include(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/header.inc.php');

I couldn't understand the above thread after that point so don't know how to solve it further.

Working at this point, fails here after:

define('_PS_ADMIN_DIR_', getcwd());
define('PS_ADMIN_DIR', _PS_ADMIN_DIR_); // Retro-compatibility

include(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/../config/config.inc.php');
include(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/functions.php');
die("I am here, it is for debug");
include(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/header.inc.php');

Thanks for raising this.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Did you happen to find an answer to this? I'm now having the exact same problems.

My server died over night, the host restored and now I can't get my back office to load fully. Mine dies exactly the same point as yours...

Steve and TryTwo,

While we're still working on a permanent fix, several members of the PS community have put together several suggested code fixes depending on your respective PrestaShop versions. For the time being, I would suggest that you check out that thread here.

I hope this helps you!

-Mike

Hi,

I have the same problem as satkin2.

Today I installed Prestashop and I cant log in at the backoffice.

What do I have to do now?

thanks

Hi inspiration,

The bug fix was only submitted a few hours ago, so I would recommend you do a clean reinstall to apply the fix.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I tried following the code fixes, but the first change Maxence suggests isn't possible. Where he says to replace on line 29/30, line 29 is { and line 30 is just a comment.

On your config/confg.inc.php, replace line 29 and 30 by this one:

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

If I can't make the first change I don't want to go ahead with the others.