Backoffice page not loading!

I can't login to my back office, I go to the folder, and it will not load. Says Problem loading page, but all the files in the mysql database and the ftp manager are fine.

Nothing comes up, just one of those Problem Loading page, check your internet, etc. pages.

Where's my login page? Was working last night, the store is enabled too and it shouldn't be right now, because I wasn't finished testing and the shipping is set wrong.

can you upload an screenshot image of your error page or just paste the whole error here so that we can identify the issue.
I am not sure the if the issue happens before the PrestaShop script run or not.

it is better to set display_errors to 'on' in /config/config.inc.php file when you have any issue.

The error code is set to on.

http://www.ghacks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/unable-to-connect-500x225.png

That's a picture of exactly the error I'm getting.. It doesn't make any sense. The page just won't show up, even though it's there and I haven't changed any information since last night. I've searched exhaustively for a similar problem and can't seem to find anybody with the same trouble.

This error means your browser is not able to reach your server.
if your internet connect is ok, then I guess you must have wrong URL.
usually the admin folder was changed to something else after installation. please check that your have access the right url.

in that case, it could be something wrong with your server, something like internal redirect loop.

if you a little bit of coding, you can have try to insert one line code to the index.php file to see where the problem occurs.

insert this on the top of YourAdminFolder/index.php file before all the include lines. and then run your page again see it message comes out.

die("I am here, it is for debug");

If the message does not show up, it means the page never reached.
if the message shows up, it means something wrong in your site.
you can identify the location cause the issue by moving above line to next a few lines until you got the problem.

make a backup of your file before make any changes.

It broke on line 40. Right up top.

include(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/../config/config.inc.php');
include(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/functions.php');
include(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/header.inc.php');
if (empty($tab) and !sizeof($_POST))
{
$tab = 'AdminHome';
$_POST['tab'] = 'AdminHome';
$_POST['token'] = Tools::getAdminToken($tab.intval(checkingTab($tab)).intval($cookie->id_employee));
}

Is front office running normal? that is weird.
I guess the problem is something wrong with some file when running the config.inc.php
it auto loads a lot of classes and modules and initialize the system.
it is very difficult to say which is the cause.

How can I disable the shop manually in the time being without being able to login?

You have manually change database I think.
I guess you have to set this PS_SHOP_ENABLE to 0 in ps_configuration table.

and also set this PS_MAINTENANCE_IP to your IP address so that you can access it at maintenance mode

good luck!

maintenance mode means you can set the shop (front store, nothing to do your back office) that not allow public user access, only allow access from limited ip address so that you can make some changes on your store.

maybe some file is damaged, maybe your provider made changes affected your, maybe...

I have no idea either why would this happens.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

well actually, I cant see if this issue has been reported SOLVED, but I would like to contribute, because I am experiencing almost the same problem now. One month ago I was working with my Presta, everything ok, back office loading without probs. After returning from holiday, backoffice wont open anymore (Problem loading page). Frontend working completely normally. To shorten it:

I have tried the stepps above with the "die..." command and I have followed the php files to the init.php where there is one line:

Tools::redirectAdmin('login.php'.(empty($destination) || ($destination == 'index.php?logout') ? '' : '?redirect='.$destination));

When I place "die.." before, message appears. Placing it after this line causes "Problem loading page".

Acutally, I was not that lucky with simply removing Maintenance IP address, because I am working with PS installed locally on my localhost and there was no maintenance IP before, SQL table shows no entry.

However I tried now to download and istall the newest version of PS and I can access the back office without probs. I simply want to know if there is any workaround to solve this problem, because I can not imagine to migrate to new installation everytime it appears. I read somewhere that it has to do with kind of loopback and some Canonical site. I have no idea what this could mean..

Pls advise :) Thx.

Edit, I forgot to mention, that I have tried to find out, if there could be possibly something wrong with my htaccess (hijack or some intrusion from outside), but looking inside showed only a few lines. They appear to be fine.

Now I am not very sure about if the admin page begins with http: or https:

I have tried the working new PS now and when playing around with the SSL option the link for checking if https is working for me shows the same page "Problem loading". Is it possible that I have somehow turned on the SSL? Is there any way to find out, eventually to turn off SSL from outside?

Thanks again.

Just for update. I've played with the debug command little bit and followed php files further more. I found this

header('Location: '.Tools::getShopDomainSsl(true).$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

in the login.php file (approx. line 38), which is not pointing to any other php file, thus I believe the problem could be around this line. Unfortunately I have no clue what it does. Nevertheless, placing "die" infront returns debug message and after this line the usual "problem loading page"..

I am quite convinced, that this problem must have to do with wrong SSL settings. However I really dont know, how I could have changed the options.

Just for general overview, I am using Ubuntu. I am not sure, but the last time I came across some SSL settings was, when I created private keys for creating VNC connection to my notebook. This required SSL tunel for encryption. Could this somehow influence the PS??? (this maybe a question for experienced linux users).

Thx.

OK solved for now. It was the SSL :)

I had to manually disable SSL in the ps_configuration table at the PS_SSL_ENABLED > 0..

Now it is time to find out hot to set it correctly, as for the search of "prestashop ssl" in google there are tons of discussions and problems :(..